"Open Letter to the LA Times re Morrissey" - For Britain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidt, Oct 31, 2019.

By davidt on Oct 31, 2019 at 4:36 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Troll Troll x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidt, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Ben Budd
      Ben Budd
      yeah, i ain't clicking that link at work. Don't want the IT team thinking I am a fascist sympathiser. It's bad enough posting on here.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 2
    2. Lionsy
      Lionsy
      Living next door to Anne Marie Waters sounds like the start of a terrible sitcom
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Trill
      Trill
      You can ask all those questions. Just don’t be fooled by the answers right wingers will give you. Unless, of course, you’ve already made up your mind what answer you want from those questions.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Troll Troll x 3
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This is an important parallel. The right wing publicly and remorselessly demonised young, single mothers throughout the 80s and 90s. It got to a point were people actually discussed that all young, working class women had babies to access housing and benefits. It was a shameful lie - never borne out of fact. Still, people believed the lie as a truth.

The latest right wing scapegoat is immigrants. Lie after lie after lie till lie becomes accepted truth. Think Trump.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Hovis Lesley
      Hovis Lesley
      Then ask AMW directly.
      • Troll Troll x 2
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Interesting that the period you refer to was mainly Tory governments.

I remember such 'discussions' & know for a fact that women were getting pregnant in order to secure housing & benefits. I knew such women & they knew how to work the system & rip off the actual people who worked & paid their taxes. It's not/it wasn't a lie at all. It was happening big time.

I don't think 'demonisation' was specifically 'owned' by any political direction - good try skinny...fact is, UK society as a whole were well & truly pissed off about it.

Benefit fraud was also rife throughout this period (I also knew people who were serial offenders & made a 'career' out of wrongful/illegal benefit claims), & subsequent periods, even up until a couple of years ago when the Tories clamped down & the 'benefits gravy train' collapsed.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    7. Hovis Lesley
      Hovis Lesley
      I wasn’t pissed off about it; I just regularly had the media telling me I was. I was actually pissed off about UK industry, and related communities, being methodically destroyed.
      Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
      • Troll Troll x 1
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Well, in Britain, you do that by reducing mass immigrants to Britain.
    9. Nerak
      Nerak
      The Independent has a hit opinion piece calling Morrissey a horrible human being & a bigot, from a former fan.

Former fans are unbelievably harsh. He's overwhelmingly said more demented left-wing things than right-wing, For Britain is a crank party led by an unlikely fascist (she is a fascist, but she's not your obvious kind) & his personality issues have probably got a lot to do with clinical depression.

I understand disagreeing with him or being disappointed, but they hate him to his core & have no sympathy with his problems at all.

It's more horrifying than his mad opinions really.
      • Dislike Dislike x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    10. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      You're over analyzing this. I can't stand him because of what he's become - a right-wing racist apologist, surrounded by people he's paid to tell him he's right.

I despise racists and bigots. It's as simple as that, and that is my baseline.
      • Like Like x 6
      • Troll Troll x 5
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This above is yet more incoherent, subjective nonsense from right wing loons. You can always trust 'facts' when they are presented as "I knew such women" and "It was happening big time". I'm almost sure he meant to type "bigly" (in honour of his Trumpish master) instead of "big time" but got distracted.

Another howler "UK society as a whole were well & truly pissed off about it." Well, I know that to be untue because I wasn't pissed off about it (it was a lie) or am I not part of this "whole".

So there we have it: racism, misogyny, revisionism, sexism and class facism. Seems like a nice boy.
    12. DreamingofStew
      DreamingofStew
      I'm no longer persuaded by people merely dropping 'right-wing' into a conversation as if it's a sign saying, "Turn back!" But no, I haven't made up my mind.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    13. DreamingofStew
      DreamingofStew
      Bloody hilarious, I get a dislike from the guy who's supposedly telling me to keep an open mind. I think we can fairly describe that as 'bad faith'.
      • Insightful Insightful x 2
      • Troll Troll x 1
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Bad faith? In here? Why, I've never been more shocked.
      • Funny Funny x 2
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Reading her letter, there are 351,000 immigrants coming into Britain every year, if she is talking about the equivalent of Anaheim California.
      That's a huge surge of people with no skills required, who gain entry to Britain.
      How does social services cope with this increase every year?
      How can that be workable ?
      I would actually like a rational response, if anyone has any insight.
      • Informative Informative x 1
    16. E Scott
      E Scott
      This open letter is bizarre and pointless. AMW and ForBritain are far right but they will continue to deny and twist in their open letter. We shouldnt worry after their manifesto went down like a ton of bricks in New Cross Gate by election. They are a movement of hate and scaremongerers - no more no less.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    17. Nerak
      Nerak
      Racism & bigotry are very unpleasant, but so is hating someone so obviously mentally ill.

It's sad that his life has reduced down to singing & saying controversial things because he's got himself upset about animal welfare or women's rights or whatever other thing that feeds his nihilistic persecution complex.

And it's sad that he has to keep his world so small because he's so bad at social interaction.

He's flawed, not evil.
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    18. countthree
      countthree
      Thank God there are women in politics. Lots of men don't see the rise of islam in western countries in the same urgent way women and gays fear it. Think about a muslim mayor "joking" about converting ignorant football fans to islam. Think about millions of subdued women producing baby soldiers to a future army of fanatics, members of a pseudo-religion constructed to conquer the world and govern it under a religious state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spread_of_Islam

This woman made reference to an important issue everybody seems to ignore when they talk about immigration: geography. England is a great country but it's a tiny island compared to another countries. It's not the same when you talk about massive immigration in America than when you talk about it in UK. United Kingdom is about 40 times smaller than United States.

https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/country-size-comparison/united-kingdom/united-states

Talking about this, I think it's totally unfair and embarrassing that USA and Canada, two countries that were made by immigrants, refuse to receive more immigration from the rest of the American continent. Lots of people, most of them actual descendents of native americans, are in urgent need of political or economical asylum (in part by Trump-kissing-Putin-ass kind of politics in Latin America) but they are being rejected by a shameful wall projected in Obama cynical era, or by truly racist laws as in the case of Canada, that priviles immigration from another continents. How do you explain that hundreds of thousands of refugees from Venezuela arrives to Argentina, some of them WALKING, when USA is much more close to Venezuela? You explain it by hate, ignorance, haughtiness and ungratefulness of those two hypocrite countries towards the rest of the continent.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-takes-credit-obama-border-wall-818671/

https://policyoptions.irpp.org/maga...urning-its-back-on-central-american-refugees/

Distance between Caracas (Venezuela) to Florida (USA): 2445 km
      Distance berween Caracas (Venezuela) to Buenos Aires (Argentina): 5090 km

‘Situation of Venezuelan refugees and migrants needs greater global attention’

You hypocrite piece of s**t LA Times and Randall Roberts.
      Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
      • Troll Troll x 1
    19. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      I'm not prepared to let racists off. Ever. No matter what their excuse.
      • Troll Troll x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    20. NealCassidy
      NealCassidy
      Is ‘uncle skinny’ a Muslim?
      • Troll Troll x 2