Ontario, CA - Toyota Arena (Nov. 11, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / First Of The Gang To Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Jim Jim Falls / Rebels Without Applause / Girlfriend In A Coma / My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye / My Hurling Days Are Done / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Half A Person / The Loop / Knockabout World / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Saint In A Stained Glass Window (live debut) / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of: bobbydee, Jess-E, cvbreslin & FWD (verified against YT entire concert).

Last edited:
Loved Jack the Ripper loved the fog effect

Attachments

• BCCC3D4A-9A17-4855-AF41-1CAAD6D1AC46.jpeg
    BCCC3D4A-9A17-4855-AF41-1CAAD6D1AC46.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0
  • F1FC5E83-FC6B-4692-BAA8-62D52AD46C39.jpeg
    F1FC5E83-FC6B-4692-BAA8-62D52AD46C39.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
what time did he go on? I'm going to the Greek tonight and trying to figure out what time to get there, was there opening acts?

It's kinda crazy to see because the punters at the Stockton, UK gig couldn't keep still in their seats, including me. In fact, it was impacting photography, so I had to calm it down a little. There were even guys, who admittedly were extremely far gone, dancing in the aisles. Looking at these videos it's as though a bunch of people were forced to attend something they didn't really want to see. How can people just stand/sit there completely dead. Beats me. 🤨
There's an obesity epidemic in USA. It might be relevant.

I was at Suede on Thursday and Morrissey last night too. Brett and Morrissey are two very different performers - always have been. Morrissey never jumped around like that (last night was show 53 for me). Morrissey is also like 10 years older than Brett. The crowd in the seats last night were pretty stoked, too. One more thing- Brett was playing to about what 2500 people - in very close proximity? Moz had 11,000 last night in an arena. I love them both - buut I wouldn't compare their "energy".
I love Suede but Brett has sweet FA all to say.

It's kinda crazy to see because the punters at the Stockton, UK gig couldn't keep still in their seats, including me. In fact, it was impacting photography, so I had to calm it down a little. There were even guys, who admittedly were extremely far gone, dancing in the aisles. Looking at these videos it's as though a bunch of people were forced to attend something they didn't really want to see. How can people just stand/sit there completely dead. Beats me. 🤨
Security at US gigs are pretty strict now. I guess at one of the recent CA Suede shows Brett had to have a word with them during the show.

Yes Moz crowds are a bit boring in USA. over the last 7 years or so.
I thought something had happened in America but other bands like Idles, Liam G, Sparks, Boy Harsher and the other night Suede and Manic have a wild crowd. Suede made the crowd mental
M gigs are just way way better in UK/ Ireland and irs nearly always been like that
Its a shame as it effects M's perfomance
Since you don't know anything about the United States, I will tell you that security makes it difficult for everyone. Live Nation bought Ticketmaster and a lot of venues and they control everything, the government has intervened because it is reaching monopoly status and they had to sign a consent decree when they first started doing this. I kept it simple for you and your sock puppets.

"Saint" started like a George Harrison song and then turned into a mash-up of "Jack The Ripper" and "Something Is Squeezing My Skull". If the album comes out AS PROMISED in February, it'll probably take its place among "I Live In Oblivion" and the title song as songs-least-likely-to for me.

btw how many times has Morrissey mentioned Jesus? Is it the fourth time after "Yes, I am Blind", "I Have Forgiven Jesus", and "November Spawned a Monster"?
Once a Catholic, always a Catholic. This is why the Jesuits used to say 'give us the child and we will give you the man'. Get them young and you leave an imprint on the brain of language and imagery that can never be forgotten, in spite of a lifetime of reason and experience. I would imagine Islam and Judaism are not dissimilar. And as we get older, and parents die etc., some form of comfort and consolation can be found in the strangest of places.

But Morrissey did used to dance and fling himself about, fall to the ground, etc. He's not a young man anymore it's true, neither is Brett. There is no comparing the two. Morrissey is a crooner and Brett is a rock'n'roll star, with corresponding audience responses.
Yes, he occasionally would lie down over the front feedback monitors, and shake his butt full of gladioli during the old days- (the most he ever really "flung himself about" was bending down to shake our hands - but he never stomped around like a lunatic like Brett. It works for Brett - Morrissey has never done that.

btw how many times has Morrissey mentioned Jesus? Is it the fourth time after "Yes, I am Blind", "I Have Forgiven Jesus", and "November Spawned a Monster"?
Dear anonymous

Quite a few times. However, given the current state of mind of the songwriter, there's a good chance that Jesus is not here the Jeez we all know and love, but simply a prostitute behind a window in Amsterdam. Jesus being a more original name than Veronica for someone in that profession, I'll give you that.

Now go in peace,
the Vicar of Dribling.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom