Online sites....serious advice

Mozzy1

Seriously, and I'm not fooling....has anyone here tried an online site to meet someone?

Last edited:
Seriously, and I'm not fooling....has anyone here tried an online site to meet someone?

How has it worked? Recently, a coworker gave me the name of a site, http://www.plentyoffish.com claiming that, it has worked for him & I know personally that, he's gone out on various dates.

I know this is a PATHETIC topic but, I'm being serious. I've done this whole route before but, I'm thinking of signing up. Ok, I won't lie. I created a profile there last night & included a recent photograph too, so, there's no "surprises" if you know what I mean? The almost going to be- 35- year- old syndrome w/out a family is really, really, really sinking in. lol

I'm basically looking for advice & tips on what I can say that'll attract someone sensible. My alias there is spooky84 so, you can search & see what I put. Seriously, I'm putting this out here looking for REAL help & if you can think of any way to improve myself or the profile, please, let me know. Well, friend to friend here, thanks in advance for anything you can help me with. Secondly, wish me luck....I'll need it.

What have your experiences been like?
How long should I give this? Months, I mean?
If I do meet someone, how long should it be for dating?
How long did it take you to receive responses?
Did you put yourself out there, meaning YOU approach & ask someone out? If you were rejected after you've done so, what did you do to bring yourself back up?

I have no personal experience on online-dating but my ex-flatmate met her husband through an internet dating site. She's happy and the guy is actually very nice. Just be careful and don't reveal too much information about yourself. And if you go on a date, always make sure a friend knows where you're going and how long you intend to stay. :)

Last edited:

How has it worked? Recently, a coworker gave me the name of a site, http://www.plentyoffish.com claiming that, it has worked for him & I know personally that, he's gone out on various dates.

I know this is a PATHETIC topic but, I'm being serious. I've done this whole route before but, I'm thinking of signing up. Ok, I won't lie. I created a profile there last night & included a recent photograph too, so, there's no "surprises" if you know what I mean? The almost going to be- 35- year- old syndrome w/out a family is really, really, really sinking in. lol

I'm basically looking for advice & tips on what I can say that'll attract someone sensible. My alias there is spooky84 so, you can search & see what I put. Seriously, I'm putting this out here looking for REAL help & if you can think of any way to improve myself or the profile, please, let me know. Well, friend to friend here, thanks in advance for anything you can help me with. Secondly, wish me luck....I'll need it.

Did you put yourself out there, meaning YOU approach & ask someone out? If you were rejected after you've done so, what did you do to bring yourself back up?

dash2.gif

most of the people i've met from the internet are Not Right in the Head.
HAHHAHAAAHAA

Weren't you already on that site before Xmas?

Don't you have trouble with vampires at parties:confused:

If they are called Vlad or Drac it might be a bad idea and if they have a profile picture, that is something like these:

dracula.jpg

dracula.jpg

dracula.gif

You have got a wicked wit.Very funny.:)

I've heard of people meeting their soul mate online.But personally knowing my lack of luck I'd end up with a right pervert or an axe murderer.I wouldn't dabble myself.It does smack a little of desperation.

You have got a wicked wit.Very funny.:)

I've heard of people meeting their soul mate online.But personally knowing my lack of luck I'd end up with a right pervert or an axe murderer.I wouldn't dabble myself.It does smack a little of desperation.

So, before solo went down, I was saying that I used to date a guy I had met on the internet. He asked me out a couple of times and altough it didn't last very long, it was a nice experience. :) My cousin also met her husband online and they're now expecting their first baby. :sweet: It is true though that the first guy from the internet she dated was a complete asshole... :mad:

I know 2 people (women) who tried a dating service it did not work for them, I "know" someone on the internet who met her husband in a aol chat room, they are still married with the usual trials in life.
I would honestly say, what about taking a big break from online romances and stuff, just try to relax and live your life. You never know what is round the corner for you.
You also know you get hassles on these kinds of threads cause they seem to go round in circles, I do not like the meanness of it really but I think people can get a bit fed up repeating themselves.
Good luck though, really.

Where is Kewpie when we need her? This thread needs to be appended to its identical twin from a couple of weeks ago.

However, because I am good soul: Mozzy, a business associate of mine (hehehe, that makes it sound like I'm in the Mob, lol) met a wonderful guy on either Match.com or eharmony.com, I forget which it was. They've been married for about five years now and are very happy.

In all seriousness, I don't see why it should be any different going out with someone you met online to someone you met down the pub/at a party etc. You've got just as much chance of them being a nutcase...

Back
Top Bottom