Online sites....serious advice

This time, I put my password away safely. I also re-organized my thoughts on paper first and had my friend from work, Deb, help me write out exactly what I wanted to say.

I am relieved you put your password away safely and i am very relieved that you had your friend from work, Deb, help you write out exactly what you wanted to say.:rolleyes:

But if i may offer some advice - why not forget about the whole dating thing for a while and relax into being single and comfortable on your own. Then someone might come along all of their own accord....This whole internet dating saga is a minefield. People can get lucky but people can also get hurt. Especially if they are desperate. Be careful.

Has anyone seen my profile there? What do you think of my photo? Should I change it? Seriously.

What about my ad? Is it "too desparate" & "too intense"?

I mean, at least I didn't lie & everything I put was the God's honest truth, including my photo so that there's "no surprises" if you know what I mean?

well maybe pop a bit of make up on, or if you have some on a little bit more, I thought in the pic you looked a bit flushed, maybe you are a reddish toned person as a rule tho, I think it is best to be honest though as you have been. I do not wear much make up in fact I really only would put some on if I was going out for an evening something like that so if you feel weird about it then don't bother.

The serious reason I posted this was asking for some tips.

Yes, I did have a profile on there but, I lost my password & when I tried the several to log-in, all t hat happened was, it locked me out. So, I e-mailed the administrator. He deleted the account but then, I re-did my account just last night. This time, I put my password away safely. I also re-organized my thoughts on paper first and had my friend from work, Deb, help me write out exactly what I wanted to say.

I'm giving it a couple of months. I'm not asking anyone out though, I just don't approach.

If you have had success on this or any other websites, let me know. If you could think I could improve w/ polite constructive criticism, let me know too.

I'm being thankful & genuine to you in the process. This is not whiney or worried either.

Thanks.

I met my current girlfriend on Match.com. We've been driving each other crazy for over 4 years now. Seriously, we are in love and sharing a small apartment together.

I think these dating sites are excellent for weeding out the flakes, the uninterested and the boring. It sure beats screaming in some underaged girls ear while drinking watered down beer and listening to god-awful techno crap at a club not worth paying 20 cents to get into, let alone $20 - only to find out she's a lesbian who lives in another state with her bodybuilding girlfriend.

Has anyone seen my profile there? What do you think of my photo? Should I change it? Seriously.

I mean, at least I didn't lie & everything I put was the God's honest truth, including my photo so that there's "no surprises" if you know what I mean?

For god's sake, we were going through the very same questions less than a month ago! :eek:

I suggest you present yourself as honestly as posssible. That way you'll attract people to you, not some ficticious version of you. :)

I prefer older women ;)

how old??I am very well preserved for my 38 years and have been told "no waaaaay you look about 28!!" but then no one is going to say you look decrepid.):o

I could do with a toy boy.:D

I can't take the rubbish out without my slap.

how old??I am very well preserved for my 38 years and have been told "no waaaaay you look about 28!!" but then no one is going to say you look decrepid.):o

Wow, in the hour and a half since the site went down I'm now 100% single again! I knew her name and everything :(

I guess you're not anymore... ;):D

Well, I guess Vicarinatutugal was right, I wasn't being very constructive. No, wait, I was but that was on another thread, another time.... :rolleyes: Anyway, Lizzie, if you're ready here it is:

1. Your username would be a total put-off for me. Spooky? Who'd want to date a woman named like that?

2. You have very nice blond hair which is good. Just don't pull it back, and you could do with a more trendy haircut, I guess.

3. Some makeup has never done any harm to anyone. Your eyes look lovely too (though it looks like one is blue and the other one is black....), so you could use some eyeliner and mascara to make them more visible.

4. Full-bodied girls tend to have great boobs. So get yourself some good bras and show those guys some cleavage.

5. "who's totally in love with me" Erm, you just don't say that. It either happens or it never will, but as the genious says "you can't hurry love..."

6. "firmly divorce, never married or widowed" Now that is spooky. Why widowed? You don't have to say it like that, if a widowed person is ready for a new relationship and likes you, he will contact you anyway.

7. "his own transportation" Erm, why on earth does this matter????? Are you looking for a free ride or a guy?

8. "I wish everyone on this service good luck & may you find your true love!!" This is actually very kind, really.

Good luck!

How on earth have I missed this thread today?! (Oh wait, it's because Solo's been down.) I love Mozzy1's posts!

Mozzy1, I'm not sure if you genuinely care what any of us have to say to you. People have tried to give you constructive criticism in the past and you seem to ignore it. Then you come back here and start a new thread about the same thing again.

Online dating can work for you, you just have to stick it out and be selective. Don't fall for someone just because they are there, have some standards and self-confidence. Don't be someone's doormat, etc. My best friend, who certainly has no trouble meeting men, met her boyfriend on Match.com. She was tired of meeting guys at bars, so match.com helped her find someone who was interested in a serious relationship and not just a fling. Good luck!

p.s. I agree with EPbabe, show off your assets if you've got 'em!

I just hope you know that you are more than arm candy for a man. You are a human being, and if you want to be loved, you have to love yourself first.

Mozzy, you didn't revamp anything, it's the same as it was a few weeks ago, if I recall correctly.

People on here have tried to help you and take you seriously, and you keep coming back here with the same attention-seeking posts. It's disengenuous.

I would really love to hear you met someone and a friendship is building. (That's what you're looking for, not falling head over heels in love, right? Start small and grow.)

Good luck...

You're just saying it to console me, but I don't really mind... ;)

Awwwwwww! What happened? :eek:

I'm deadly serious! I've never gone out with anyone younger than me :p

I couldn't tell you what went wrong really, one minute she's keen, the next she's not. Women! :(

I went out with a 38 year old when I was 22, so I'd have no problem with that at all. Quite the opposite :D;)

I did the online dating thing a few years ago and it's not for me. One thing I do have to say is to trust your gut instincts. Nine times out of ten they are right.

I liked the one where all the people at work had gay crushes on each other. What are the odds of this happening? And then the (what I believe to be) vampire party was also great.

They need to bring back MTV Undressed and hire Mozzy 1 to write for it.

Back
Top Bottom