Online sites....serious advice

In all seriousness, I don't see why it should be any different going out with someone you met online to someone you met down the pub/at a party etc. You've got just as much chance of them being a nutcase...

Good point but I would much rather go out with someone I have already met in person. That way I could form at least some kind of opinion of the guy. If he freaked me out I wouldn't go. Body language, expressions etc are an important part of communication and you don't get that online.

Yes - I have done this, and had a good time too!

Just follow a few simple rules. Get to know them online. I always spent at least a week, or longer chatting to them so that I know we get on well.
Always pick a good place where you are comfortable if you decide to meet up. A local pub or resturant or something wherre there are lots of people arround.
Don't ever go home with anyone on a first date!
Be honest and be yourself. How can youexpect anything to work out if you don't do this?!

I have had 3 dates recently - the first one with a psycho lady who I quickly wrote back to the next day and said I didn't thisk it would work!
The seccond woth a lovely girl who was intelligent, beautiful and funny as she seemed to be online. We will see each other again!
Last night I met a Moz fan, who just happens to have tickets to the gig tonight, as I do! Blimey - we will be meeting up again tonight to.
And of course, I have a date on Saturday, which is why I had to sell mt ticket for the Saturday night gig. But we have been friends online for many weeks, and she seems very special, so it was worth it! At least I hope it will be!!!

Any way - go for it but be sensible, there realy are some lovely people out there to be met! But do take it slowly and make sure you get to know people well online before going out on any dates!

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

;)

Good point but I would much rather go out with someone I have already met in person. That way I could form at least some kind of opinion of the guy. If he freaked me out I woudln't go. Body language, expressions etc are an important part of communication and you don't get that online.

I'm usually too hammered when I meet a girl to remember anything about her face, let alone expressions & body language, before the next time we meet up ;) But then I'm going to Hell.

It probably explains why I was single for a year and a half! (well, one of the many reasons :D)

Maybe you weren't single. You just didn't remember the girl you were dating... ;)

Last edited:
Seriously, and I'm not fooling....has anyone here tried an online site to meet someone?

As I've said before, if you're going to use an online dating service, one called "Plenty Offish" ought to be warning enough.

dash2.gif

Truer words have never been spoken.

most of the people i've met from the internet are Not Right in the Head.
HAHHAHAAAHAA

HAHAHAHAAHHAAAA! Yep. Me too. And you know that's not gonna work.

:tears: :angry: :D

However, because I am good soul: Mozzy, a business associate of mine (hehehe, that makes it sound like I'm in the Mob, lol) met a wonderful guy on either Match.com or eharmony.com, I forget which it was. They've been married for about five years now and are very happy.

!

I'm usually too hammered when I meet a girl to remember anything about her face, let alone expressions & body language, before the next time we meet up ;) But then I'm going to Hell.

Such honesty is refreshing in his day and age. :D

In all seriousness, I don't see why it should be any different going out with someone you met online to someone you met down the pub/at a party etc. You've got just as much chance of them being a nutcase...

thats absolutely true.

you know, as tough as it can occasionally be to be married, its 10000 times worth it not to have to risk my life in the dating pool anymore!

thats absolutely true.

you know, as tough as it can occasionally be to be married, its 10000 times worth it not to have to risk my life in the dating pool anymore!

I think the next generation will find it weird when people date people they've NOT spoken to online first!

do you show them your pussy on the first date?

geeeez HIM!:tears:

oh never mind, i get it! HAHAHAH!
I think the next generation will find it weird when people date people they've NOT spoken to online first!

you're probably right. i think its kind of a good idea. for the right amount of money you can even get background checks on them before you even shake hands! :) plus no awkward silence. sweet!

this should go into the confessions thread but I"ll say it here: I dated a guy i met on the phone once. we both worked for disney and he called to make a reservation and we had a very long, non-money making for the company talk and we ended up being 'together' even though he had to go back to WI after his time was up in the disney college program. it only lasted 8 months and he hates me for breaking up w/him because i met someone else (who ended up being a douche). but he was sending mixed messages. i said i could go up to WI this one october and he was like, eh no you dont need to do that. so i was like, well fine! I'll date someone in Orlando! :p

The serious reason I posted this was asking for some tips.

Yes, I did have a profile on there but, I lost my password & when I tried the several to log-in, all t hat happened was, it locked me out. So, I e-mailed the administrator. He deleted the account but then, I re-did my account just last night. This time, I put my password away safely. I also re-organized my thoughts on paper first and had my friend from work, Deb, help me write out exactly what I wanted to say.

I'm giving it a couple of months. I'm not asking anyone out though, I just don't approach.

If you have had success on this or any other websites, let me know. If you could think I could improve w/ polite constructive criticism, let me know too.

I'm being thankful & genuine to you in the process. This is not whiney or worried either.

Thanks.

I think I might join you on that site!

Back
Top Bottom