online music documentaries

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
Stiv was cool and so were the dead boy. Never cared much for the whole sid persona and Nancy is of course terrible and annoying
Dead Boys were great. I always loved Johnny Rotten best but I'm a fan of Sid's. Those recordings he did with the Heartbreakers are legitimate. And all the things that they said about him, "He couldn't play bass," well, that's at least half the point. Nancy is terrible but without her we might not have Courtney Love and then what?
They're all better than Taylor Swift or Kansas depending on which era you might want to compare. I don't think Sid ever really had a chance with Ann Beverly as his mother, and I think his suicidal lifestyle was nothing to emulate, obviously, but he sort of fulfilled his destiny and makes people like Kurt Cobain look like pretenders. I guess it's better to live longer like Johnny Thunders did, but Sid wins when it comes to personifying a certain rock and roll archetype. Punk Rock died when he died and everything since is influenced by him, and is just costume drama, and even if that's what The Sex Pistols were to a large extent they did it best. One of the greatest albums ever then they were gone. Reunions don't count. I don't care if Sid didn't play on NMTB, or if Glen Matlock helped write the songs, the lineup that toured originally were the official Sex Pistols in my opinion.

"Chinese Rocks (Second Set 30 Sept 78 [Live]) (feat. Jerry Nolan, Steve Dior & Arthur Kane)" by Sid Vicious

I consider Joy Division/New Order to be the second best band in the history of popular music, but what a bunch of f***ed up mavericks all around them.
Rob Gretton, Martin Hannett, Tony Wilson, Alan Erasmus, dear me...

I caught this on Showtime about a month back. Was never a huge The Jam fan but I am now.

I'm not a big fan of Culture Club but this Boy George documentary is fun and informative. Like Morrissey I think his public persona probably overshadowed his music as a cultural force.

246a250cec03bce4afdf189eac1e3baa.jpg

is this a recent thing? now that helmut kohl is dead, we need to revisit the 80s and retrieve and reframe crushed experience

Yes, sorry Lanterns, it's from 2015 and I meant to say it's not online as such (as in youtube or something like it).
Posted here because it's a music documentary, I highly recommend it if you get a chance to see it one day.

Lady Gaga, 5 foot 2 on Netflix. I thought, maybe watching it would change my mind about her. Well, it didn't. I cannot believe why and how this person became famous. She irritated the crap out of me with the pompous persona, demands, insecurities and over the top ego interlaced with the whining and crying spells throughout the film. She even shows her tits, as if that could somehow make up for the loss of my time.

Lady Gaga, 5 foot 2 on Netflix. I thought, maybe watching it would change my mind about her. Well, it didn't. I cannot believe why and how this person became famous. She irritated the crap out of me with the pompous persona, demands, insecurities and over the top ego interlaced with the whining and crying spells throughout the film. She even shows her tits, as if that could somehow make up for the loss of my time.
maybe next time have some self respect and watch the nomi song instead!

Back
Top Bottom