Morrissey Central "Online Art." (May 12, 2022)

0-10_xdn38t.jpg
0_vlqqsq.jpg

Uncredited mock-up by Ironbridge.
FWD.

It's possible he is doing a self-release. I suggest that as a possibility because if there was a label signing I think that would have been reported.
Agreed - I think he would announce a new label in addition to a single. This may very well be a digital-only release. Maybe he's finally testing the waters on DIY releases?

Last edited:
99.3% of online art is guff. Including the Burt image above. I equate that dross to people sitting at their computers screaming, 'MORRISSEY! LOOK OVER HERE! LOOK WHAT I'VE MADE FOR YOUUU!!!'. And of course team Moz obliges. Because the crap promotes Moz who then uses it to promote himself on his blog.

@ anybody Find a pic of someone called Veronica (Veronica Blume will do), slap her on (the patio) a fake cover with 'Morrissey'on the cover, and we'll promote it here and see if team moz takes the bait! Which they will!
As bitchy as the comment is , you are 100% correct
It's dumb, it's a personality type that does this= full on beta
There are people all over the world like this, mostly it seems like an American thing.

To some over here, Morrissey is a god. You know, grown adults go on about touching his arm at a gig.
Feel proud that they like to choose to like only what he likes (usually missing the point)
For instance, the reason most of us brits like Kitchen sink, pre Morrissey fandom, is cause its our lives being shown
Americans pretending to be into it, is mostly for fetish wanna be "cool" reasons.
A different thing.
To me it made being friends with any Morrissey fan over there impossible.
Some stalk him and think they are closer to him due to having signed product. Some think because they are given a copy of an lp pre-release it means they are closer to him again etc
Often, artists (and i have known more than a few) do not respect these fans at all, they see them as quarry to plunder for cash or to use to spread their own message

It's really being sad to watch
There a few M/ Smiths Djs "fans" who are even worse than this, they pretend to like M more than they do to puncher the M fanbase for some clout and cash , for likes To me it lacks soul utterly

That said I like this cover, as I love Burt

The only thing I am afraid of is that the Bonfire cover does look like it was presented a year ago. It is dreadful . Anyway, Morrissey hasn't had run of luck with album covers lately ( CS and DOG )

Last edited:
El 99,3% del arte en línea es una tontería. Incluyendo la imagen de Burt arriba. Comparo esa escoria con la gente sentada frente a sus computadoras gritando: '¡MORRISSEY! ¡MIRA AQUÍ! MIRA LO QUE HE HECHO PARA TIUU!!!'. Y, por supuesto, el equipo Moz está de acuerdo. Porque la basura promociona a Moz, quien luego la usa para promocionarse a sí mismo en su blog.

@ cualquiera Encuentre una foto de alguien llamada Veronica (Veronica Blume servirá), colóquela (en el patio) con una portada falsa con 'Morrissey' en la portada, y la promocionaremos aquí y veremos si el equipo moz muerde el anzuelo. ¡Que lo harán!
Callate tonto

Some of them are ok. Others not so much. You have to understand that they weren't original. Reid Miles had done that style with John Coltrane's Blue Train:

Train.jpg
So, you think this sleeve - a moody image of Coltrane tinted blue (an obvious reference to the album title - I'm surprised John Boy isn't wearing a train drivers cap to really drive the point home) is in the same 'style' as, say, the Hand In Glove or Meat Is Murder sleeve? There's more to art than whether you use a duotone image or not.

So, you think this sleeve - a moody image of Coltrane tinted blue (an obvious reference to the album title - I'm surprised John Boy isn't wearing a train drivers cap to really drive the point home) is in the same 'style' as, say, the Hand In Glove or Meat Is Murder sleeve? There's more to art than whether you use a duotone image or not.

Another Reid Miles cover:

6f986170cfc4486dd8e6f09d22acbb99.jpg

Hand in Glove cover:

Ni01NDk4LmpwZWc.jpeg

He said it was his new single the other night in a concert
He said in 92 at Sheffield (or a Manc) that NF was the next single. He later repeated it with “might” on the Beethoven album. Needless to say, it wasn’t released.

The only thing I am afraid of is that the Bonfire cover does not look like it was presented a year ago. It is dreadful . Anyway, Morrissey hasn't had run of luck with album covers lately ( CS and DOG )
Sorry, not sure I understand. You hope the BOT cover does not change but you also think it's dreadful?

Sorry, not sure I understand. You hope the BOT cover does not change but you also think it's dreadful?
My mistake, I hope the Bonfire cover art will be different than the one shown on the MC one year ago.

My mistake, I hope the Bonfire cover art will be different than the one shown on the MC one year ago.
Understood. Agreed, it's been a while since I felt any inspiration from a solo cover. IMO, maybe WPINOYB is the last one to show any effort in that regard?

If Coltrane was in the buff, you might have a point. No idea why you've posted this as a reply. It adds nothing to your argument.

That isn't Coltrane. That, is Sonny Rollins.

Look at the composition of the Rollins cover. Look at the pose. Now look at the composition of The Smiths cover.

That isn't Coltrane. That, is Sonny Rollins.

Look at the composition of the Rollins cover. Look at the pose. Now look at the composition of The Smiths cover.
Ah, now I see. Morrissey said to the man in the buff, 'that's great, cute pose, cheeks are looking peachy, but can you give it a bit more Sonny Rollins'.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom