Morrissey Central "Online Art." (May 12, 2022)

0-10_xdn38t.jpg
0_vlqqsq.jpg

Uncredited mock-up by Ironbridge.
FWD.

Burt was a real handful . . .

He'd have done really well round the back of Shude Hill
1652355284062.png

We still don't know which - if any - record company has signed him. Just that this song is coming out as a single. Could be self-released for all we know at this point.

99.3% of online art is guff. Including the Burt image above. I equate that dross to people sitting at their computers screaming, 'MORRISSEY! LOOK OVER HERE! LOOK WHAT I'VE MADE FOR YOUUU!!!'. And of course team Moz obliges. Because the crap promotes Moz who then uses it to promote himself on his blog.

@ anybody Find a pic of someone called Veronica (Veronica Blume will do), slap her on (the patio) a fake cover with 'Morrissey'on the cover, and we'll promote it here and see if team moz takes the bait! Which they will!

99.3% of online art is guff. Including the Burt image above. I equate that dross to people sitting at their computers screaming, 'MORRISSEY! LOOK OVER HERE! LOOK WHAT I'VE MADE FOR YOUUU!!!'. And of course team Moz obliges. Because the crap promotes Moz who then uses it to promote himself on his blog.

@ anybody Find a pic of someone called Veronica (Veronica Blume will do), slap her on (the patio) a fake cover with 'Morrissey'on the cover, and we'll promote it here and see if team moz takes the bait! Which they will!
I, on the other hand, think there is much merit to this work. It’s far better than most Morrissey covers from recent years, and hope they would seriously consider using it for the single, with, of course, the author’s permission and payment for it.

I, on the other hand, think there is much merit to this work. It’s far better than most Morrissey covers from recent years, and hope they would seriously consider using it for the single, with, of course, the author’s permission and payment for it.

You really should set the bar higher than a pic of a celeb on a colour gradient background. Don't you see? There's zero creativity there?

Right-click / copy image / paste image on background. That's it! Not exactly Reid Miles, is it?

Central posted this on Instagram with the caption ‘NEW SINGLE’. I know Moz & co are a fickle bunch, but is it safe to think they are ACTUALLY about to release new music?

Central posted this on Instagram with the caption ‘NEW SINGLE’. I know Moz & co are a fickle bunch, but is it safe to think they are ACTUALLY about to release new music?
It does seem that way, but I've got the stage now where I can't quite believe it until there's some kind of proper announcement with actual info about the single...

No. Anything in Camp Morrissey could be real, imagined, a misunderstanding or a joke.

You really should set the bar higher than a pic of a celeb on a colour gradient background. Don't you see? There's zero creativity there?

Right-click / copy image / paste image on background. That's it! Not exactly Reid Miles, is it?
Given that the Smiths coverwork, which is generally lauded, primarily used old photographs/images with added text, I guess you don’t like that either?

He said it was his new single the other night in a concert

It does seem that way, but I've got the stage now where I can't quite believe it until there's some kind of proper announcement with actual info about the single...
Yeah, exactly. But not even that would necessarily mean anything. Remember the re-issues? 😬
No. Anything in Camp Morrissey could be real, imagined, a misunderstanding or a joke.
Exactly.
He said it was his new single the other night in a concert
See above.

Given that the Smiths coverwork, which is generally lauded, primarily used old photographs/images with added text, I guess you don’t like that either?

It’s not like no thought at all went into the above mock sleeve. M should use it, if he can’t come up with something better.

Yes that’s true. But unlike the reissues, I hope he and management understand how important it would be to release a single and eventual album at this moment.
Oh yes. Very important. I just meant the Moz camp is not to be trusted. When it comes to stuff like this, I mean.

Some of them are ok. Others not so much. You have to understand that they weren't original. Reid Miles had done that style with John Coltrane's Blue Train:

Train.jpg

which record company has signed him?
It's possible he is doing a self-release. I suggest that as a possibility because if there was a label signing I think that would have been reported.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom