Morrissey Central "ONE YEAR GONE IS ONE YEAR TOO LONG" (August 4, 2021)

ONE YEAR GONE IS ONE YEAR TOO LONG

unnamed-1_q5lqgp.jpg

Elizabeth

13 November 1937

13 August 2020

Related item:

Seems like a private thing and not something you post on your own website. I find it strange and a bit pathetic.
Absolutely. That is exactly my opinion. The people who have been crying with him for a year have no life of their own. You should have a differentiated image of your idol and keep your distance. In everything. His whole public image has developed to his disadvantage. When people knew less about Morrissey and he was still eloquent in interviews, the problems were less. But now he lets us know EVERYTHING. Oh yes, free speech and all that...

Last edited:
Absolutely. That is exactly my opinion. The people who have been crying with him for a year have no life of their own. You should have a differentiated image of your idol and keep your distance. In everything. His whole public image has developed to his disadvantage. When people knew less about Morrissey and he was still eloquent in interviews, the problems were less. But now he lets us know EVERYTHING. Oh yes, free speech and all that...
Exactly! He became a legend because he was so enigmatic and mysterious. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Oh, what might have been...

:rolleyes:

oi maybe he should carry on about talking killer comets:lbf:
:hammer:

I was startled at the weekend because someone on Twitter proudly presented his latest acquisition. A report of Morrissey from the German magazine "Die Zeit" from January 1995. Great pictures of A.C., no question but the headlines and summaries already here reflect exactly the accusations that have brought him to the brink of artistic ruin in the last 3 years. "Morrissey, a narcissist for the skinheads. He likes to conjure up a sunken, a white England". Yet the article only reflects the press voices from England. Narcissists also like to be collectively wept over. Isn't that so?

I’d have to agree. Starting in 2002 (I feel), Morrissey apparently started to receive the widespread adulation he’d craved—and, fatally, he believed the hype.

‘We’ were soon subjected to some poor material, and a candidness with the media which showed us more of the idiot, and less of the savant.

“If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same”.

Absolutely. That is exactly my opinion. The people who have been crying with him for a year have no life of their own. You should have a differentiated image of your idol

Then your ‘differentiated image’ becomes the image by which you think you see or ‘know’ him ‘correctly’. Another trap, don’t fool yourself.

and keep your distance.

There is always distance when there
is thought in between you the observer and the thing observed.

In everything. His whole public image has developed to his disadvantage.

Or a shift in your own perception of what is believed to be a different image (& maybe so) projected by Morrissey and media.

When people knew less about Morrissey

or is it... the more we think we know, the less we really know (?)

and he was still eloquent in interviews, the problems were less.

Problems for who? Morrissey’s a big boy, he can deal with the choices
he makes.

But now he lets us know EVERYTHING.

Does he ?

Oh yes, free speech and all that...

and here we are.

I’d have to agree. Starting in 2002 (I feel), Morrissey apparently started to receive the widespread adulation he’d craved—and, fatally, he believed the hype.
:unsure:
‘We’ were soon subjected to some poor material, and a candidness with the media which showed us more of the idiot, and less of the savant.

are you talking about Morrissey?

“If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same”.

good quote.

It’s been ‘up and down’ since Ouija Board, Morrissey can handle it.
If the so called ‘rise and fall’ as perceived by his fans is a problem and concern to them, then they really should try focusing their attention on things in their own life, much healthier for them really.

Then your ‘differentiated image’ becomes the image by which you think you see or ‘know’ him ‘correctly’. Another trap, don’t fool yourself.

There is always distance when there
is thought in between you the observer and the thing observed.

Or a shift in your own perception of what is believed to be a different image (& maybe so) projected by Morrissey and media.

or is it... the more we think we know, the less we really know (?)

Problems for who? Morrissey’s a big boy, he can deal with the choices
he makes.

Does he ?

and here we are.

:unsure:

are you talking about Morrissey?

good quote.

It’s been ‘up and down’ since Ouija Board, Morrissey can handle it.
If the so called ‘rise and fall’ as perceived by his fans is a problem and concern to them, then they really should try focusing their attention on things in their own life, much healthier for them really.
Darling, Morrissey booked a 12.000 capacity for Berlin in summer 2019 (before Haslam came on the scene) and there were just under 1.000 people in Cologne in March 2020 (for his only) German gig. Who is to blame for this decline now? The fans and admirers of yesteryear who don't kneel at the red carpet anymore?

Darling, Morrissey booked a 12.000 capacity for Berlin in summer 2019 (before Haslam came on the scene) and there were just under 1.000 people in Cologne in March 2020 (for his only) German gig. Who is to blame for this decline now? The fans and admirers of yesteryear who don't kneel at the red carpet anymore?
Did you really call her ‘darling’? Who do you think you are? And what year do you think it is?

Darling, Morrissey booked a 12.000 capacity for Berlin in summer 2019 (before Haslam came on the scene) and there were just under 1.000 people in Cologne in March 2020 (for his only) German gig. Who is to blame for this decline now?

Darling, why do you see it as a decline? Darling, why do you see it as a problem? Why do you let it concern you so? Why does someone or thing need to be blamed?

The fans and admirers of yesteryear who don't kneel at the red carpet?

They kneel just the same,
they kneel at the dead carpet of yesteryear, cobwebbed wank stains
and swinging the dead gladioli.

:sleeping:

Well, it’s art and culture and people reflect on it as such. I’m not sure to what extent one is able to separate one’s records, concert experiences and art related relationships from one’s ‘own’ life. We constitute a system, and our subjective perspectives are expressions (as much as constituents) of that whole.

And when someone falls into a trap of their ‘own’ making, it can be beneficial (and perhaps necessary) to notice the fatal flaw, and so acknowledge our own susceptibilities too.

As an addition, I might question the point in celebrating Morrissey’s many achievements if the stumbles aren’t recognised too: What would be the point in numbering Motherwell 1995 amongst my greatest gigs ever, if I couldn’t recognise how crap Wembley Stadium was last year?

Did you really call her ‘darling’? Who do you think you are? And what year do you think it is?
Would you please come down a bit? Ketamine Sun can already assess this correctly. I don't even know if the nick is male or female, and really, it should flash old Morrissey charm (fill in "HONEY" as a substitute), nothing more. Goodness gracious!

Would you please come down a bit? Ketamine Sun can already assess this correctly. I don't even know if the nick is male or female, and really, it should flash old Morrissey charm (fill in "HONEY" as a substitute), nothing more. Goodness gracious!
Do you by chance mean ‘calm’ down? If so, I’m calm enough. Just lying on my sofa watching this inane debate take place for the umpteenth time, thinking that calling someone ‘darling’ is a weak way of getting one’s point across or building an argument.

Do you by chance mean ‘calm’ down? If so, I’m calm enough. Just lying on my sofa watching this inane debate take place for the umpteenth time, thinking that calling someone ‘darling’ is a weak way of getting one’s point across or building an argument.
This topic will be discussed until the last fool understands what it is all about and I don't like your tone. You don't have to read it or you can move it to another thread if it has too little to do with Morrissey's mother. You can keep listening to IANADOAC in the meantime. It is a sport, after all.

This topic will be discussed until the last fool understands what it is all about and I don't like your tone. You don't have to read it or you can move it to another thread if it has too little to do with Morrissey's mother. You can keep listening to IANADOAC in the meantime. It is a sport, after all.
Not too enthused about your tone either. I’m not saying I disagree with you (or with Ket) regarding the issue at hand, but I do take offense to anyone claiming they know the ‘truth’ and that everyone of a different opinion is a fool.

@Phranc & Open trying to get Ket to see Morrissey with the slightest bit of objectivity is a losing battle. You're picking a fight with one of the most unwell people on this forum.

Ok, doctor. :rolleyes: You may want to check your temperature first.

‘objectivity’ this coming from a member that stated Bonfire is shit without even hearing the album yet.

Last edited:
Not too enthused about your tone either. I’m not saying I disagree with you (or with Ket) regarding the issue at hand, but I do take offense to anyone claiming they know the ‘truth’ and that everyone of a different opinion is a fool.
As if Ketamine Sun couldn't speak for herself/himself. After everything that has already happened here, she/he accepts me and I accept her/him in her/his unswerving belief in Morrissey. I don't need you to get on my case when I, as a non-mother speaker, use a word that was not meant in a disrespectful way.

Ok, doctor. :rolleyes: You may want to check your temperature first.

‘objectivity’ this coming from a member that stated Bonfire is shit without even hearing the album yet.
This is like the fifth time that you've mentioned a joke I cracked a week ago, which is doing much more for my argument than yours. ;)

This is like the fifth time that you've mentioned a joke I cracked a week ago, which is doing much more for my argument than yours. ;)

Oh I see, trying to dismiss and pass off your hatred of Morrissey as a joke.

Funny, how no one laughed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom