One Year Ago

georgina

and after all this time
I just wanted to share my fangirl story with the communuity.

It was one year ago today that I first heard the voice of Morrissey (and the genius of Johnny Marr). Long story short, I was listening to a cover version of This Night Has Opened My Eyes from a punk band I was into. I liked the song and wanted to hear the original version so I loaded it from Itunes. I think it's pretty lame that they only have Hatful of Hollow as their Smiths collection, but that was all it took to start an instant obsession. My ears, brain and heart wanted to explode. Every spare penny went to buying Smiths and Morrissey albums, books and video. Once I even bought a Smiths album with my gasoline money (all I had at the time) and drove home on vapors listening to it. I still think my priority was in the right place, even if I ran out of gas on the highway, at night, in winter. I wouldn't have regreted my choice.

And for all you long time fans, just imagine what it's like to be hit with all the music, all at once in one shot. What a rush, I've been high on it for one year with no end in sight. Still listening and loving it every single day since. I might become one of of you "long time fans" in 20 years but now I'm still a newby.

I am an official, self initiated fan.

Last edited:
Relate? Yes, very much so!

You remind me of how everytime I impulse or rather just decide to buy something Moz related...I am so kindly reminded by someone of things that are to be more important (what's more important...and I have I regretted anything bought? NO)....glad I am not the only one who buys Moz things instead of gas!! :D Though we do have to be wise in spending....:p

I still remember what that felt like, and sort of envy you having it all yet to experience.
I suppose it's a bit like falling in love.
Enjoy!
:)

I just wanted to share my fangirl story with the communuity.

It was one year ago today that I first heard the voice of Morrissey (and the genius of Johnny Marr). Long story short, I was listening to a cover version of This Night Has Opened My Eyes from a punk band I was into. I liked the song and wanted to hear the original version so I loaded it from Itunes. I think it's pretty lame that they only have Hatful of Hollow as their Smiths collection, but that was all it took to start an instant obsession. My ears, brain and heart wanted to explode. Every spare penny went to buying Smiths and Morrissey albums, books and video. Once I even bought a Smiths album with my gasoline money (all I had at the time) and drove home on vapors listening to it. I still think my priority was in the right place, even if I ran out of gas on the highway, at night, in winter. I wouldn't have regreted my choice.

And for all you long time fans, just imagine what it's like to be hit with all the music, all at once in one shot. What a rush, I've been high on it for one year with no end in sight. Still listening and loving it every single day since. I might become one of of you "long time fans" in 20 years but now I'm still a newby.

I am an official, self initiated fan.

This is so close to my story. It's fab being a new fan and being hit with all of Moz and The Smiths music at once. I am a relative newby and i love it, too.

Great story and I know exactly what you mean. The excitment you feel when you learn how much Smiths and Moz music there is to obtain is intoxicating at times.

I really hope you have the chance to see him this tour. Because just thinking about it gives me chills and I've already seen him live a few times. For you I'm sure it would be even more intense.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom