One (hopefully) last travel question (Manchester specific)

D

dcn

I am still looking into places to stay and one of the packages I'm considering makes use of the Britannia Hotel on Portland St. Looks to be a nice enough place and is roughly a mile from the MEN. Any reason i shouldn't stay there? Any other thoughts about the hotel, it's location, proximity to other places of interest? Thank you again for any and all help. Very much appreciated and hopefully I won't bother you with any further questions ;-)

No need to apologize bra...how much are the room rates there??? I have everything but the motel booked.....I know so late...I technically am supposed to be staying with a friend when I go...and have a back up in case that falls through,,,,I have seen a few rooms highly priced.

I'd tell ya if I could. But I'm doing one of those package deals and the pricing isn't itemized. The airfare and hotel/taxes are all combined. Below is a link to the joint. Probably not the cheapest place but it is supposedly a 3 star and convenience of location was important to me. Hope this was of some help.

http://www.britanniahotels.com/hotel_home.asp?Page=108

Britannia Hotel

No reason at all why you shouldn't stay there - apart from it is an expensive hotel, but if that isn't a problem go for it.
It is less than a mile from the MEN and right in the centre of town on Piccadilly Gardens. If you are lazy you can get a tram right outside the hotel straight to the MEN Arena which is situated at Victoria Station.
There are a few cheaper hotels on Portland St such as travel inn and Ibis, but whether they are full or not I dont know.
Feel free to ask further questions!
The Goat

Re: Britannia Hotel

Thanks. Since I'm quite indecisive, I'll more likely than not have further questions. It was a bit of wishful thinking on my part when I was hoping that would be the last. Thanks again.

Actually, here are further questions...

I'm finding it difficult to get direct flights into Manchester without paying a bit more for it. If I flew into Gatwick or Heathrow (which I can find fairly inexpensive direct flights), how easy, expensive and time consuming would it be to take the train north?

I'm thinking it may be more pleasurable to spend the time on the train as opposed to sitting on a connected flight above the land. seems like it will be roughly the same amount of travel time.

There Might Not Be a Bed for you in the local hospital either pimple. HA HA HA HA.

Imagine (yes, good word pimple) going to the bother of booking flights and not having hotel accommodation.

rearrange these letters...T A W T

and what have you got?

Re: There Might Not Be a Bed for you in the local hospital either pimple. HA HA HA HA.

Actually...I do have a room.........your mum has my room number and will be "pickelgargling" me pretty much the entire trip. Hey,if i can save a few bucks,I will. Thats the difference between you and I sport,I like to find ways to save money,bang more hoes,PIMP more moms,etc. Nothing wrong with your advice...just dont be too sure of it. I can assure you of something though: you'll be joining gimp in his new found odyssey of being able to drink all his food through straws.

Like i said,you brits cant do anything right.W*hy do you think morrissey moved out of your country and into the states??? he was tired of being associated with a bunch of f*** ups. But be proud,you f*** up with pride!!!!!!!

Re: Sick f**k

Thanks..........I appreciate the compliments.......another satisfied customer(your moms used to saying that alot-at least she is when she works for me).

Travel choices

Have a look on here, my friend:
www.thetrainline.com
It will tell you how frequent the times are from London to Manchester (and anywhere else in the UK) and will give you an estimate on the cost. However, most cheap train tickets are advance-purchase only, so if you're going to get your train ticket on the day you wish to travel, I think it could cost you in the region of £50.
The coach would be cheaper, but it would be a much longer journey.
www.nationalexpress.co.uk

I posted some links of Manchester hotel websites a while ago, but I still have the booklet. If anyone wants me to post them again, I will do, or you can e-mail me and I'll forward them on.

> Thanks. Since I'm quite indecisive, I'll more likely than not have further
> questions. It was a bit of wishful thinking on my part when I was hoping
> that would be the last. Thanks again.

> Actually, here are further questions...

> I'm finding it difficult to get direct flights into Manchester without
> paying a bit more for it. If I flew into Gatwick or Heathrow (which I can
> find fairly inexpensive direct flights), how easy, expensive and time
> consuming would it be to take the train north?

> I'm thinking it may be more pleasurable to spend the time on the train as
> opposed to sitting on a connected flight above the land. seems like it
> will be roughly the same amount of travel time.

Re: Travel choices

Dcn, get the flights direct/try these following airports: -

Liverpool
Leeds Bradford
Midland (birmingham)

They probably dont take flights from the US unless your flying over in a hot air balloon, but its worth a go. The costs to get to manc would be smaller and might reduce your air fares. But if they dont, get it direct, as it only really works out cheaper for people flying from europe to go to london and then train it up to Manchester.

MBB321

> Dcn, get the flights direct/try these following airports: -

> Midland (birmingham)

The Midlands is a big place you know, Deano and it has more than one airport. There's Birmingham International Airport and East Midlands Airport.
Although, those East Midlanders are a bit backwards...

> The Midlands is a big place you know, Deano and it has more than one
> airport. There's Birmingham International Airport and East Midlands
> Airport.
> Although, those East Midlanders are a bit backwards...

What do you mean backwards - Englebert Humperdink, Paper Lace, men running around a forest in tights, oh and Maggie Thatcher was from the East Midlands. We're a cut above don't you know haha

Oh I highly recommend that Britannia Hotel

Try this web site. I've found some pretty good deals in the past.

http://www.travel-manchester-hotels.com/1/britannia-hotel.htm

Good luck!
PS- if you stay at the Britannia ask for a room on the 6th floor with a window facing Oxford Road. It's a great view.

No need to be ruded dear!!!

You love the East Midlands, you know you do!!

> The Midlands is a big place you know, Deano and it has more than one
> airport. There's Birmingham International Airport and East Midlands
> Airport.
> Although, those East Midlanders are a bit backwards...

Thank you for the link. I'll be sure to keep the room request in mind, too! These are just the kind of tips I'm looking for... thanks again.

Thanks for the info. It seems difficult to get direct flights which I might add I'm somewhat surprised about. I'll be sure to check out what you've mentioned. Thanks again for taking the time to try and help.

In room 927 (9th floor) the Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse (complete with horses) make a morning appearance at the bottom of the bed.
Although it might depend on how much you've been drinking.