once again, a song I wrote in moz and joy division style (at least I tried)

libertine99

once again, I tried to write a song, my "premisse" was, to make it sound like a bona-drag morrissey song, also a few bits stolen, as usual.... I also mixed a little bit of joy division style in. not finishes yet (keyboard, lyrics, guitar overdubs missing) what do you think? terrible?

UPDATE: finished version incl vocals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrk8umgKewE

thanks, int

Last edited:
I like it too! :thumb::)

I'm pretty sure there's more than just a little Joy Division in that baseline, i like it

Last edited:
oh, interesting choice! since, at least not intentionally, I didnt really think of those
I remember, haveing "Id love to", and Happy Lovers as basic pattern (and a few others in some single vocal-lines)
like your choices though, "I know very well..." fits really good

oh, interesting choice! since, at least not intentionally, I didnt really think of those
I remember, haveing "Id love to", and Happy Lovers as basic pattern (and a few others in some single vocal-lines)
like your choices though, "I know very well..." fits really good

I meant specifically the "string" when i said "There is a light..."
It also has touches of "My love life"

I think your voice sounds best when you reach at 2:50 - i feel like that is when we get to hear your real/true voice for the first time

i wrote some words and sung a vocal for the demo track that was originally posted on this thread but libertine99 (in his wisdom) didn't use them.

I would like to put my version together and maybe post it here - what do you say libertine99 - is that okay?

Last edited:
of course, mate, its all yours
(if i wouldnt be technically under-priviliged, I would have done that myself with your vocal-line, that I thouhgt was brilliant)

wasnt in town for a while (actually I was in your lovely hometown, smiler) -
if you need the clean mp3 once again, drop me a mail,
cheers

Last edited:
Really like your stuff, like it a hell of a lot! Sarah Records-esque, loving the jangle of that guitar! :guitar:

If only I could make music like that...all I have is words words words.

Really like your stuff, like it a hell of a lot! Sarah Records-esque, loving the jangle of that guitar! :guitar:

If only I could make music like that...all I have is words words words.

ask Flo nicely for the guitar track
- I'd like to hear you sing your words...
sing over the track and post it here

its the all new eurovision experience

I finally got round to putting a vocal on libertines99's giutar track - Its not really meant to be a contest - sorry it took so long Flo hope you don't mind.
Oh and the video isn't as gruesome as the title suggests

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom