On Vacation

Sparks fan said:
But of course you must all have realised I was on holiday due to my lack of posting recently?....Especially with my post count.... And my natural charisma of course!
LOL! well, i hope you come back strong now, since those holidays really set you back on your contributions in here. don't worry, it is easy to make up for it; just look at mjp's technique if you need any pointers!

mjp said:
Well, if it's any consolation, I will be away in less than two weeks for two weeks.

Erm...:rolleyes: ...that probably hasn't helped has it?

Sorry to the bearer of good news, but just to prepare you for the exciting event of a board sans-me - it's gonna happen someday very soon - 3 days and counting.:)

mjp said:
Sorry to the bearer of good news, but just to prepare you for the exciting event of a board sans-me - it's gonna happen someday very soon - 3 days and counting.:)

but mjp are you saying you won't have internet access where you will be or that you won't have any time to spend with us because you will be too preoccupied like basking on a nude beach all day or something ??

surely we are more fun than a nude beach? absolutely!

^^ I think it's time you all learned to cope without me to be honest.

I'll still be watching - I just may have my hands too full on those beaches to be able to type anything!

^^ re: coping without you - so if you came back and we ignored you since we had learned to live without you, you would be pleased for that? i shudder to think what that would do to your psyche!

and also, hands like variety, i am positive you know. so i am sure there will be times while you are away when they long for the feel of the keyboard rather than that same tiresome fullness feeling ;)

no one in particular said:
^^ re: coping without you - so if you came back and we ignored you since we had learned to live without you, you would be pleased for that? i shudder to think what that would do to your psyche!

It would be, with the ODD exception (sorry Andy :D ), no different to now, you know a long time ago I said, often, my life is an endless succession, of people ignoring my posts. So "What Difference Would It Make?".

^^
and also, hands like variety, i am positive you know. so i am sure there will be times while you are away when they long for the feel of the keyboard rather than that same tiresome fullness feeling ;)

But I ain't taking my writers with me - only my reader.

With mjp who will be gone for a few weeks, does this give us carte-blanche?

No, who am I kidding, the boards are extremely slow, and without the conversations/flirtations between mjp & no one in particular, we're doomed

wolve said:
No, who am I kidding, the boards are extremely slow, and without the conversations/flirtations between mjp & no one in particular, we're doomed
wolve, i actually feel very flattered to receive that super compliment from you!! you know i do try.... and not JUST for mjp's sake, even though that is what he may like to believe....:D ;)

mjp said:
It would be, with the ODD exception (sorry Andy :D ), no different to now, you know a long time ago I said, often, my life is an endless succession, of people ignoring my posts. So "What Difference Would It Make?".
MJP, I am soooo sorry to bring this to your attention, but that there statement directly contradicts your earlier statement here:

mjp said:
^^ I think it's time you all learned to cope without me to be honest.
(From: http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=351919&postcount=84 )

Seems you are a bit conflicted and can't determine if you are dismissed or adored on this board!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
Seems you are a bit conflicted and can't determine if you are dismissed or adored on this board!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Correct - that is exactly what I am, err, I think:confused:

Perhaps you could all just form a queue in the alley by the railway station to help me get to the bottom of the dilemma (or should that be the dilemma of the bottom?)

And to Wolve: you'll cope, I don't know how, but you will.

hell yeah, we'll cope, we still got Pervo running around here ;)

aah well, as long as you'll come back! and I'll hope you enjoy it (and try not to think of us, well, try not to think of anything at all! )

mjp said:
Correct - that is exactly what I am, err, I think:confused:

Perhaps you could all just form a queue in the alley by the railway station to help me get to the bottom of the dilemma (or should that be the dilemma of the bottom?)

!!LMAO!! well, at least you never falter with your humor! (well, only the rare occasion...) :p

mjp said:

so, i wonder what kind of a dent will be made in mjp's post count lead while he is away... i guess this is Cod's (only) chance!!!

I've got the feeling that when he goes,he really goes(and never comes back, just like math t)

^^ PervO, just wondering why would you think that about him?!! or were you just kidding around? or just trying to upset me??!!

I disagree for these reasons:
1. He has been on the main board a helluva lot longer than math t was. Like many years difference --from another thread, mjp mentioned he is msmozzer on the main board, which is user #695. Meanwhile, math tinder was user #13094 over there - that does translate to many years apart in when they joined this place!

2. He is a mod and takes (at least some) pride in that responsibility - like look at his username descriptor now (!) that mentions Mod (and many of his taglines along the way have done the same)

3. Finally, he obviously has a good time in here. (and that is not to say that math didn't have fun here, but it could be relative??) I mean who else is he going to tell about the wild drinking escapades and embarrassing sex tales? In fact, my guess is that he will be burning up the board with many such stories when he returns! :D

Anyway, has anyone spoken to math to know why she hasn't come back?

Anyway, has anyone spoken to math to know why she hasn't come back?

she was without a computer for a month, but now she is not here because she is out enjoying the summer (i take it to mean as having a life?)...she plans to be back eventually.

Personally, i'm quickly losing interest in the forum as you can tell by my infrequent posting. I'm going on vacation friday for a few weeks. hopefully when i get back there will be some excitement.

I`m away again this Friday until the Monday for the bank holiday weekend.

Roughing it this time camping in Charmouth Dorset although the site has a swimming pool and bar with entertainment etc so not exactly living on the land out in the wild.

I just need to workout now how I`m going to get everything in the car with no roof box and no trailer.

Puddle said:
Personally, i'm quickly losing interest in the forum as you can tell by my infrequent posting. I'm going on vacation friday for a few weeks. hopefully when i get back there will be some excitement.

But Puddle, it takes everyone's contributions to keep things vibrant and to share dialogue in here. So, by your absence of posting (and others that might be doing the same thing for the same reason), you really just compound the problems of any listlessness that is occurring on the "bored".

I hope (and encourage that) you will revamp your POV and go back to adding your normal fare of fresh material, thoughts, even politics!, whenever you can, because I for one really like reading your posts, and they almost always stimulate discussion and conversation. That is what you need to keep the forum going at a healthy pace!

You obviously had the interest to change your avatar recently (and I am still wondering what its significance is as it relates to you??!!, if anything), and you did mention in the past how addictive this place is for you, so I imagine you won't be leaving us...I just hope you return from your time away with a posting vengeance!

no one

But Puddle, it takes everyone's contributions to keep things vibrant and to share dialogue in here. So, by your absence of posting (and others that might be doing the same thing for the same reason), you really just compound the problems of any listlessness that is occurring on the "bored".

no one

Hi everyone.

Remember me?

Huh, how could you forget....

:)

who the hell is this Andy Fozzy?
---

No One In Particular...

I am just your common attention seeker, seeking the kind of attention which you have just showered me, which has left me extremely grateful and satisfied. But at last, my mind is void of ideas and Morrissey himself has given us nothing exciting to ponder and build upon--be it in a solo or solow way. Furthermore, the politcal ranting of mine and others have come to a halt, and, for example, there appears to be a truce between myself and the poster known as Theo. Come fall I expect things to pick up once more. If i do think of something to contribue, I shall promptly come to the board and, um, contribute. My new avatar means nothing. Just a sad attempt at putting up something different, from which--these attempts--there is no escape. Ultimately we are all the same and nothing more than a reaction to, or subservient to, outside forces and influences--nothing authentic, or of aura, exists in this postmodern world (but that is a discussion on its own). So as you see I am of no help--being a simple agitator is the best I can achieve under the conditions we face. But is that contributing? Is it possible to really contribute?

Onca again, thank you for making me blush.

Your Humble Servant...puddle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom