"On The Smiths and Unrequited Hatred" by Lex Voight - LA Music Blog

Rambling article - but the 'Kermit as Moz' picture is funny.

Rambling article - but the 'Kermit as Moz' picture is funny.

OK, had a laugh, but it lasted for 0000,1 seconds.
Pompous and not very well argumented article indeed.
He needs too many other people's opinions on why HE hates Moz.
First there is the disdain for people who use the word hate or love too loosely and than he forgets his disdain and explains his so-called hate but I did not read one personal reason that makes you understand his " hate ". His disdain is only reserved for other people. :popcorn:

Its funny how he never explains why exactly he hates The Smiths? In fact, he admites the band is great. And to prove the contradiction, he says his views and Morrissey's views are basically the same.
He doesn't hate Moz. He just wanted to write about him and since hating Morrissey is the "coolest" thing you can do nowadays, he wanted to join the hate club.

i liked the beginning about cultivating tastes, etc. his insistance on his "hatred" is cute, because sooner or later, he already knows that, he will crumble away, right? so i read it as an essay by someone who is on the verge of surrender still suffering from sibling jealousy. now, is this self-deprecating humor, fully aware of its state of mind, or unconscious rambling? maybe both.

Yes, maybe both but the self-deprecating humor is NOT funny.
The line " Why do you stick me in self-deprecating bones and skin, Jesus, do you hate me? " from " I Have Forgiven Jesus " is funny.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom