omg Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant!

Re: This child is engaged and pregnant

There were 4 pregnant girls in my high school class within 2 years. One of them actually decided to have a second child the year after she had her first, which was in our sophomore year.

gallery_main-0401_jamie_lynn_preg_05.jpg

this poor kid. she barely got that drivers license and now shes gonna be a mom! i blame her stagemother.

Im not slamming teen pregnancies. it happens. I'm slamming teen millionaires that are pregnant for making less than awesome decisions. most unawesome decision is the engagement!

Sorry, but I blame her. If she wanted to get pregnant and she did, it's none of my business, but if we're saying that this is a bad thing, and something that just happened to her, then she is responsible, along with the father, of course.

No, saying that someone that willingly has sex and gets pregnant is some kind of victim creates an atmosphere that encourages a lack of responsibility.

However...

Isn't it a bit paternalistic to blame her at all? It's her life, you don't go around blaming people for how they choose to live it...

I mean, I do, but I don't believe in that 'freedom' you Americans are bragging about :guitar::D

With freedom comes responsibility. I don't have time to keep up with this one, because I'm busy with Britney, and I'm not one of the people saying that she's setting a bad example or anything. That's all her personal business. I just don't see her as a victim. It's not being judgmental. It's just that she must have as much access to information as almost anyone her age. Unless she is the victim of a defective birth control device, then she's not really a victim.

I saw a lot of people here when we talked about this last time that disagree.

Some men also say that women "trap" them through unprotected sex and intentionally getting pregnant. How do you feel about that? Is the man a victim? If not then the woman can't be a victim either.

Now, the one thing that might make her somewhat of a victim is not her pregnancy, but her age.

So maybe I was being stupid and missing the point in the first place. It says "This child" in the heading. There was also a rumor that the father is not her 18 year old boyfriend, but a much older man that works at Nickelodeon.

When I went looking for info on that I found this story instead.
Dozens of children removed from polygamist ranch

ELDORADO, Texas (CNN) -- Authorities say they removed 52 children, ages 6 months to 17 years, from a West Texas ranch occupied by followers of imprisoned polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs.

Eighteen girls have been placed in the temporary custody of the state under a court order, said Child Protective Services spokeswoman Marleigh Meisner.

Authorities said they continue to search the 1,900-acre YFZ ranch, and at least one suspect is being sought by police.

Meisner said troopers and child welfare officials arrived at the secluded ranch Thursday evening with arrest and search warrants. They were responding to a report of "physical abuse" and neglect involving a 16-year-old girl. Video Watch an Eldorado neighbor talk about the raid »

Another Child Protective Services spokesman, Darrell Azar, said the 18 girls were placed in state custody because it appeared they "had been abused or were at immediate risk of future abuse."

Law enforcement and child welfare officials were at the ranch all night Thursday and throughout Friday. Meisner said the search was expected to continue into the night.

No arrests had been made by early Friday evening, a Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman said in a recorded message.
Don't Miss

* KWES: Sheriff: Investigators take girls away

According to the search warrant, authorities are seeking Dale Barlow, 50, who they suspect of having married and fathered a child with a 16-year-old girl.

Law enforcement agencies raided the ranch Thursday night after receiving a Monday report that a 16-year-old girl had been "sexually and physically abused," said Azar.

The warrant cited an "immediate need" for authorities to have access to the 16-year-old and an 8-month-old child with either the last name of Barlow or the girl's last name. It instructs law enforcement officers to look for any records showing Barlow and the girl were married and any evidence of them having a child.

The children were taken in two borrowed church buses from the ranch to a civic center near Eldorado.

The people living at the ranch are cooperating, authorities said.

Jeffs, the 52-year-old leader and "prophet" of the 10,000-member church, was convicted in Utah last year and sentenced to 10 years on two counts of being an accomplice to rape, charges related to a marriage he performed in 2001. He faces trial in Arizona on eight charges of sexual conduct with a minor, incest and conspiracy.

Jeffs' Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints bought the land near Eldorado four years ago and built the ranch, which they call the YFZ Ranch. The letters are said to refer to the words Yearning for Zion.

It is home to as many as 400 members who relocated from their Arizona and Utah compounds.

State and local law enforcement agencies set up roadblocks around the ranch Thursday evening, preventing journalists from seeing what was happening on the property, according to Randy Mankin, editor of the Eldorado Success weekly newspaper.

"This came totally out of the blue," Mankin said.

There were no indications of violence around the ranch, he said.

When CNN crews have visited the ranch, it was guarded by armed men equipped with night vision gear and other high-tech surveillance tools to prevent intruders.

When CNN flew over the ranch in a small plane last year, the crew saw a massive temple, the three-story housing units where Jeffs' chosen followers live, the water tower, the school and community center, the dairy and cheese factory and a massive concrete mill.
advertisement

The church openly practices polygamy in two towns straddling the Arizona-Utah state line -- Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Arizona -- but members living on their Texas ranch rarely venture into Eldorado, four miles to the south.

Critics of the sect say that it arranges marriages for girls as young as 13 and that competition for brides may be reduced through exiling young men. If male followers are excommunicated, the critics claim, their wives and children can be reassigned to someone else.

new Jamie Lynn thread combined with some old thread?

leads to protest thread. oh em gee, this place is out of control.

Critics of the sect say that it arranges marriages for girls as young as 13 and that competition for brides may be reduced through exiling young men. If male followers are excommunicated, the critics claim, their wives and children can be reassigned to someone else.
As long as it makes them happy... :rolleyes:

Re: new Jamie Lynn thread combined with some old thread?

leads to protest thread. oh em gee, this place is out of control.

This is bullshit! Why did this thread get combined with that stupid old thread? Mine wasn't even about the 'news' of it. just how young she looks.

i see your point about all the blaming her instead of her parents but seriously... her mom's got a lot of influence on her, very controlling, i wouldnt be surprised if she got preggo for a wack reason like how she controls that situation, not her mother. i still put a lot of blame on mama spears.

I want my thread SEPARATED from this crap thread from December!!!!

Back
Top Bottom