Omega Auctions: Geoff Travis items now listed - many amazing rarities up for grabs

Well, the grapevine was right.
Omega have some wonderful stuff from the Travis archive. (search Geoff Travis, 60 items)

Here's some goodies (more posted in the Geoff Travis Rough Trade archive media album):

74015_8.jpg

THE SMITHS 1986 TOUR POSTER CELLULOID. An original celluloid used in the creation of the poster for The Smiths dates at Glasgow, Newcastle and Salford in July 1986. Measures 16 x 21.5". Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74013_8.jpg

THE SMITHS BARCELONA POSTER. An original poster for The Smiths at Studio 54, Barcelona. Measures 16 x 24". NM condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74010_8.jpg

THE SMITHS HAND DRAWN WHAT DIFFERENCE POSTER. An original proof / mock up hand drawn poster design, likely created by the Rough Trade art dept to mock up the 'What Difference Does It Make' poster. Design is on the reverse of an original 'This Charming Man' poster (23 x 12") with a message in pen 'Return to Richard Boon' -the promotions manager at Rough Trade. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74017_8.jpg

THE SMITHS SHEILA TAKE A BOW PROOF ARTWORK. An original printed proof design, featuring a composite image / mock up of the 7" artwork for 'Sheila Take A Bow' - with four proposed colour schemes. Measures 25 x 15". VF / NM condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74021_8.jpg

THE SMITHS STRANGEWAYS HERE WE COME PROOF ARTWORK. Two printed pages, featuring blown up / enlarged proof designs for The Smiths - Strangeways Here We Come LP sleeve. Each page measures approx 20 x 30". Printed onto thin stock, likely created for annotations/feedback. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

This (want!):
74032_8.jpg
74031_8.jpg
74034_8.jpg

THE SMITHS HATFUL OF HOLLOW SLEEVE DESIGN HAND DRAWN BY MORRISSEY. An incredible piece of Smiths memorabilia here. Two pages of paper, each bearing artwork by Morrissey for the sleeve designs for 'Hatful of Hollow'. Each page is approx 12 x 12". A sellotaped note to the reverse design is also by Morrissey. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

I could go on....
This is a collector's dream come true.
Proofs, (fully signed) autographs, shirts, oddities, posters of every kind (poster collectors have your wallets ready).
Simply incredible.
Please go check it out.
There are lots of music-related items currently on Omega - worth a search or two.

The above goodies appear to be accepting bids until June 30.

I don't think I can stress enough what an amazing opportunity this is - some brilliant, unique stuff on offer here.
Currently drooling,
FWD.

(Thank you @davidt for collating the media gallery).

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 57141Keeping an eye on the canvas. Silk screen! I have one also if it reaches a decent price may sell? They were used as photo promo and in HMV or Virgin Oxford street.

this reminds me of the 3D counter standee that sold on eBay a few years ago for nearly 2 grand. Tbh I can seeing all of GTs stuff going nuts, just because of the power of provenance, they will do 2 or 3x more that what they normally would, even on the “standard” stuff, there’s a Headmaster cowboy already up at around £450, last time one of those was on omega, I got it as part of double, with an Aussie ask 7”, both mint, better than geoffs, for less than what his one is currently at.

Ah I miss those pre-internet/eBay days when one could go into a record shop and find something like a French ‘There is a light’ single or ‘Viva Hate’ promo flag for a few dollars like I did.

this reminds me of the 3D counter standee that sold on eBay a few years ago for nearly 2 grand. Tbh I can seeing all of GTs stuff going nuts, just because of the power of provenance, they will do 2 or 3x more that what they normally would, even on the “standard” stuff, there’s a Headmaster cowboy already up at around £450, last time one of those was on omega, I got it as part of double, with an Aussie ask 7”, both mint, better than geoffs, for less than what his one is currently at.

Yes you did didnt you, Grrr damn you !!! :)

Last edited:
omg don't talk like this.
The most important thing here is, did you manage to get some new frocks??? If so did you also put a couple of frocks on order for the biggest dime bars on here...... messers benny and Hofmann. And if you did I hope you managed to secure matching hats for our lads..... I’m sure the pair will look stunning at any late summer wedding .... awe bless them

Bollocks.
Here was í, Harry Halfwit, thinking that, as Morrissey is now Hitler, some of these might just fly under the Wokerati radar. Some hope.

The few that í had keeper peepers on are already over my limit.
"There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" James printer proof is vivid, primed and leaving me behind...

Unless í sell my Harry Potter first editi..damn!!

The most important thing here is, did you manage to get some new frocks??? If so did you also put a couple of frocks on order for the biggest dime bars on here...... messers benny and Hofmann. And if you did I hope you managed to secure matching hats for our lads..... I’m sure the pair will look stunning at any late summer wedding .... awe bless them

no. im just gonna wait until next week. the shops are open and I AM READY.

Some impressive prices currently:

Barcelona poster: £1300
TIALTNGO proof: £380
Moz-drawn Hatful artwork: £2000
Signed Hatful test press: £600
TCM metal stamper: £550
Shoplifters metal stamper: £550
QID canvas: £420
That Joke... proofs: £850
QID gold award: £700
Headmaster Dutch 7": £420
Barbarism w/l t/p: £550
MIM w/l t/p: £1200

Still a lot around estimate price, but it's sure to heat up soon.
Record Collector take note.
Regards,
FWD.

Some impressive prices currently:

Barcelona poster: £1300
TIALTNGO proof: £380
Moz-drawn Hatful artwork: £2000
Signed Hatful test press: £600
TCM metal stamper: £550
Shoplifters metal stamper: £550
QID canvas: £420
That Joke... proofs: £850
QID gold award: £700
Headmaster Dutch 7": £420
Barbarism w/l t/p: £550
MIM w/l t/p: £1200

Still a lot around estimate price, but it's sure to heat up soon.
Record Collector take note.
Regards,
FWD.

the guide prices are hilarious.

btw i’m surprised by the Barca poster, absolutely stunning item, my personal fave, (along with maybe the set of TJIFA proofs, and the Coma pink titled proof + video docs) - and I’m bidding on it, but someone is making it really difficult ? up to £1,400, let be having ya ??

... unless you’re a millionaire you’re just gonna have to put all your eggs in one basket, pick your fave item and throw the lot at it ? ?
...for us with normal bank balances, it’s gonna be a feat just to win one single thing.

another broke cuck sponging off Moz ?
a parade of broke cucks rubbering off Moz:chicken:

The Moz-drawn Hatful artwork is a nice curio.

but, £2000 nice ?

I guess to someone it’s worth that. Though, I guess I’ve never really been a true collector.

Good luck y’all !

do they take a fee from the seller?

The Moz-drawn Hatful artwork is a nice curio.

but, £2000 nice ?

I guess to someone it’s worth that. Though, I guess I’ve never really been a true collector.

Good luck y’all !

Lol you just bragged about getting records for pittance back in the 80’s, so I’d say you’re very much out of touch and haven’t spent more than 20 quid on a moz record in over 30 years. Why don’t you tell us how much you’d pay for a one-off, probably the first lightbulb idea moz had for the cover art, and knocked it up himself, with a few felt tip pens, and has his handwritten notes & tracklist all over the back. Thank god there’s people out there that respect the process, and respect the history, enough to pay what these items deserve. If it was left to the dinosaurs like you, a TIAL 7” would still be worth £7.99.

Lol you just bragged about getting records for pittance back in the 80’s, so I’d say you’re very much out of touch and haven’t spent more than 20 quid on a moz record in over 30 years. Why don’t you tell us how much you’d pay for a one-off, probably the first lightbulb idea moz had for the cover art, and knocked it up himself, with a few felt tip pens, and has his handwritten notes & tracklist all over the back. Thank god there’s people out there that respect the process, and respect the history, enough to pay what these items deserve. If it was left to the dinosaurs like you, a TIAL 7” would still be worth £7.99.

Lol. I don’t know what you’re getting at. But, I would have to answer I don’t know how much I or anyone should pay for the Hatfull Moz artwork. I guess a collector would pay what they could or needed to in order to possess it. I have quite a bit of rare things, but was never a collector in the sense that I needed one of every format that was ever released, etc. I never understood that, or desired to obtain everything. I also have nothing against collectors. Nor do I really have anything against the asking prices one sees these days, because, if and when I part with my collection, I would like to make it worth my while.

But good luck and I hope you win those items that you want. I’ve been enjoying the photos of your collection that you’ve been posting, beautiful stuff.

Have a good day :)

Lol. I don’t know what you’re getting at. But, I would have to answer I don’t know how much I or anyone should pay for the Hatfull Moz artwork. I guess a collector would pay what they could or needed to in order to possess it. I have quite a bit of rare things, but was never a collector in the sense that I needed one of every format that was ever released, etc. I never understood that, or desired to obtain everything. I also have nothing against collectors. Nor do I really have anything against the asking prices one sees these days, because, if and when I part with my collection, I would like to make it worth my while.

But good luck and I hope you win those items that you want. I’ve been enjoying the photos of your collection that you’ve been posting, beautiful stuff.

Have a good day :)

time to go on a walkabout. come along.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom