Morrissey Central "OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN, RIP." & "LONG LIVE ‘LIVIA" (August 8, 2022)

604e686b_odnd8e.png

Olivia's "Long Live Love" was sampled on Morrissey's 2020 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' album.

As per Book Of Condolence thread earlier.
Specifics re: sample used here.
Regards,
FWD.

Second Olivia post added thereafter:

LONG LIVE ‘LIVIA

A 1997 photo-session for Morrissey's upcoming 'Maladjusted' album took place at Olivia Newton-John's home in Los Angeles. Morrissey last saw Olivia on stage three years ago, and sampled parts of the above track for his song 'The Secret of Music' (released in 2020).

Last edited:
But wouldn't that depend on whether you agree with the opinion?

What is the "spirit of the downvote"?
well for example if you were to post an obnoxious gif of a domestic abuser, i might downvote that and i would trust that you would understand the spirit in which it was done based on certain personality dynamics and interactions we've had in the past.

if someone were to make a political opinion, one could also expect the possibility of downvotes.

but if i were to say i love william morris prints because they remind me of something from my childhood, i would NOT expect a downvote, UNLESS this were a design forum and we were all design students and we generally had heated debates about prints and i knew you to not like william morris prints. there has to be some general idea of why a person might want to stick their foot in.

THAT is the spirit of the downvote. it should NOT be taken so literally.

but if i were to say i love william morris prints because they remind me of something from my childhood, i would NOT expect a downvote, UNLESS this were a design forum and we were all design students and we generally had heated debates about prints and i knew you to not like william morris prints. there has to be some general idea of why a person might want to stick their foot in.

You seem to be saying that because this isn't a Grease forum, we can't downvote opinions on Grease.

:confused:

You seem to be saying that because this isn't a Grease forum, we can't downvote opinions on Grease.

:confused:
no, im saying because it was a personal and harmless opinion expressed by dotmatrix you should've left it the f*** alone.

if it's a post where leaving a downvote is going to cause the person to perhaps wonder "what did i do to him?" and if you care at all about not causing that confusion, then dont leave a downvote.

Then what's the downvote option for, if not for "I dislike the content of this post"? I don't take downvotes personally.

I don't sit around dwelling on these things, either. But I might make an off-hand comment about the likelihood of him liking Grease, if it gets mentioned.

No, Grease and the Beastie Boys are very different choices, but some people like a wide variety. Devil Without a Cause is an album by Kid Rock from the late 90s, featuring what I think is one of his biggest hits, Bawitdaba. The hypothesized listening session consisted of what I considered, on the spur of the moment, to be awful selections.
You simply don’t downvote every post you disagree with. Most of us don’t, at least. Most of us save it for malicious ones or troll posts or whatever. I’m with Rifke on this one. The spirit of your downvote was off.

Kid Rock is one of the great abominations of popular music. The Grease soundtrack or the poor old Beasties don’t deserve to be lumped together with that pile of garbage.

I can understand disagreeing with a post and not downvoting it. Some things (most things) you just suffer in silence, and much of life is a series of "whatevs." But if you have a great hatred for Grease, you might get piqued.
And why the hell should anyone have a ‘great hatred’ for f***ing Grease? That’s such a weird thing to care so much about.

Last edited:
Gregor and Rifke, thanks very much for the kind words of defense.

But I don’t care too much about who gives me a “dislike.” It’s all just speculation on our part whether 2022 Moz likes Grease, and until M says one way or another, the thought he might enjoy it on some level certainly is a valid one.

I’m not the biggest fan of Grease either, but my wife loves it. And it’s a cute, schlocky film with some great songs. and there’s no harm in that!

There is some poster who downvotes me now and then, can't even remember who it is, I don't care about it.

There is some poster who downvotes me now and then, can't even remember who it is, I don't care about it.
No offense, but you tend to “deserve” it more often. I can understand why some users tend to downvote some of your posts, since you like to provoke and express political opinions that many find repulsive. Again, no offense. Just trying to give perspective, not start anything.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom