Old Wolverhampton Pix

paigekparsons

Photographer
Whilst cleaning out my storage locker a few weeks ago, I came upon an old stash of negatives from my college days. Included were a few dozen from Morrissey's first solo gig at Wolverhampton in 1988. They brought back many happy memories of that crazy day.

I've had them scanned and the best of them (which are all pretty grainy) are up on Flickr along with a few notes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paigekparsons/sets/72157613018478699/

Thought the pics might be something the Morrissey Solo community might enjoy. I grant a non-commercial attribution creative commons license on all my images, so I hope you share them, print them and enjoy the memories.

- Paige

What an amazing piece of Morrissey visual history! You should do an exhibit w/ some other ppl who have photos from that gig and maybe some other noteable ones in say....four years for the 25th anniversary. Just a thought.
Thanks for sharing!!

THANK YOU!!!!!! These are beautiful, nostalgic, A moment frozen in time.
I just got lost in the moment while staring at them.:o

These are fabulous - thanks for sharing with everyone.

My favorite is the pic of Andy. It seems to have been taken at the moment he is seen in Hulmerist egging on the fans during the "Morr-i-ssey" terrace chant.

Cheers,
Jamie

Thanks for going to all that trouble and signing up for an account here to share them -- they're excellent!

Have they already made it over to the frink thread?

Hi all,

Glad you like them. I appreciate all your kind words. It's amazing what a little post-processing can do. The originals were color and all the shots with the exceptionof the one of Andy were taken from at least 40 feet back in the crowd.

- Paige

They are absolutely beautiful, thank you very very much. :)

Wow - you're good! :guitar:

The funny thing is, these are really very poor color 35mm shots. It's amazing what you can do with Lightroom to improve things like cropping in really tight, fixing the exposure and doing nice black and white toning.

Am curious, are there any folks on the boards that were at the show? I watched the crowd bits of the Hulmerist for the first time this week, and it makes the gig seem so much more manic that I remember.

The funny thing is, these are really very poor color 35mm shots. It's amazing what you can do with Lightroom to improve things like cropping in really tight, fixing the exposure and doing nice black and white toning.

Am curious, are there any folks on the boards that were at the show? I watched the crowd bits of the Hulmerist for the first time this week, and it makes the gig seem so much more manic that I remember.

Great pictures! I wanted to go but my mum wouldnt let me camp out in Wolverhampton at the age of 14... :tears:

Amazing photographs! You were very, very lucky to be there. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing them!

Tags
photo photos wolverhampton live
Back
Top Bottom