Old Billy Tune (unreleased Morrissey track)

Hello folks. I've put some lyrics to this track and thought it would be interesting to post it here to see what you guys think. Cheers,
Lee.

Hello folks. I've put some lyrics to this track and thought it would be interesting to post it here to see what you guys think. Cheers,
Lee.

well done lee,i really liked that.take it your in a band,whatever your doing keep it up.

Very nice, Lee B - your melody line really highlighted the potential of the tune. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure Alain would be appreciative of the effort.

Very nice, Lee B - your melody line really highlighted the potential of the tune. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure Alain would be appreciative of the effort.

Cheers Jamie. Yes it really is a great track that Alain has laid down and it seems a shame to let it go to waste. I've tried hooking up with Alain on Facebook to get his opinion but with no Joy. I'm sure he's a busy man considering all the artists he has been writing for over the last number of years. I've done the same with another of his tracks 'misfortune' which is also on YouTube. Can't believe he played all the instruments and produced these himself. Very talented bloke.

Lee.

Make no mistake, this sounds great. Well done Lee B.

While I was opening up an old computer I also found the Red Lightning LA Crash Landing (which is pure class) and The Motivators EP, Live At The Spitz, which was Spike, Gaz and Alain. Also class.

Do you have a quality version of "Baby I'm Strange" by chance? I absolutely love that song but all I have is a very tinny-sounding version that was posted on this site 100 years ago.

Cheers Jamie. Yes it really is a great track that Alain has laid down and it seems a shame to let it go to waste. I've tried hooking up with Alain on Facebook to get his opinion but with no Joy. I'm sure he's a busy man considering all the artists he has been writing for over the last number of years. I've done the same with another of his tracks 'misfortune' which is also on YouTube. Can't believe he played all the instruments and produced these himself. Very talented bloke.

Alain seems to have decreased his FB visibility in the past year or so. Most times he posts nowadays it's regarding his Stadium project or his kids. When "Born To Hang" popped up last year, he implied that it was one of several of his side project songs that he was resurrecting for a solo venture. I would wager that some of these intrumentals will be similarly repurposed, much as he did with "Manhattan" becoming "The Search" for the Setting Fires EP.

At the time, most of these didn't sound like "Morrissey songs," in spirit or approach, but, given his shift away from the pure "guitar rock" sound in his 2010s recordings, I wonder if "Sideways" and "Trouble Is Ahead" would have made good material for M. I always thought "Falling For You" had a pleasant air of Smiths pastiche to it, especially in the gradually building layers of guitars on the coda.

Do you have a quality version of "Baby I'm Strange" by chance? I absolutely love that song but all I have is a very tinny-sounding version that was posted on this site 100 years ago.

I think it's on a hard drive somewhere - I just moved house, so I'm not sure where it might be. If I find it, I'll have a look.

I think it's on a hard drive somewhere - I just moved house, so I'm not sure where it might be. If I find it, I'll have a look.
Peter, that would be nice - in and amongst your death threats and general hatred, some of us are fully, fully aware of your contribution to the music side of the Morrissey community - that fact is never lost on some of us.
FWD

Peter, that would be nice - in and amongst your death threats and general hatred, some of us are fully, fully aware of your contribution to the music side of the Morrissey community - that fact is never lost on some of us.
FWD

Woah! do you mean to me or from me? I've certainly had death threats, I don't recall issuing any. I've always - always - been truthful, stuck to my principles, and given everything away.

I did find the hard drive, and I'm sorry to say the song is not there. I have now put 20 boxes back in the attic.

However, I do have the Red Lightning and Motivators stuff minus that one song, plus all of Alan's Myspace songs, should anyone be interested.

Woah! do you mean to me or from me? I've certainly had death threats, I don't recall issuing any. I've always - always - been truthful, stuck to my principles, and given everything away.

I did find the hard drive, and I'm sorry to say the song is not there. I have now put 20 boxes back in the attic.

However, I do have the Red Lightning and Motivators stuff minus that one song, plus all of Alan's Myspace songs, should anyone be interested.
For the record: death threats against you - not anything you may have said yourself :)
FWD.

For the record: death threats against you - not anything you may have said yourself :)
FWD.

Phew.

Anyway, I've got broad shoulders. I can take it. The police have been involved. They really have. It got serious. There are some reet nutters out there.

But I can look after myself, I can take it.

FWD

WHOA! you best clarify at once, he is going to think you got an in with his anon posts. Will get all paranoid.

Phew.

Anyway, I've got broad shoulders. I can take it. The police have been involved. They really have. It got serious. There are some reet nutters out there.

But I can look after myself, I can take it.

Before David got banned and threatened to be hanged and quartered, I never believed Morrissey, his entourage and his fans were nutjobs for real. I mean by that , I thought they were harmless. Nowadays if you told me you suspect him of pooing in front of your garage, smashing your milk bottles, and breathing loudly over the phone I'd say it's entirely possible, given the level of pettiness over the years. (He wouldn't bother to look for anyone IRL to be nice to them though, that'd be below him.)
Seriously, I hope whoever is bothering you learns to make the difference between the internet and real life. Quickly.

I have the Red Lightning cd somewhere too and unless I imagined it, there was something written about extra content for CD-ROM? I never figured it out and my current computer doesn't have a disc tray. Do you know what that was about?

Back
Top Bottom