Old Billy Tune (unreleased Morrissey track)

calimero61

Hello,

Can someone upload the song 'Old Billy Tune' from Alain Whyte (unreleased track for Morrissey), please? I have try to hear it on Alain's MySpace page but it doesn't work ...
Thanks in advance.

Calimero

Here you go...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/obpb92

I think I have all his old Myspace tunes. Some of these songs became Setting Fires tunes, his project with Kill Hannah's Mat Devine.

qyoPCki.png

Alain deserves something better than a 404'd official site and a defunct Myspace.
When I first heard Billy tune - well, wreaks of a Moz song.
It's nice hearing just instrumentals too - before they become 'Paranoia' or 'Not Bitter...'
Alain was quite prolific on the quiet.
Cheers for reminding me P.
Regards,
FWD.

While I was opening up an old computer I also found the Red Lightning LA Crash Landing (which is pure class) and The Motivators EP, Live At The Spitz, which was Spike, Gaz and Alain. Also class.

Thanks for sharing, I could definitely hear some Morrissey vocals over this. Do know what era it's from? If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere around YA and VAI?

While I was opening up an old computer I also found the Red Lightning LA Crash Landing (which is pure class) and The Motivators EP, Live At The Spitz, which was Spike, Gaz and Alain. Also class.

It's a shame that the whole set that the Motivators EP was culled from was never released. I know that several of the songs (e.g., "I Miss You" and "Crushed") were repurposed for Red Lightning but a few - including "Face Value" and the really lovely "In Your Hands" - were not. I certainly had a new appreciation for Spike's drumming after hearing the EP.

FWIW, I love Manhattan. I know it made it's way onto that rather average EP he did, but the demo is a thing of beauty.

Along the same lines, could anyone share the song Spencer shared on FB, "Born To Hang?" NOT the Morrissey outtake, the song recorded by Spencer, Alain, and Gary in 1996.

Many thanks,
Jamie

Along the same lines, could anyone share the song Spencer shared on FB, "Born To Hang?" NOT the Morrissey outtake, the song recorded by Spencer, Alain, and Gary in 1996.

Many thanks,
Jamie
I would direct you to the mp4 I included in my post re: Born to Hang, but extracting the mp3 from that will suck as it is encoded as a mono track.
Judging by Alain's comment on Spencer's post, something more 'official' might surface soon.
Regards,
FWD.

Someone posted this to youtube - it's fab - a shame Moz didn't (or couldn't) come up with any lyrics.

I don't believe these are actually unused Morrissey demos.

In case anyone is interested (and I know some are), Al is gearing up for a bevy of releases and the stuff sounds GREAT!

Hello folks. I've put some lyrics to this track and thought it would be interesting to post it here to see what you guys think. Cheers,
Lee.

Back
Top Bottom