Okay, I gotta applaud Peta for this one.

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
52917152.jpg

'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Accepts PETA's Offer to Help Save Home

7:38 PM PDT, March 24, 2010

LA HABRA -- 'Octomom' Nadya Suleman has agreed to allow PETA to put a sign in her front yard in a bid to help save her home from foreclosure.

PETA says it offered Suleman $5,000 and a month's supply of veggie burgers and hot dogs in exchange for placing the sign in front of her house in La Habra.

The sign reads: "Don't Let Your Dog or Cat Become an Octomom. Always Spay or Neuter."

A letter from PETA to Suleman reads in part, "In light of recent reports that you may be facing foreclosure on your home, we'd like to offer to bolster your finances by paying to place an ad (enclosed) on your front lawn."

It continues: "When you gave birth to octuplets to bring your total number of children to 14, you grabbed headlines and got the world talking about your controversial decision. Now will you help turn some of that attention to another important matter -- the dog and cat overpopulation crisis?"

Read the complete letter

The mother of 14 is reportedly in danger of defaulting on her mortgage.

Suleman bought her home in March 2009 for $565,000.

According to note holder, Amer Haddadin, Suleman missed a $450,000 balloon payment due this month and she didn't make the last $4,139 mortgage payment. She has also been late on three other recent payments, he says.

Foreclosure proceedings are already underway, Haddadin told KTLA.

But Suleman says the reports are exaggerated.

"It's all inaccurate. No we're fine. We're not losing our house," Suleman said in a video posted Tuesday on TMZ.com.

"The kids are healthy and thriving," she adds.

Suleman goes on to say that she hasn't missed any payments.

"...haven't been late on my mortgage."

Suleman reportedly passed on an offer from Vivid Entertainment founder Steven Hirsh, who offered Suleman a million dollars to do an adult film.

Hirsh claims he sent Suleman a letter detailing the offer and assuring her that she would get the support of the "best hair and makeup artists" in town. She would also get to choose her partner, Hirsh says.

"We can also schedule production so that it will take less than a week in the Los Angeles area. That way she can be with her children every night," Hirsh said.

Suleman gave birth to octuplets -- six boys and two girls -- on Jan. 26, 2009.

She also has six older children -- all the result of in-vitro fertilization.

Copyright © 2010, KTLA-TV, Los Angeles

Back
Top Bottom