OK, what's with Jed?

dudette

DisMembered
Hi, I'm new to the site and my first question is: Who's this Jed guy and what "email" are some of you talking about? ;-)
The reason I'm asking is because I've just read a biography entitled "Morrissey: Scandal and Passion" (quite the title) by David Bret where Jed is mentioned as a possible lover in 2004... So I'm pretty curious, hehe...

Also, after reading the book, I was quite surprised at how many of Morrissey's relationships have actually been "known", e.g. Jake. Because nobody ever kisses and tells, it seems, it's usually just a mystery. But then again, how can you be in the public eye for so long without any one finding out about anything.

And I KNOW, it's not my business, but hell, he's not going to read this anyway, so it won't hurt his feelings that I'm not discussing his lyrics instead ;-)

dudette said:
Hi, I'm new to the site and my first question is: Who's this Jed guy and what "email" are some of you talking about? ;-)
The reason I'm asking is because I've just read a biography entitled "Morrissey: Scandal and Passion" (quite the title) by David Bret where Jed is mentioned as a possible lover in 2004... So I'm pretty curious, hehe...

Also, after reading the book, I was quite surprised at how many of Morrissey's relationships have actually been "known", e.g. Jake. Because nobody ever kisses and tells, it seems, it's usually just a mystery. But then again, how can you be in the public eye for so long without any one finding out about anything.

And I KNOW, it's not my business, but hell, he's not going to read this anyway, so it won't hurt his feelings that I'm not discussing his lyrics instead ;-)

Jed is his manager. The letter was Moz criticising Sanctuary for not promoting his album. There are no known relationships where Moz is concerned. Probably because there arent any.

No relationships? Arh, come on... Not even a little bit?

How dull. Well, back to the lyrics then.

Have you ever seen Jedd? He's like... 5'2'' or something. Definitely wouldn't say he's Moz' type.

the only thing that can be known for certain is David Bret is an idiot.

Suzanne said:
where's my "approved statement" stamp?

I think of David Bret as being the book version of the NOTW. You can't believe a word he writes.

Mada said:
Have you ever seen Jedd? He's like... 5'2'' or something. Definitely wouldn't say he's Moz' type.

I beg to differ. I think Moz prefers diminutive men with receding hairlines. Why would he want to be with someone prettier than himself? :p

As far as women go? Well Nancy, Linder and Sandie are very glamourous in an offbeat way. Could Moz like glamour girls?

I'm one of those last souls thinking he's........well not a-sexual. But somewhere in between. His lyrics are about both. although the last album speaks more pro in the male cathegory.

This is not wishfull thinking btw :p .

JeanneDarc said:
I'm one of those last souls thinking he's........well not a-sexual. But somewhere in between. His lyrics are about both. although the last album speaks more pro in the male cathegory.

This is not wishfull thinking btw :p .

Watch out, I hear getting any closer and your walkman will start to melt.

Suzanne said:
Absolutely.

I don't mind gossip at all - certainly not when it comes to Morrissey - but David Bret's books are just utterly uninteresting and clearly written by somebody who isn't a fan - or even bothering to do much in the way of real research.

Almost anybody who followed this board for a few weeks could write a better and more insightful book than his tired effort to make a few bucks by repeating a couple of old rumours and presenting them as facts.

I've read most Morrissey books on the market and his are - by far - the most uninteresting.

dudette said:

Hi Dudette.

Firstly, welcome.

Secondly, there's no proof that he doesn't visit this site and/or have "his people" watch over this site from time to time.

I for one am a believer that somewhere between the two of the above lies the truth.

Finally, hope you now feel enlightened by the responses thus far!

Last edited:
I don't see what everyone has against David Bret.

Ok so the book had a few flaws but it was an entertaining and informative read.

knight123 said:
I don't see what everyone has against David Bret.

Ok so the book had a few flaws but it was an entertaining and informative read.

I think "informative" is where some folks might take issue. I've never read the book, but the idea that Moz and Jed were lovers seems to be one of the least substantiated rumors around. I can't believe Bret would mascarade it as a factual statement. How can you trust anything he says if any odd rumor is par for the course?

oh well moz and I we were lovers back then in the 90s and you didn't make a fuss about that...he's life is his life ,PERIOD!

Hi guys,

And thanks for the replies, quite informative... So Mr Bret's an idiot, you say... Hmm. Who to trust then? ;-)
Ah well, omne ignotum pro magnifico, eh?

David Pret is terribly boring...
He's also very very ugly.
Jed is not that ugly, but he only used to work for the man.
No more than that.
He was not (is?) manager.

Rocco Sifredi

Back
Top Bottom