Oh what an annoyance!!

pandora_cocteau

What I am about to say has nothing to do with wanting to be older....just having to be!!!
All of the best "shows" in Toronto are 19+. I am 17 and I am going into first year of university in....a month actually. Moving to downtown, about to experience life....not so fast- apparently, any form of redeemable entertainment you can have here is if you are 19 years of over. all of the concerts, events are for people who are this age, and every single person is carded at the entrance.
Not just that, but being an avid "musician" (i dont know what i am, i write lyrics, i sort of sing, i play guitar...but these are all just limited..so i am not a legit musician), and seriously starting a band, I fear I will not be able to play at a good venue for about 2 years simply because of my age. What is bad is that I am a little less than a year younger than all of the people in first year...so when they are flaunting their 19 I.D.s, I will still be an early, inexperienced 18!!!! And don't get me wrong..it is not because I want to buy alcohol (who cares, right?)...I just want to get a good cultural experience!!!

is that too much to ask!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

I thought i'd start a discussion on...fake i.d's.....any opinions? comments? how do you feel about searching for a fake i.d in a back alley in chinatown?

It's kind of easy to spot a fake ID, they taught us how to do it when I worked at a grocery store. That said, I wouldn't risk it.

What I am about to say has nothing to do with wanting to be older....just having to be!!!
All of the best "shows" in Toronto are 19+. I am 17 and I am going into first year of university in....a month actually. Moving to downtown, about to experience life....not so fast- apparently, any form of redeemable entertainment you can have here is if you are 19 years of over. all of the concerts, events are for people who are this age, and every single person is carded at the entrance.
Not just that, but being an avid "musician" (i dont know what i am, i write lyrics, i sort of sing, i play guitar...but these are all just limited..so i am not a legit musician), and seriously starting a band, I fear I will not be able to play at a good venue for about 2 years simply because of my age. What is bad is that I am a little less than a year younger than all of the people in first year...so when they are flaunting their 19 I.D.s, I will still be an early, inexperienced 18!!!! And don't get me wrong..it is not because I want to buy alcohol (who cares, right?)...I just want to get a good cultural experience!!!

is that too much to ask!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

I thought i'd start a discussion on...fake i.d's.....any opinions? comments? how do you feel about searching for a fake i.d in a back alley in chinatown?

First Canada legalizes seal hunting...now this...

I think it's time for all of us to boycott Canada

well if it makes you feel better they are trying to protect your innocent self from being secretly drugged and dragged off. or they're protecting 18+ers that legally shouldnt be involved with you (I dont know the sex rules in canada, hahahahah)

well if it makes you feel better they are trying to protect your innocent self from being secretly drugged and dragged off. or they're protecting 18+ers that legally shouldnt be involved with you (I dont know the sex rules in canada, hahahahah)

Same as everywhere...it's not cheating.....unless you get caught

nawwww. it's not the sex thing. people after 13 are practically in charge of whom they sleep with, what they do with their sexual organs etc.

the legal drinking age here is 19. and well..all those venues serve alcohol. i think in order to avoid the annoyance of separating the boozers from non boozers, they just decide to eliminate all younger people from all cultural events....

nawwww. it's not the sex thing. people after 13 are practically in charge of whom they sleep with, what they do with their sexual organs etc.

the legal drinking age here is 19. and well..all those venues serve alcohol. i think in order to avoid the annoyance of separating the boozers from non boozers, they just decide to eliminate all younger people from all cultural events....

People who are 13, have no concept of what sex is

People who are 13, have no concept of what sex is

Neither do most teenagers in general, but age limits are not going to stop kids from doing stuff like that. Parents need to actually sit down with their kids and explain this stuff to their children once they hit puberty. If children don't know the consequences of their actions, and parents just say "no boyfriends/girlfriends until 17" then how can anybody expect these kids to not run off and do stuff with each other?

Neither do most teenagers in general, but age limits are not going to stop kids from doing stuff like that. Parents need to actually sit down with their kids and explain this stuff to their children once they hit puberty. If children don't know the consequences of their actions, and parents just say "no boyfriends/girlfriends until 17" then how can anybody expect these kids to not run off and do stuff with each other?

exactly.....Norplant and Chastity belts would help..but it's not gonna solve the problem

Oh yeah, that's annoying. Why do they have to sell alcohol? I have to wait few years too so I can go to watch nice shows.
I don't know, maybe I'm special in that way that I'm not interested about sex and alcohol. I can't understand teenagers, or anyone else, who have sex with everyone and drink too much. Maybe my mother have been warning example for me. :D

I think I will not never use alcohol very much, so this is pointless, this waiting I mean.

Quite hard to express my thoughts in conventional form.

exactly.....Norplant and Chastity belts would help..but it's not gonna solve the problem

YOU know what my position is on this subject

For Teens
iradevice_narrowweb__300x375,0.jpg

I'm a Civil Lebertarian, but until people reach the age of 18 (adulthood) their rights should be restricted.... they have to earn their rights....personal responsibility.

After 18, people should be able to do what ever the f*** they want.....including smoking at Disneyland. ;):cool:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that's annoying. Why do they have to sell alcohol? I have to wait few years too so I can go to watch nice shows.
I don't know, maybe I'm special in that way that I'm not interested about sex and alcohol. I can't understand teenagers, or anyone else, who have sex with everyone and drink too much. Maybe my mother have been warning example for me. :D

I think I will not never use alcohol very much, so this is pointless, this waiting I mean.

Quite hard to express my thoughts in conventional form.

we're on the exact same page. i think drinking at shows is really ridiculous too. especially at Morrissey concerts...that bugs me sooo much!!! i find music itself an incredible experience, so there is no need to "spice things up" with alcohol.

Do gigs with no bar hold these restrictions? :eek:

Sounds like the perfect venue to watch Morrissey, no miserable teenagers:p

you horrible man! you were a miserable teenager once :p

where have you been tmyem!

we're on the exact same page. i think drinking at shows is really ridiculous too. especially at Morrissey concerts...that bugs me sooo much!!! i find music itself an incredible experience, so there is no need to "spice things up" with alcohol.

Smoking at Morrissey shows is even more ridiculous...and contributes to the death of others

you horrible man! you were a miserable teenager once :p

where have you been tmyem!

yeah, i was... i grew more miserable....but at least i can buy a drink at a morrissey concert now:p

I have been.....not here!

Sorrows can swim, tmyem...:p

Why on earth not? you haven't been...working have you? :eek: :p

Back
Top Bottom