Oh s*** – the only thing that can fix my broken heart is listening to Morrissey - Fergal Kinney

Oh shit – the only thing that can fix my broken heart is listening to Morrissey : The hardest dose of despondence
by Fergal Kinney, Loud and Quiet, 20 Feb 2019

https://www.loudandquiet.com/short/...ix-my-broken-heart-is-listening-to-morrissey/

"Looking for advice on how to move on from a breakup? The internet’s good, self-help books are alright, alcohol certainly helps. Perhaps not, though, a middle aged, barrel-chested bloke who appears to be so incapable of love these days.

This time last year, I was happily living with my partner of several years, and the obsessive fan worship of Morrissey that had defined my teenage years was packed up and forgotten. Both of these things would dissolve across 2018...."

46283_mozza-1280x827.jpg

Illustrations by Kate Prior

Last edited by a moderator:
"The final time I’d been to watch Morrissey in concert, I’d been surprised at my inability to relate to the braying gammon with an impotent quiff onstage" .... Ouch!!!

Last edited:
Good article. Lot of people wrestling with His Master's Racism. This deals with it well.
watching politics live yesterday there was a nutbag American who has a new book out called white fragility and she says in it that every white person from the age of four is racist.so skimflint if M is a racist then so are you.

The final time I’d been to watch Morrissey in concert, I’d been surprised at my inability to relate to the braying gammon with an impotent quiff onstage.... Ouch!!!
your certainly not that well known with your 641 posts.

Great read! Glad to hear that the misguided older fans like Fergal Kinney are accepting the fact that they were wrong all along in their judgment and are now realizing once again that...

MORRISSEY

CAN

DO

NO

WRONG.

:thumb:

:cool:

Good article. Lot of people wrestling with His Master's Racism. This deals with it well.
Article posted at 7.56.
Peter logged in, read the whole article and posted his Chapman-esq nonsense at 8.03.

I think someone should alert the authorities. The wall-eyed mentalist is clearly losing what is left of his tiny little mind.

When I feel the end of life is near, when I think about glaciers melting, insects disappearing, when all I see around me is concrete and cars eating up the planet, when every job seems pointless, when human beings offer nothing but violence, hatred, stupidity and greed, when nothing appeals to me, I don"t listen to Morrissey, but I yap on Solo. I now call those my "Morrissey writing to the NME" phases.

I indulge in doing something completely futile, knowing that eventually, like Morrissey, I'll have to join the rat race again and make some money, or pretend to have some form of occupation.

Everybody can relate to the feeling in the article I think. Except Morrissey...

When I feel the end of life is near, when I think about glaciers melting, insects disappearing, when all I see around me is concrete and cars eating up the planet, when every job seems pointless, when human beings offer nothing but violence, hatred, stupidity and greed, when nothing appeals to me, I don"t listen to Morrissey, but I yap on Solo. I now call those my "Morrissey writing to the NME" phases.

I indulge in doing something completely futile, knowing that eventually, like Morrissey, I'll have to join the rat race again and make some money, or pretend to have some form of occupation.

Everybody can relate to the feeling in the article I think. Except Morrissey...
he doesnt have to because hes been there and done it.

There where? :) He can't have been everywhere. Unlike Johnny Cash who totally can.
don't get the johnny cash love in these days,his voice is tuneless and soulless for me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom