official The Cribs & Johnny Marr thread

Kewpie

Subscriber
Too many threads of Cribs at the moment, hopefully everyone will add new info in here.

Their free gig at Rough Trade East ( Brick Lane) at 19:00 Thursday 10th September. :)

Re: official The Cribs thread

Oh man Ignore the Ignorant is such a bad album. Generic British indie rock. Boring boring boring. I still can't get over the fact Marr claims it to be better than QiD.

Thanks for jasonleeming, Johnny will be on BBC 2 'Something for the Weekend' 10:00 this Sunday 13th September.

Last edited:

Just got back from Rough Trade East gig.
It was very nice to see Kitty3780 again. *waves*

I didn't know we have to get a listband in advance, but in the end they allowed us to get in.
A kind young man allowed me to copy the setlist he got from Ryan.

We Were Aborted
Emaculate Me
I'm A Realist
Cheat On Me
What About Me
We Share The Same Skies
Hara Kiri
Scenesters
City Of Bugs

At the signing session I said Johnny I saw him 20 years ago in Bradford.
He said remember that gig, it was on Saturday!
His memory is still very good. :)

Just got back from Rough Trade East gig.
It was very nice to see Kitty3780 again. *waves*

I didn't know we have to get a listband in advance, but in the end they allowed us to get in.
A kind young man allowed me to copy the setlist he got from Ryan.

We Were Aborted
Emaculate Me
I'm A Realist
Cheat On Me
What About Me
We Share The Same Skies
Hara Kiri
Scenesters
City Of Bugs

At the signing session I said Johnny I saw him 20 years ago in Bradford.
He said remember that gig, it was on Saturday!
His memory is still very good. :)

Nice :) How were the new songs live? I have heard some of them on the album bonus but not in the flesh. The new album is a grower.

heard the Cribs new single for the first time last night.
bloody dreadful!
well, the music's alright but the singing is awful (especially in the chorus).
he sounds like that berk from the Stereophonics.

Nice :) How were the new songs live? I have heard some of them on the album bonus but not in the flesh. The new album is a grower.

It's quite good, but we're too close to the speaker which made me bit hard to enjoy the gig.

They're ready to go on tour.
I was unable to get a ticket of October gig, but my ticket of December Brixton gig was alredy delivered this morning.
Ticketweb is very good. :)

Has anyone watched BBC 2 'Something for the Weekend'?

I overslept and missed it. :(

If you haven't had enough of Johnny Marr.

The Guardian have interviews + videos this week to view and download, as The Cribs have taken over the music section of said paper for one week.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/

He and The Cribs are on Gonzo, MTV2 tonight, on the couch, 9pm.
http://www.mtv.co.uk/shows/gonzo?s_...campaign=161&gclid=CK2l-r_585wCFZMU4wodz06VkQ

Then later, a repeat of The Smiths Videos, if you wish to digitise your collection, 11.30pm
http://library.digiguide.com/lib/programme/Vintage-693420/Music

I was reading Johnny's interview in one of the guitar mags in ASDA this afty. Is it me, or are all his interviews pleasant but lacking in anything to get your teeth into these days? Maybe people should ask him more challenging questions.

I have a ticket to see the Cribs next month at Hull Uni . Unfortunately, it's Mozzer in Leeds the following evening and I may not have the health/energy to do both. :(

I was reading Johnny's interview in one of the guitar mags in ASDA this afty. Is it me, or are all his interviews pleasant but lacking in anything to get your teeth into these days? Maybe people should ask him more challenging questions.

I have a ticket to see the Cribs next month at Hull Uni . Unfortunately, it's Mozzer in Leeds the following evening and I may not have the health/energy to do both. :(

Poor you, hopefully you might be OK in a month time to have ex-Smiths binge. :flowers:

Poor you, hopefully you might be OK in a month time to have ex-Smiths binge. :flowers:

Thank you :); in theory, Johnny one night and Moz the next (insert rude joke and move on) is terrific stuff, but I'm still recovering from an operation, plus I'm gettin' on a bit and need to sleep occasionally..... zzzzzz

I haven't heard the whole album yet, but I thought "Cheat On Me" in particular is very catchy. The lead singer is a bit screamy, but Johnny's guitar work is great - he rocks like f***! [see Wormy's post on General Discussion thread]. The title track is also good.

Back
Top Bottom