Official Charts: Rebels Without Applause enters download / singles sales chart at #73 & #87 (December 2, 2022)

Screenshot_20221203-150336~2.png

Screenshot_20221203-150048~2.png

'Skyrocketing'
Anyone have the Polish chart yet!?
There was no entry for it on the above sites midweek.
FWD.

Who will he blame this time?

It probably counts as still being interested in music, but I do look at the arse end of the charts for the good stuff. As ever.

Let's wait for the album release and then worry about the chart places . I will never download a Mozz sons as I prefer the physical copy. So when you're ready a 7" single please Stephen.🤞

Given the last couple of albums were 'given away' on YouTube - I'd guess any release will suffer in the 'digital age'.
The only real way he could maximise chart placement with singles is if ALL formats release at the same time for a cumulative 'boost' - that hasn't happened in a long time.
The only real 'traction' he gets is in vinyl singles - where selling a handful can keep the track in the chart for months.
Regards,
FWD.

M’s been obsessed with charts ever since he was a child, even drawing his own up, don’t think he could shake it off that easily.
Of course being M he will complain about such things. But looking back over his body of work and it’s importance to others, even he must know by now that charts don’t really matter, that they are not intended to be a measure and judgment of what is and is not ART, that experience and moment of truth only happens between the song and the listener.

The airplay chart matters enormously as it is airplay that powers album sales, and it is healthy album sales that attract record deals. No airplay for Dog on a Chain has led to massive problems getting a follow-up deal. There still seems to be uncertainty about the release of Bonfire. If Radio 2 A-list 'Rebels', a decent record deal (UK) is almost guaranteed.

It's had absolutely f*** all promotion, so it's hardly surprising.

Getting your nephew and a amateur blog writer to push your marketing is never going to cut the mustard, is it? He needed more visibility and I wonder if it was him or the record company that stayed away from some of the outlets that could've helped. Is his 'brand' simply too toxic now, or is it a case of laziness from all parties? Hopefully the album should do a lot better, it seems a waste of a good (if slightly unusually produced) single.

The airplay chart matters enormously as it is airplay that powers album sales, and it is healthy album sales that attract record deals. No airplay for Dog on a Chain has led to massive problems getting a follow-up deal. There still seems to be uncertainty about the release of Bonfire. If Radio 2 A-list 'Rebels', a decent record deal (UK) is almost guaranteed.

Sure, and sales are important to anyone that has signed up to take part in the business. No argument there from me.

I was talking about ART, and what really matters in the long run, and at the end of the day.

Lol ……. 👇

Last edited:
It's had absolutely f*** all promotion, so it's hardly surprising.

Getting your nephew and a amateur blog writer to push your marketing is never going to cut the mustard, is it? He needed more visibility and I wonder if it was him or the record company that stayed away from some of the outlets that could've helped. Is his 'brand' simply too toxic now, or is it a case of laziness from all parties? Hopefully the album should do a lot better, it seems a waste of a good (if slightly unusually produced) single.

And still, some will say he shouldn’t blame the
label. I’ve seen no advertisements for the song
and it’s release, or forthcoming album ads.

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, ‘M should do this, that, and the other thing too’. Well, I’ll complain about M not wanting to do the expected interviews, after I’ve seen the label’s promotional push.

Lol ……. 👇

Last edited:
Good performance.
On Spotify the song has accumulated 181,658 plays in five days, which is excellent too.
How is that a good performance, by any measure? In the SEVENTIES? Please tell me your reasoning because I honestly think it's really poor.

Sure, and sales are important to anyone that has signed up to take part in the business. No argument there from me.

I was talking about ART, and what really matters in the long run, and at the end of the day.

No, it's simply about being able to release new material. If you can't put out new songs, there is no ART for people to enjoy. This is really simple stuff.
Whether it sells a million or 50,000 is irrelevant. However, if it's only going to sell a few thousand, a deal is not viable and new songs cannot be released.

How is that a good performance, by any measure? In the SEVENTIES? Please tell me your reasoning because I honestly think it's really poor.
Do you have any idea how the charts work? And what his previous performances of digital singles were? No, I didn't think so.

One of the reasons I actually loved The Smiths - a band with amazing lyrics & tunes that only ever had 3 songs break the 'top ten'.
FWD.

How is it in the charts at both #73 and #87? Which one is it?
It is clearly delineated.
Official singles sales chart.
Official download chart.
Which are 2 separate entities.
FWD.

One of the reasons I actually loved The Smiths - a band with amazing lyrics & tunes that only ever had 3 songs break the 'top ten'.
FWD.
Well, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore only got to 49 in the charts, in an age when people actually bought stuff. Can you imagine trumpeting that position as a triumph now?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom