Official Charts: Rebels Without Applause enters download / singles sales chart at #73 & #87 (December 2, 2022)

Screenshot_20221203-150336~2.png

Screenshot_20221203-150048~2.png

'Skyrocketing'
Anyone have the Polish chart yet!?
There was no entry for it on the above sites midweek.
FWD.

No, it's simply about being able to release new material. If you can't put out new songs, there is no ART for people to enjoy. This is really simple stuff.
Whether it sells a million or 50,000 is irrelevant. However, if it's only going to sell a few thousand, a deal is not viable and new songs cannot be released.

Nah, ART always finds a way to get to those that want it, need it. I have plenty of records from people that put things out themselves or that have not become house hold names, etc.

It’s the ART that matters.

If label’s and charts ceased to exist, artists would find a way to get it out there, and even Morrissey would come around to/forced to find a way to get his ART to those that want it.

I understand your view point, but it’s not what I’m talking about or debating.

The very song is about those who do something different without acclaim , so….

It's his first chart success in the official UK singles chart since Spent the Day in Bed five years ago.
Without any airplay (I think) or promotion.
Well done!

Last edited:
Do you have any idea how the charts work? And what his previous performances of digital singles were? No, I didn't think so.
I was asking you to explain to me why it was a good performance, because on the face of it, it's terrible. Give me some insight.

I was asking you to explain to me why it was a good performance, because on the face of it, it's terrible. Give me some insight.
Of his last 15 singles this is his best performing one.
Compared to artists like Morrissey (take Suede or Nick Cave) this is outperforming any of them from the last 10 years.

And again without any airplay of promotion.
The fanbase is strong, as is the song.

Also doing really well on Spotify to take it broader than just the UK.

It's his first chart success in the official UK singles chart since Spent the Day in Bed five years ago.
Well done!
It's number 87 on the UK Singles 'Sales' Chart, not the oifficial UK top 100 singles chart.

Why does it say Morrissey where the record label is supposed to be?

Given this site aggregates information (regardless of perceived performance), so people can see what happened historically regarding a single 'charting' - why would any release, including this, not get the same treatment?
FWD.

Surprised it charted considering it's release seemed to take even Morrissey by surprise and there has been zero fanfare for it.. forced or otherwise.

Bit sad really considering it's his best single for a whiiiiile

It's number 87 on the UK Singles 'Sales' Chart, not the oifficial UK top 100 singles chart.
So there's a sales chart, a downloads chart and an official top 100 as well? Crikey, things are confusing these days. :squiffy:

Well done!

It’s not the same chart that Spent The Day In Bed was in, Rebels without applause is nowhere to be seen in the official singles chart.

How long before it tumbles out of the charts altogether? One week? Two weeks? He’s not had a Top 40 hit in the chart that matters since ‘….Paris’ in 2009. 13 years. Count ‘em. Every single since has effectively stalled and fallen….just like that.
Here. Check this link. It’s honest and unflinchingly direct as regards Morrissey’s post-Smiths chart career since February 1988….

RWA (1).png

RWA (5).png

View attachment 86820
View attachment 86819

Could be said, would have done better with some label promotion. Why would a label release it without any is just odd.

If this is what can be expected from Capitol, then who can expect BoT to do much better, chart wise.

Could be said, would have done better with some label promotion. Why would a label release it without any is just odd.

If this is what can be expected from Capitol, then who can expect BoT to do much better, chart wise.

It's all so frustrating, the shows in the UK were a real return to form but in smaller venues (better from a fan perspective) everything else surrounding him seems to be a complete shit show. James only this week announced a 2nd night at Halifax Piece Hall which is a 7500 capacity venue and as much as I like James, Morrissey at this point in his career should be playing venues like that and selling out multiple nights. I wish he would get a f***ing grip on what's going on around him. Rant over!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom