Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

i know lots of gay men in their fifties (this city has nothing but gay men, incidentally (none of them attractive or loaded)) who have found love and have even gotten married. generally they seem to meet over the internet but they seem happy. one of them even married an austrian and moved to vienna and i was beastly jealous. all ive ever wanted was to live in vienna and it was so easy for him. he probably didnt even care, the jerk.

Good on them! The few gay men I know who are in their 50s live with their mothers.

Oh, Vienna. I was in Vienna a few weeks ago. It's still lovely. I listened to music and had delightful milk-cream strudel. I don't like drinking in Vienna, though; I feel the ghost of Freud is everywhere and judging me.

Yet I hear a lot of moping and airing of grievances from the likes of you.

Just listen to the music and enjoy it while you can.
Come on, the hall monitor thing is annoying.

Yet I hear a lot of moping and airing of grievances from the likes of you.

Just listen to the music and enjoy it while you can.
Strong rhetoric!

Without belittling whats happening in Turkey and Syria, it would be deeply ironic if this did happen. A song from an album originally released on the Harvest/Capitol label.

Astrologers, including myself predicted that there would be a large earthquakes this month. The Full Moon in Leo, opposing the Sun in Aquarius. being T-Squared by Uranus in Taurus guaranteed it.
We can expect more in the months to come going into 2025.

I just hope it's not the Cascadia fault next.

The other thing folks should be aware of is the entrance of Sedna into Gemini in 2024- this means the oceans will rise, and so will artificial intelligence - a dastardly combo for humanity. Staying human will be a challenge, but i'm optimistic and will keep trying.

Astrologers, including myself predicted that there would be a large earthquakes this month. The Full Moon in Leo, opposing the Sun in Aquarius. being T-Squared by Uranus in Taurus guaranteed it.
We can expect more in the months to come going into 2025.

I just hope it's not the Cascadia fault next.
well anything to make yourself interesting, i guess!

Feck me , they were called in as a replacement as his first choice didn't turn up - remember he was trying to get Supergrass and Elton John and a few others .
He wouldn't even speak to any of the band .
The ordinary boys manager knew M basically .
Meltdown was about things that influenced M and who he influenced, so a band called The Ordinary Boys fitted. I've met Preston a few times out in Brighton (I live in Hastings I'm in and out of Brighton a lot) . I can see why M wouldn't like him

OB weren't allowed anywhere near him at Meltdown. He asked that they not be allowed backstage when he was.
Also if you read his autobiography he makes a point of saying NME added new bands he didn't like to a M related CD giveaway- the ordinary boys being the main reason he said that.
Also I spoke to Boz once he confirmed it- though he was pissed to shit at the time .

I loved meltdown mate, met the New York Dolls there and Bobbie G from The Scream.
Actually, I think I can remember seeing James Maker outside smoking fags like a trooper- I regretted speaking to James at the time but after hearing some stories about him over the years, I'm happy I didn't

It was a thrill speaking to Bobby though, I do love the scream

Didn't know any of that about the OB's....do you know who the first choice were?
Meltdown was the first time since 1991 that I couldn't get a ticket to see Moz in London....just couldn't get a ticket. Went down on the day to see if could get one from a tout but no luck.

Andy Rourke.......I think he's seriously ill. Just my conjecture but I think it's obvious.

Attachments

• 329113203_491235299881376_5360200465953821543_n.jpg
    329113203_491235299881376_5360200465953821543_n.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 0
Andy Rourke.......I think he's seriously ill. Just my conjecture but I think it's obvious.
Yeah, I posted the same thing in the Strange/unexpected thread. It’s obvious something is seriously wrong. This is not the look of a healthy man. He obviously wants to stay private, but it’s impossible not to worry.

Back
Top Bottom