Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Do you seriously think Carlislebaz is gay? I would believe someone coming out as gay in their 50s if they had suffered quietly for decades in a mostly sexless marriage, particularly if they were living in a religious environment where disclosure would cost them family or friends or status. But this is not that. Carlislebaz has posted so many (way too many) poems on here about his randiness and his many sexual exploits; there can’t be any question about his love for the beaver. I guess he could be bisexual, but “gay” at this point seems laughable.

More importantly, I find it hard to believe he's in his 50s!

Do you seriously think Carlislebaz is gay? I would believe someone coming out as gay in their 50s if they had suffered quietly for decades in a mostly sexless marriage, particularly if they were living in a religious environment where disclosure would cost them family or friends or status. But this is not that. Carlislebaz has posted so many (way too many) poems on here about his randiness and his many sexual exploits; there can’t be any question about his love for the beaver. I guess he could be bisexual, but “gay” at this point seems laughable.
I really don’t think it’s as simple as this. I think a lot of working class people would have a hard time coming out as gay, especially the older they get. And especially if they’re from a small-ish town. And the fact that you take his poems at face value is really a naive way of looking at them. It hasn’t occurred to you that the reason he brags about his supposed sexual exploits with women is because he is hiding something? Or is in denial?

I think it’s obvious.

I really don’t think it’s as simple as this. I think a lot of working class people would have a hard time coming out as gay, especially the older they get. And especially if they’re from a small-ish town. And the fact that you take his poems at face value is really a naive way of looking at them. It hasn’t occurred to you that the reason he brags about his supposed sexual exploits with women is because he is hiding something? Or is in denial?

I think it’s obvious.

Well, I’ve never been there, but is Carlisle really that much of a bigoted backwater? I wouldn’t necessarily expect him to come out right away, but even here in the highly religious U.S., attitudes towards homosexuality, outside of the Bible Belt, were becoming pretty enlightened in the 1990s and certainly into the aughts. I would expect much the same in the UK. Especially for someone whose circle of friends consists of Morrissey concert-goers; I doubt his familiars would be judgmental or inhibiting there.

I guess his perverse poetry could be an indicator of denial, but it never struck me with that quality of over-compensating for anything secret; more like just the honest-to-goodness work of a sex-obsessed mind. Anyway, if he needed to cloak his homosexuality anywhere, a Morrissey forum would be one of the last places where that would be required (at least for most of its tenure, before Morrissey started to court 4chan and InfoWars followers—but El Bazzo was here well before they came along).

Surely it can’t be obvious if, as you put it earlier, it presented itself as “wholly unexpected.” If he has wearied of female partners and wants to experiment with having sex with men, then I have no criticism there, but this sudden announcement of “I’m gay” seems more like attention-grabbing. And here we are, giving it to him.

Last edited:
No need to be a smart ass mate .
I'm nearly 60 for feck sake. Been going to M related gigs since Smiths ones, from '84 onward, I went to a few gigs on every UK tour.
Went to a number of gigs on every UK tour since he first starting touring as a solo act .
So I ended up bumping into M here and fecking there (and Johnny,Andy and Mike )
I used to go to Camden alot from 88 to 96.
Which was around the time M was with Jake. Loads of people in the area knew Jake, those in the know, know why
I met Jake on his own, not with M. He was top bloke in someways , fecking scum bag in others .
I was into Rockabilly and the Polecats so met Boz a bunch of times and Alain. I've also been to one of Alains gigs while working in LA.

I met Linder a few times at Magazine gigs, at M's Ally Pally gig in the 90s, the Xmas one with Shane McGowan in support .
I've also been to a few of her shows , one in Cornwall and one in Mexico
I've never been a stalker stalker but I used to place myself in the action , too fecking old now
If you must fecking know I also met Howard Devoto a few times and Paul Weller and a feck load of indie folk Thom York , Ian Brown , Brett Anderson , Luke Haines , Liam Gallagher, Terry Hall (I loved that guy ) and all of Massive Attack (I'm from Bristol ), I met the Blur boys. Met the New Order crew and Bobby G from Primal Scream.
I live in Hastings so spend a load of time in Brighton, so I have met some of the Brighton and Hove crew ,
Nick Cave, Preston from the ordinary boys , all of Doll and the Kicks , Martin from Gene, one of The Levellers , singer from Royal Blood and even fecking Jordan (I made one song I think )

It's not hard mate , a couple on here have spoken about meeting Peter Hook when you go to a feck load of gigs you meet music people. Music bands go to other people's gigs , and the indie music scene is pretty small
Got halfway through this post before I lost all interest. And I didn’t start out with very much interest.

Well, I’ve never been there, but is Carlisle really that much of a bigoted backwater? I wouldn’t necessarily expect him to come out right away, but even here in the highly religious U.S., attitudes towards homosexuality, outside of the Bible Belt, were becoming pretty enlightened in the 1990s and certainly into the aughts. I would expect much the same in the UK. Especially for someone whose circle of friends consists of Morrissey concert-goers; I doubt his familiars would be judgmental or inhibiting there.

I guess his perverse poetry could be an indicator of denial, but it never struck me with that quality of over-compensating for anything secret; more like just the honest-to-goodness work of a sex-obsessed mind. Anyway, if he needed to cloak his homosexuality anywhere, a Morrissey forum would be one of the last places where that would be required (at least for most of its tenure, before Morrissey started to court 4chan and InfoWars followers—but El Bazzo was here long before they came along).

Surely it can’t be obvious if, as you put it earlier, it presented itself as “wholly unexpected.” If he has wearied of female partners and wants to experiment with having sex with men, then I have no criticism there, but this sudden announcement of “I’m gay” seems more like attention-grabbing. And here we are, giving it to him.
I have no knowledge about his circle of friends, but it seems to me that he’s working class and that he has a working class job. Those are not the most liberal of circumstances. As for Carlisle, I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s a “bigoted backwater”.

Some feel they need to cloak their sexuality in front of everyone, including themselves. If that means doing so on an internet site as well, so be it. I don’t find that particularly odd.

At first glance it was “wholly unexpected”, but mere minutes later it made perfect sense. That said, I wouldn’t be shocked to my core if he was indeed yanking our chains. He’s a rascal, after all, our Baz. But for now, I choose to believe him.

Reverse the charges, always reverse the charges. Especially on dodgy chat lines found in the Sunday sport newspaper. Just what I've heard mind....
used to love those adverts in the sunday sport.
Get Big Tits Here just dial 0909 744 6543.

Bus found on moon and dial a tit. 😀
guess where we are going,,,right to off topic.
always wondered how the most ludicrous thing could end up on the front page,i used to say i bet there is at least one person in the uk who thought these stories were true.

always wondered how the most ludicrous thing could end up on the front page,i used to say i bet there is at least one person in the uk who thought these stories were true.

Attachments

• 0_Jacko_Monkey_Inside.jpg
    0_Jacko_Monkey_Inside.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 0
I wonder how much they paid the people to use faces against some of the stories. Either way comedy gold mate.

its possible that baz might be gay. this reminds me of the time viva came out as being trans, and we all thought he was joking. we were all like "a big hulking ungainly bulk of a man like you, imagining he's female?! never!", yet he pushed through with it anyway, big knobby chin, jowls, sweaty cock and all.

now that i think of it, i cant think of a single female baz has ever made lusty comments about. sure, he's made grotesquely lascivious poems about women and their parts, where women were vague, faceless concepts. but i dont recall him throwing in his two cents, for example, during the amber heard conversation or any similar conversations (of course i dont really pay that much attention to baz, mind, so it's possible that he did and i didnt notice or have forgotten). he has, however, in the past said that neil is cute and recently that nicky is pretty. i know, i know, those things are just objective fact! but like i said, ive never heard him say that about a female.

im not going to congratulate him though, far from it, because if this is what his "coming out" looks like, then it's done with just as much tastelessness, buffoonery and cowardice as everything else he has ever done.

i will, however, extend my sympathies to the gay community, because im quite sure they dont want him either.

Last edited:
i think i know what baz's problem with me is now: im the gay man he's always wished he could be.

on that note, what do you guys think of my marc jacobs scarf with my r13 jacket??

is nicky-ish, yes?!

or how about my manics sweatshirt with my isabel marant blazer?

(i dont care what anyone says, thats a nice f***ing blazer!!)

or how about with these rockins scarves?? (ive never really liked scarves to be honest but i thought i should start wearing them now that nicky is my style muse and ive always liked these rockins scarves so i bought a few, and they're amazing! and nobody in town owns any like them! everyone here wears STUPID ratty hand knitted hippie scarves! anyway, two of them are STILL being held up with royal mail due to a ransomware attack and havent moved since jan 10th which is fine because im not in a hurry, but i do hope they arrive SOME DAY because i really really love these scarves!!)

(obviously i would not wear this one with this sweatshirt)

look at me, im oversharing!!!!!!

banbury that headline is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom