Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

I don't think Moz made a mistake. Moz is a clever guy. Moz doesn't think he made a mistake. He referred very clearly to the issue in the Q&A with his nephew in July 2021. No sign in that interview that he thinks he 'made a mistake' or 'didn't understand'. Just a sense of resignation and pessimism that nothing has changed in British politics, and that he was attacked because he had 'hit on something':

SAM:
The UK is very inhospitable now, and you were viciously attacked for your political comments two or three years ago. Where do you stand now?
M:
I still haven’t ever voted for a political party in my entire life, and my interest has curdled recently because, well, I was only attacked a couple of years ago because I had actually hit on something. If you talk dribble the press will not print your dribble. They might print a lengthy article on why I should be ignored, but by writing the article in the first place they show their own inability to ignore me! [laughs] Politically, Britain is now a spectacular failure, but I’m perfectly reconciled to the fact that the people will always revomit the same old parties into power. I’m not interested. A harmony of all interests isn’t possible, anyway, not in music or politics or in society. In the first place we always seem to be lumbered with a Prime Minister who, once elected, will not ever represent the wishes of the electorate. There really is nothing to believe in.

That "something" isn't the person or the party that he's cut dead.

That "something" isn't the person or the party that he's cut dead.
I think he means that he touched a nerve by suggesting that people should vote for somebody other than Labour or Tories in order to break the 2-party system. That's the 'something' he hit on that had to be attacked. And he doesn't regret advocating that. His only regret is that it didn't work and now he feels very disillusioned with politics. What do you think he meant when he said he had 'hit on something'?

I don't think many on here share your assessment of Karen's argument, goinghome, but you are entitled to your opinion. I think the general consensus is that Karen is well meaning and her heart is in the right place - but that, at best, she sees the world through rose tinted glasses.
This comes across to me as patronising, and using over-familiarity as power play. It/she/he/us/they = Malarkey, for purposes of this forum, for equal treatment.

On the other hand, sometimes when I encounter one and then the other of you going back and forth like hammer and tongs, I think of that film Crash, where collisions give people their main excuse to make contact, and I wonder if I've innocently strayed into the middle of a tryst gone sour? :oops:

I think he means that he touched a nerve by suggesting that people should vote for somebody other than Labour or Tories in order to break the 2-party system. That's the 'something' he hit on that had to be attacked. And he doesn't regret advocating that. His only regret is that it didn't work and now he feels very disillusioned with politics. What do you think he meant when he said he had 'hit on something'?

In June 2019 he wanted people to know he had no connection to a political party & that he wasn't a political activist:

I am not an activist, I have never voted for a political party, I do not belong to any political party... I do not believe the most important thing about a person is the colour of their skin.

In June 2019 he wanted people to know he had no connection to a political party & that he wasn't a political activist:

I am not an activist, I have never voted for a political party, I do not belong to any political party... I do not believe the most important thing about a person is the colour of their skin.
You haven't answered the question. You do that a lot.

Why the fu.ck does he book these outdoor shows in the winter then? How many decades of experience does he have and yet he doesn't know this by now? None of the guys up there seemed like they were suffering. They probably got annoyed by him being such a pussy. He couldn't go just 30 minutes more? F*CK YOU MOZ. You selfish prick.

This comes across to me as patronising, and using over-familiarity as power play. It/she/he/us/they = Malarkey, for purposes of this forum, for equal treatment.

On the other hand, sometimes when I encounter one and then the other of you going back and forth like hammer and tongs, I think of that film Crash, where collisions give people their main excuse to make contact, and I wonder if I've innocently strayed into the middle of a tryst gone sour? :oops:
Not sure from that if you think I was being patronising to you or to Karen? I’m sorry, goinghome, as you come across as a thoughtful and reflective human being. I perceived your post as fairly hostile and attacking, however, so I thought a bit of mild patronisation was a fairly restrained response. Same goes for Karen, who has accused me of being a fascist / Nazi on several occasions, which really is quite insulting. And she doesn’t get the irony of that when she is on here defending Morrissey against the same accusation. She has even accused me of being ReelFountain. I believe she did the same to Aubrey McFate. A mildly patronising response is pretty restrained in return. I don’t like a shouting match or hurling insults, cathartic as that can sometimes be.
I think we would all agree that MozSolo is at its best when it’s a fairly civil and friendly exchange of ideas, views, opinions, experiences etc. whilst leaving room for a bit of humour, satire, and taking the piss when needed. Not sure if your post about boxing was designed to help lower the temperature of the exchange, goinghome? I’m also not sure if most people would share your assessment of the debate / argument - Karen has a habit of not answering the question and being evasive, so I'm not sure how that is 'pounding' her opponents, to use your phrase - but, as I said, it’s for people to take their own view on that. I think many on here are just bored by the argument, that is clear. Whereas clearly Karen and I could argue about Morrissey til the cows come home.

You're deflecting from the fact he said he had no connection to a political party & wasn't a political activist & wasn't prejudiced at a time he was being accused of prejudice because of a party.
He said he had no connection to a political party. Agreed. Never said he did.
[He said] he wasn't a political activist. Agreed. Never said he was.
[He said] he wasn't prejudiced. Agreed. Never said he was.
But Moz did advise the general public to vote differently than Labour and Tory.
And he suggested he was attacked because he had 'hit on something' by doing this.
I'm trying to clarify what it is you think he had 'hit on'?

He said he had no connection to a political party. Agreed. Never said he did.
[He said] he wasn't a political activist. Agreed. Never said he was.
[He said] he wasn't prejudiced. Agreed. Never said he was.
But Moz did advise the general public to vote differently than Labour and Tory.
And he suggested he was attacked because he had 'hit on something' by doing this.
I'm trying to clarify what it is you think he had 'hit on'?

The question wasn't that specific - so I think he's just saying that his opinions weren't hateful & the press knew that & attacked him because they didn't like him.

The question wasn't that specific - so I think he's just saying that his opinions weren't hateful & the press knew that & attacked him because they didn't like him.
There was nothing hateful about what Moz advised, I agree.
I’m perfectly reconciled to the fact that the people will always revomit the same old parties into power.
He's clearly suggesting what he had 'hit on' was advising people to vote for something other than the 'same old parties', to go against the status quo, and that's why he was attacked.

There was nothing hateful about what Moz advised, I agree.
I’m perfectly reconciled to the fact that the people will always revomit the same old parties into power.
He's clearly suggesting what he had 'hit on' was advising people to vote for something other than the 'same old parties', to go against the status quo, and that's why he was attacked.

He'd been against the 2 party system since 2004 - he was just giving up on politics - hoping to enjoy his life & keep the place he'd earned in the business.

that so funny. i used to have a crush on macgyver when i was like 8 and so i would always watch it and it was a joke that it was my show. but i havent seen it since then and cannot for the life of me picture what he used to look like, yet there have been a couple neil pics that have made me think 'macgyver' when i saw them (recently that one i posted of him with the asian broad). ill have to look up macgyver to see if they actuall bear any resemblance. that'd be so funny if someone stopped him on the street thinking he was macgyver.

MacGyver, to the extent he resembles Neil Codling, is a mulletted version with a broader nose and not as gaunt in the face. It doesn't work entirely. "Skinny Meatloaf" might be closer, and is certainly a lot funnier. Who came up with that one?

864bb7c282d243a8df93037064978cd2.png

MacGyver, to the extent he resembles Neil Codling, is a mulletted version with a broader nose and not as gaunt in the face. It doesn't work entirely. "Skinny Meatloaf" might be closer, and is certainly a lot funnier. Who came up with that one?

864bb7c282d243a8df93037064978cd2.png
they do look alike around the eye/eyebrow region now that neil's eyebrows have fallen and he no longer tweezes them.

you came up with "skinny meatloaf" apparently. all i said was that someone on instagram said he looked like meatloaf, not necessarily skinny meatloaf. though it would have to be, wouldnt it?

Yes, if it's the flu that's been going around (not COVID) there's nothing to do but get rest and have it run its course. It could very well result in more than 2 shows being canceled. Of course, we hope it's something less severe and they'll be back at it sooner.
Pretty sure I have a respiratory flu that isn’t Covid right now and it’s f***ing awful. I’ve had it since Thursday afternoon and it’s gotten only worse in the last two days. At parts during the day I’m okay, but when I lay down to sleep that’s when the coughing starts. Even worse, my girl is recovering from majorly surgery right now and she has it too. I feel like an asshole.

Pretty sure I have a respiratory flu that isn’t Covid right now and it’s f***ing awful. I’ve had it since Thursday afternoon and it’s gotten only worse in the last two days. At parts during the day I’m okay, but when I lay down to sleep that’s when the coughing starts. Even worse, my girl is recovering from majorly surgery right now and she has it too. I feel like an asshole.

You might have RSV - something that usually children get - but I'm hearing that it's spreading widely among adults as well. I think it's what I got... but not 100% sure... I just never tested positive for COVID.

I can have a suspicion, but I can’t know. Just like we can’t know for sure it isn’t Morrissey posting this dreck on the website. People think it’s Rayner, but that’s just an educated guess.

It’s possible for a kid his age to genuinely like Morrissey, and most of our pre-adolescent endeavors are cringe-worthy like this one is. If there’s an adult hand behind it, all the worse.
is that your passport photo in your thumbnail,as big arnie said in predator your one ugly mother...... ,

is that your passport photo in your thumbnail,as big arnie said in predator your one ugly mother...... ,

The person in my avatar is Aubrey Beardsley, and he had an excellent look. Yours is a boring "I copy Morrissey's lame homoerotic interests."

The person in my avatar is Aubrey Beardsley, and he had an excellent look. Yours is a boring "I copy Morrissey's lame homoerotic interests."
eh iv been a fan of bruce lee since 1978 in my second year in high school,this is before anybody had even heard of morrissey.bruce isnt homoerotic hes hyper-masculinity,in other words every man would want to be like bruce.
regardiing the picture he looks like gareth from the office.

eh iv been a fan of bruce lee since 1978 in my second year in high school,this is before anybody had even heard of morrissey.bruce isnt homoerotic hes hyper-masculinity,in other words every man would want to be like bruce.

"Hyper-masculinity" is just about one of the worst things I can think of. It's a perversion of Morrissey's that he's compelled by that stuff.

regardiing the picture he looks like gareth from the office.

I guess I can see it in the bowl cut with the severe center part, but Beardsley had a beautiful aquiline nose that the Gareth actor does not. He was most striking in profile, which my avatar now reflects.

Back
Top Bottom