Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

I initially thought you were being ironic where in your avatar you have two totally idiotic misspellings that only complete illiterates make, in the same sentence in which you call other people idiots

LOL! But no, it turns out you really are low IQ

How did you get through life until now posting the type of comment I’m quoting of yours in this post? Is it like, you literally wake up every day and you cross your fingers and you just have to hope for the best? :rofl:

Fascinating!
You’re no more the idiot then responding to me. Congratulations.

This is for Tameside Les🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
A3DE0FDF-9B42-4DC8-8B79-AFA81A1D52B4.jpeg

would make a lovely gatefold image.

But don't you think his backdrops are less inspired these days? Frank Sinatra, the New York Dolls, Oscar Wilde; it's boilerplate "things Morrissey loves," whereas the laughing Harvey Keitel and the aging Edith Sitwell had more of a mystique to them. And monochromatic is better than gaudy. I think he had Maria Falconetti as St. Joan in the 2010s. That may have been the last really good one.

But don't you think his backdrops are less inspired these days? Frank Sinatra, the New York Dolls, Oscar Wilde; it's boilerplate "things Morrissey loves," whereas the laughing Harvey Keitel and the aging Edith Sitwell had more of a mystique to them. And monochromatic is better than gaudy. I think he had Maria Falconetti as St. Joan in the 2010s. That may have been the last really good one.

I agree, but I still enjoy the new ones, yes some are better than others. And he was wearing that shirt with Ena Sharples on it,
so it’s all a balance for me.

Just got me thinking, back in 91/92 with backdrops like Harvey Keitel and Edith Sitwell, he also talked less, if at all between songs. Just wondering if there is a connection with the gradual evolution of him opening up and talking more on stage and his choice of backdrops. Being more ‘mysterious’ back then. What do you think?

Just got me thinking, back in 91/92 with backdrops like Harvey Keitel and Edith Sitwell, he also talked less, if at all between songs. Just wondering if there is a connection with the gradual evolution of him opening up and talking more on stage and his choice of backdrops. Being more ‘mysterious’ back then. What do you think?

Yes, I agree. The lack of chattiness also added to the mystique. But I think his talking more hasn't ruined things there, because he's very amusing, and it's almost like Morrissey (for me) could offer any random commentary he felt like, forever, and never exhaust my interest.

It's the same with interviews, which come so much more infrequently. But I still get the same thrill just before reading a Morrissey interview as I did when was nineteen, and still hang on every word, even if his interviewer is the nephew, or the Dodwell sycophant under a pseudonym, and even if he now makes detached-from-reality observations like almond milk outstrips dairy milk in supermarkets. The charisma will always be there, I think. But the backdrops go in the opposite direction. A bot or anyone with a cursory knowledge of him could make most of the current ones. Maybe it's another thing he's delegated to the nephew.

We looked around . . . we are all getting very old: us, and him. We all beat on, endlessly into the past, as someone once said. Is the new music any good? Not really. We had hitherto condemned 'Black Cloud' to be the 'career' low but . . . SE,TTR . . . what a bitter, curmudgeonly and humourless way to waste three minutes of your life: him, moaning about his money. Please, if this is as good as it can get these days. . . perhaps, enough. Still, the old ones come back to pat our heads and we shell out, stand out and listen. But, we're all getting towards the end, all our tanks are running low, not long now.

Still! Blackpool! The lights! The noise! The nonces and the rough trade! We loved that bit. Funnily enough, the spectacle of THAT gig in THIS place seems oddly apt, the two experiences sit so well together. Two tatty old whores down on their luck yet dreaming of better days and still getting up each morning to slap on the stick and hit the streets once again, that's Me and Mr Shandy, Blackpool and HIM.

Mr Shandy and myself will be doing a pilgrimage of the piers later then a train back to Manchester mid-afternoon. Will we ever return?

The clocks go back soon. The clocks go back. Back.
Does anyone know what this gibberish is supposed to mean?

This touches on what I and many others have been saying for years. Morrissey misses England. England of yore. He doesn’t recognize England anymore. He doesn’t recognize the people nor the culture. And if a party comes along that seems to feel the same way, it’s easy to latch on.
I wonder what Morrissey thinks of those woke twats British Sea Power who dropped the "British" from their name to call themselves Sea Power because they didn't want to offend people with the words British and Power together. I can't even listen to their albums anymore. That's about as lame as it gets.

Does anyone know what this gibberish is supposed to mean?
hes a nutbag,another aztec with his california son mince,soon as you see the name scroll past,waste of a post.

hes a nutbag,another aztec with his california son mince,soon as you see the name scroll past,waste of a post.
Oooh! You're a bold one! I say, YOU'RE A BOLD ONE!

I hate this asshole, has he ever even met one classic song he doesn't want to ruin
:( I was minding my own business listening to The Cars and this happened
(yes, I know he inducted them into the RR Hall of Fame, but still.....)

I wonder what Morrissey thinks of those woke twats British Sea Power who dropped the "British" from their name to call themselves Sea Power because they didn't want to offend people with the words British and Power together. I can't even listen to their albums anymore. That's about as lame as it gets.
What?! That’s extreme. Imagine being that sensitive. Sensitive to the point of being absolutely paranoid. I agree, about as lame as it gets.

What?! That’s extreme. Imagine being that sensitive. Sensitive to the point of being absolutely paranoid. I agree, about as lame as it gets.
It's a shame because they were such an original sounding and looking band. They wore various military uniforms on stage and performed at great maritime locations. Their design and artwork was completely unique.

Granted their albums have kind of trailed off in quality since 2013 or so but their name was never meant to be about British Naval superiority at all. It was all about the strange kind of beauty of ships, ports and exploring.

So instead of keeping the name they decide to pander to the stupidest person in the room. What do I do with my albums now? Scratch out the word British?

Back
Top Bottom