Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Anything I can do to help? Can they not send the electronic ticket to an email address?

When I bought tickets for Nick Cave I had to register a new Ticketmaster account and then download the Ticketmaster app and all that bollocks only to find they sold tickets at the venue on the night. Maybe you can buy them there?
well ticketmaster redirects me to "ticketleader" which only offers mobile delivery of the tickets, so anyone who doesnt have a phone is out of luck. so i emailed both the venue, as per k-kets suggestion, and ticket leader to see if there's anything that can be done. ket also suggested that i stand outside the venue on the night of the concert with a sign saying "ticket needed" which im not sure im bold enough to do (but mayyyyyyybbbbbe for neil i would be).

it sucks!!! a phone should NOT be required to go to a concert!!!!!

maybe i should just buy a phone? but it seems soooooooo complicated and stressful having to figure it out!!! and yet not going to see suede on my one and maybe only chance just because i dont have a phone (which i need anyway, because i need to look for a new job) would be such a poor excuse!

even if i cant go to the concert, i think ill still go and hang around vancouver when they're in town, on the off chance that i might run into them. maybe see if i can catch them at soundcheck? (another suggestion by k-ket who has been MOST helpful!)

well ticketmaster redirects me to "ticketleader" which only offers mobile delivery of the tickets, so anyone who doesnt have a phone is out of luck. so i emailed both the venue, as per k-kets suggestion, and ticket leader to see if there's anything that can be done. ket also suggested that i stand outside the venue on the night of the concert with a sign saying "ticket needed" which im not sure im bold enough to do (but mayyyyyyybbbbbe for neil i would be).

maybe i should just buy a phone? but it seems soooooooo complicated and stressful having to figure it out!!! and yet not going to see suede on my one and maybe only chance just because i dont have a phone (which i need anyway, because i need to look for a new job) would be such a poor excuse!

even if i cant go to the concert, i think ill still go and hang around vancouver when they're in town, on the off chance that i might run into them. maybe see if i can catch them at soundcheck? (another suggestion by k-ket who has been MOST helpful!)

That all sounds awfully complicated. :(

A phone is probably a good investment, especially when looking for a new job. I am in support of this idea.

I bought tickets in the U.K. via my laptop yesterday. The ‘mobile’ ticket was sent to via email which can then be printed out. You don’t need a phone. Good luck 🫶

I bought tickets in the U.K. via my laptop yesterday. The ‘mobile’ ticket was sent to via email which can then be printed out. You don’t need a phone. Good luck 🫶
oh my gosh, really??! will they still be able to scan in at the door if it's just a print out?! maybe ill just buy one and see. but do you need a phone number in order to buy one?? (and if so can i use a fake one??)

Try these two albums by TT , A product of.... and Set.
These were well before their commercial stuff.

I listened to A Product Of... last night, Carlislebaz. Not my cup of tea (I don't think I'll listen to Set), but it's abrasive and not the synthpop I was "slating" them for earlier. In fact, I had them confused a little bit with The Human League. I thought the Thompson Twins did Don't You Want Me. Well, anyway, I was judging them purely on the hits they had here in America, which I think they can be slated for.

oh my gosh, really??! will they still be able to scan in at the door if it's just a print out?! maybe ill just buy one and see. but do you need a phone number in order to buy one?? (and if so can i use a fake one??)
No. You’ll be fine. I didn’t need any phone to buy the tickets. I bought tickets from both Ticketmaster and See Tickets and I was able to buy tickets from both vendors using my account for both vendors.
When I have QR codes on my phone, I always print the tickets anyway as backup just in case technology fails 🙂

I listened to A Product Of... last night, Carlislebaz. Not my cup of tea (I don't think I'll listen to Set), but it's abrasive and not the synthpop I was "slating" them for earlier. In fact, I had them confused a little bit with The Human League. I thought the Thompson Twins did Don't You Want Me. Well, anyway, I was judging them purely on the hits they had here in America, which I think they can be slated for.
At least you listened and tried😇
They were my first love in pop music when I was 15.
Then I discovered The Smiths.
They were from Manchester....
Ever heard of them 😉

Listen to Prefab Sprout instead:

Paddy McAloon on All Boys Believe Anything/The Ice Maiden:

"This is a medley about being 16 and seeing Agnetha from Abba on Top of the Pops and being impressed by this Swedish version of glamour. Then when you're older you realise it's not as sophisticated as all that." - Tracks, September 1990
The Ice Maiden

Standing on the boulevard
You wish to know my name
I'm the Ice Maiden
I think perhaps you like being unhappy
I'm the Ice Maiden
The limit of your dreams
Arctic winds blow and still you believe
Love makes you one of the chosen
Die in the snow
I'll never grieve
So what if tomorrow you're frozen
Death is a small price for heaven

Welcome to the glow of high octane affairs
Esperanto style and blond disheveled hair
Subterranean streams, duckling you're a swan
Infinities of dreams imploding into one
All those nights I dreamt of you
I wonder where they've gone
You're the Ice Maiden

Standing on the boulevard
I've always known your name
You're the Ice Maiden
Let you and I grow frosty together
You're the Ice Maiden
Today you meet your match

Girl when I burn
Hell, nothing's the same
I'll singe your pretty blond lashes
We're talking fire
We're talking flame
We're talking ice into ashes
But death is a small price for heaven

All those nights I dreamt of you
I wonder where they've gone
Girl when I burn
Hell, nothing's the same
I'll singe your pretty blond lashes
We're talking fire
We're talking flame
We're talking ice into ashes
But death is a small price for heaven

No. You’ll be fine. I didn’t need any phone to buy the tickets. I bought tickets from both Ticketmaster and See Tickets and I was able to buy tickets from both vendors using my account for both vendors.
When I have QR codes on my phone, I always print the tickets anyway as backup just in case technology fails 🙂
alright, just bought a ticket!!!!!! :rock: thanks janice!!! i didnt get to pick which ticket, so i hope its a good one! the email with the ticket is only going to be sent to me 48 hours before the date, which means i have to find some place in vancouver where i can print it. the hotel im staying at will print it for me, right??

Great to hear. Call hotel in advance to make sure they can print it for you. But it may be better to go to a office supplies/xerox place, call in advance to make sure they can print it out. Bring your laptop (have one?) with you.
Idiot.

Just email it to a friend (if you have one) and ask them to print off for you.

FFS how hard are you making this?

Great to hear. Call hotel in advance to make sure they can print it for you. But it may be better to go to a office supplies/xerox place, call in advance to make sure they can print it out. Bring your laptop (have one?) with you.
I'm sure they will and if not they can probably advise me of a place to get it printed.
It's a pdf so would I just forward that to the hotel or office supplies place? Or would I have to log into my account on their computer? Yes I have a lap top!!

I'm sure they will and if not they can probably advise me of a place to get it printed.

It's a pdf so would I just forward that to the hotel or office supplies place?
Yep. Just make sure they get your forwarded pdf before you go out there to collect the print out, assuming you won’t be lugging your laptop around with you. But hopefully the hotel can do it for you, but I’d call in advance just so you’re not running around last minute.
Or would I have to log into my account on their computer? Yes I have a lap top!!

You do know he’s on a TTs percentage?

Idiot.

Just email it to a friend (if you have one) and ask them to print off for you.

FFS how hard are you making this?
ill be in vancouver, since they only send the ticket 48 hours before the concert. dont know anyone except light housework in vancouver. seems like you're the idiot.

and please dont butt into my conversations to slag off the lovely ket. nobody asked you.

Yep. Just make sure they get your forwarded pdf before you go out there to collect the print out, assuming you won’t be lugging your laptop around with you. But hopefully the hotel can do it for you, but I’d call in advance just so you’re not running around last minute.
i will take my laptop! im gonna arrive there the day before the concert, so ill ask them then. ill have plenty of time, and if worse comes to worse ill just go down to the venue (around soundcheck time teehee) and see if theyll print it!

by the way, what time does the sound check thingie take place? will both suede and MSP be doing it? what if i go there and it's just lousy MSP? and where do i go, the back doors??

Back
Top Bottom