Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

anyway, im off to bed! night all!:tiphat:

Yes, I did mention your name because like I said to you, you sometimes just dont know when to stop and I was pointing that out. Sometimes when people mention my name I don't respond to it, and sometimes I do. I don't think I said anything vicious or mean to Aubrey about you, but it bothered you enough to respond, so ok, I will own my responsibility in that.
Yes, it bothered me because I didn’t find it fair.

And I’m not sure if it’s me who don’t know when to stop or if it’s you not being able to cope with being told off or talked back to. I see you did the same thing with Rifke.

FYI, Aubrey is the one who first introduced the trench coat to the discussion. I just said “black-clad”.

You're right. I think when you said "black-clad," my mind went to the trope of the black-trench-coated school psycho, and for some reason I recalled one of Paul Dano's earlier roles, in the movie Little Miss Sunshine, where his character had dyed black hair and read Nietzsche and wore a t-shirt that said "Jesus Was Wrong." I think I took your meaning correctly. And actually, the black-clad teenager is not a bad thing to be likened to. "I wear black on the outside because black is how I feel on the inside." It's good to be opinionated and principled and hate your enemies, and to wallow in gloom and despair. The world really is full of crashing bores.

instead of chowed down, you could've said dined voraciously on.

No way. Too clunky. "Chowed down" is more streamlined and, in its not being sophisticated, evokes the primal appetite of the oaf who fails to concern himself with why soy cheese ought to be preferred to dairy cheese.

You're right. I think when you said "black-clad," my mind went to the trope of the black-trench-coated school psycho, and for some reason I recalled one of Paul Dano's earlier roles, in the movie Little Miss Sunshine, where his character had dyed black hair and read Nietzsche and wore a t-shirt that said "Jesus Was Wrong." I think I took your meaning correctly. And actually, the black-clad teenager is not a bad thing to be likened to. "I wear black on the outside because black is how I feel on the inside." It's good to be opinionated and principled and hate your enemies, and to wallow in gloom and despair. The world really is full of crashing bores.
I actually agree with what you’re saying. Have we come full circle?

I was perusing Amber Heard gifs yesterday, and I think the best one was this. It's too kinetic for a signature, though. A really good gif has to be slow and fluid, and the transition from finish to start should not be too jolting.

f4d4fbc0235f1dfca723ca20f649144a.gif

No way. Too clunky. "Chowed down" is more streamlined and, in its not being sophisticated, evokes the primal appetite of the oaf who fails to concern himself with why soy cheese ought to be preferred to dairy cheese.
Maybe said in your fly over state accent it may have sounded clunky. Said in my transatlantic accent it would not have, I assure you. 'Chowed down' would've sounded clunky in my accent. I guess it's all about who you perceive your audience to be, but chowed down is just such a gross term.

I live in the South now, but am originally from New Jersey, and have no flyover state accent. I think one wants gross terms, though, when describing gross activities.

"...the Big Mac pleasure of fat-podge children whose candidature for roly-poly vicious porkiness makes their plungingly plump parents laugh loudly, as little junior blubber-guts orders yet another Superburger with tub-of-guts determination to stuff death into round bellies, and such kids come to resemble their parents as ten pounds of shit in a five-pound bag."

So in other words MY signature gif is PERFECT

It is, in terms of its fluidity. There was a user on here, ¡Viva Hate!, whose posts I enjoyed, but at one point their signature was a long scroll of a repeated gif of some K-pop cheerleader in triplicate doing a pom-pom dance, and it was highly irritating. Which I'm sure was the intention.

I live in the South now, but am originally from New Jersey, and have no flyover state accent. I think one wants gross terms, though, when describing gross activities.

"...the Big Mac pleasure of fat-podge children whose candidature for roly-poly vicious porkiness makes their plungingly plump parents laugh loudly, as little junior blubber-guts orders yet another Superburger with tub-of-guts determination to stuff death into round bellies, and such kids come to resemble their parents as ten pounds of shit in a five-pound bag."

It is, in terms of its fluidity. There was a user on here, ¡Viva Hate!, whose posts I enjoyed, but at one point their signature was a long scroll of a repeated gif of some K-pop cheerleader in triplicate doing a pom-pom dance, and it was highly irritating. Which I'm sure was the intention.
no. no to that whole entire word salad dumpster fire. a big no.

it's perfect in every way. the thing that makes it most perfect is the adorable delight of the featured little sylph who knows he was put on this earth to be adored and admired and who, in finding that he was to be filmed, curled his hair in order to look like the pretty pretty princess he is especially for the occasion. also, the provocative hint of alabaster smooth and silken-skinned chest flanked on each side by slabs of sexy sexy leather.

yeah, viva hate was a total cretin. you can turn off sigs you know, which is what i did when viva was around and what i would do if you added an amber heard gif to yours.

if you have to use gross terms to describe gross activities, then dont describe gross activities. simple. there certainly arent going to be any gross words or activities in my novel.

i have insomnia again and it f***ing sucks. its coincided with a sudden onset of early morning shifts at work which means that ive been having to call in a lot because i simply didnt get any sleep the night before. i dont even know if not getting any sleep is a legitimate excuse for calling in to work, but it bloody well should be. i shouldnt be expected to go in on no sleep, and with a massive headache on top of it. i know they're going to be annoyed with me anyway, though, especially after the billion word email i just sent them in my sleep deprived state about the whole situation.

if you have to use gross terms to describe gross activities, then dont describe gross activities. simple. there certainly arent going to be any gross words or activities in my novel.

No “bulbous salutation” or the like for Neil, then, I take it.

And did we just get an excerpt from your novel up there?

the other good thing about MY gif is that it doesnt feature a domestic abuser!!!

That is true of her, but then we have to consider that Johnny Depp is a “bro,” and sometimes the only language a “bro” understands is violence. The basic attitude of a “bro” is brutish and callous, and she may’ve simply been giving as good as she got.

That is true of her, but then we have to consider that Johnny Depp is a “bro,” and sometimes the only language a “bro” understands is violence. The basic attitude of a “bro” is brutish and callous, and she may’ve simply been giving as good as she got.
i dont know, who said he was brutish and callous? he seems to be a lovely, shy man. i will concede that it was probably infuriating to be married to him, with his drug and alcohol problems. a young girl doesnt want to marry someone and find out that that hes all old and used up and set in his ways and that a new life and new love isnt enough to wrench him out of his drug addled state. ive often thought i might've acting the same as her with the rages and abuse--just not the manipulation. that is, i probably wouldve been a jerk to him out of frustration, but unlike amber i wouldve known i was being a jerk and felt bad about it afterwards, since, after all, im not a narcissist.

I see you are at it again. One of my relatives is terminally ill, I am at the hospital a lot, and there's a lot of down time, which I spend on my phone on the internet if there is not another relative here to visit with or I am not needed for something else.
I do not want and do not need to participate in your mind numbingly foolish conversations, which are usually very negative. I do not owe anyone an explanation or a conversation. "Being told off" or 'being talked back' are NOT conversations, they are arguments and I am not interested, for the f***ing one millionth time. You asking if I believe the Holocaust happened is f***ing stupid, because that is about the level of your discourse. Take your dumb shit to someone who is interested.
if you're not interested in engaging with him, stop responding. it's that simple.

you have this american take-charge-"i call the shots" attitude which is really off putting and not a good way to engage with people. it's what makes american tourists stick out like a sore thumb when they go to places like, say, paris, and its the reason i thought from the beginning that you didnt really fit in here.

I was perusing Amber Heard gifs yesterday, and I think the best one was this. It's too kinetic for a signature, though. A really good gif has to be slow and fluid, and the transition from finish to start should not be too jolting.

f4d4fbc0235f1dfca723ca20f649144a.gif
She is ridiculously hot.

Back
Top Bottom