Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

a person with a sophisticated vocabulary should never use the term "chowed down".

aint nothing wrong with a black trench coat, but a teenager in a black trench coat is a bit like a bunny with a briefcase.

now, im not saying im opposed to seeing a bunny carrying a briefcase. im just saying that probably no one is gonna take the brief case carrying bunny as seriously as he takes himself, as conveyed by the fact that he's carrying a brief case. because at the end of the day, he's just a bunny.

That's true. I remember the first vegan I ever knew was a classmate of mine in high school in the 80s who was straight edge and listened to Fugazi and wore black trench coats and combat boots. He had a unisex name and was soft-spoken and principled and not psychotic at all. We were having lunch in the cafeteria one day and he took a brick of soy cheese out of his lunch kit and sliced it and kindly offered us pieces. We were dismissive and poked a little bit of fun at him while we chowed down on our school-issue Ellio's pizza slices. I still feel bad about that. I tried looking him up when I joined Facebook briefly many years ago, with the intention of apologizing for something he probably doesn't even recall or give a f*ck about, but he wasn't on.
Now I want Elio's pizza :(
I do and have seen goth kids wear them with boots/Docs and there's a less dressier trench that is not double breasted and does not have a belt. I used to have one like that too, it was actually a men's coat, and wore it a lot and I was out of high school by then. It made a tshirt and jeans even look a little better, classic. Some things never go out of style and always look good.
I think we all have that incident we regret, would go back and change, etc., actually more than one. I do remember one incident, someone told me a lie about a male friend of mine and this friend who told me said 'if you are really my friend you will believe me about this and stop talking to him'. It was not anything scandalous, but I discussed it with him and accused him of being the liar, because my other friend would never lie to me - also, I was 16. I did actually get in touch with him years later and apologized and explained and we are FB friends now. He understood the position I was put in and that I was being played by someone who was highly manipulative, so it felt good to clear the air there. Maybe you will get your chance some day, but don't be so hard on yourself.

By “commercial,” are you excluding Erykah Badu? She’s not as famous or as prolific as Beyoncé, but she charts pretty decently.
I would not include her, no. I’m talking proper mainstream.

People only associate black trenches with school shooters because of Columbine, it's just an immature insult from Gregor, he never quite knows when to stop
FYI, Aubrey is the one who first introduced the trench coat to the discussion. I just said “black-clad”.

And maybe more of us should learn from you, who stop and back away the second you’re being challenged.

FYI, Aubrey is the one who first introduced the trench coat to the discussion. I just said “black-clad”.

And maybe more of us should learn from you, who stop and back away the second you’re being challenged.
If I ever want to have a discussion with you, which is unlikely, I will let you know. This will be the third time I have to tell you that I just do not find you interesting.

If I ever want to have a discussion with you, which is unlikely, I will let you know. This will be the third time I have to tell you that I just do not find you interesting.
And the third time you’ve proven you have nothing to say.

And the third time you’ve proven you have nothing to say.
I have nothing to say to you, I actually don't like you so I don't know why you keep trying to talk to me. I tried to be less in your face about it and just say I don't find you interesting, but I actually mean I don't like you, I don't think you have anything to say, I don't think you add anything to conversations and you are just obnoxious. Hope that's clear now.

I have nothing to say to you, I actually don't like you so I don't know why you keep trying to talk to me. I tried to be less in your face about it and just say I don't find you interesting, but I actually mean I don't like you, I don't think you have anything to say, I don't think you add anything to conversations and you are just obnoxious. Hope that's clear now.
How am I supposed to react to an anonymous online stranger stating they don’t like my online M Solo persona? All I really can do is shrug. Shrug and say likewise. I think you’re politically nightmarish and rhetorically dumb. I expect you to shrug this off as well.

And I don’t try and talk to you. This time, you mentioned my name when speaking to Aubrey.

How am I supposed to react to an anonymous online stranger stating they don’t like my online M Solo persona? All I really can do is shrug. Shrug and say likewise. I think you’re politically nightmarish and rhetorically dumb. I expect you to shrug this off as well.

And I don’t try and talk to you. This time, you mentioned my name when speaking to Aubrey.
What I think is that people (not just me) ask you to back off sometimes and you do not respect the request. I think you should maybe examine that. I think you would be more likeable if you would just respect boundaries and other points of view. I would be more willing to talk to you if you just would back off sometimes.

What I think is that people (not just me) ask you to back off sometimes and you do not respect the request. I think you should maybe examine that. I think you would be more likeable if you would just respect boundaries and other points of view. I would be more willing to talk to you if you just would back off sometimes.
Point taken! But like I said, you mentioned my name. I was discussing with Aubrey and you butted in and mentioned my name. But sure, I’m sure I can be a bit insistent sometimes.

who do you like though?

forgive me, but you dont seem to like anyone, which seems to be your most commonly expressed sentiment which makes one wonder why you come here at all.

gregor isnt actually obnoxious. as sentimental as a menopausal woman at times, yes. an ungenerous hard ass (to nice bunny-identified peoples anyways) at other times, yes. but obnoxious, no.

who do you like though?

forgive me, but you dont seem to like anyone, which seems to be your most commonly expressed sentiment which makes one wonder why you come here at all.

gregor isnt actually obnoxious. as sentimental as a menopausal woman at times, yes. an ungenerous hard ass (to nice bunny-identified peoples anyways) at other times, yes. but obnoxious, no.
I love these descriptions. Especially the first one. Absolutely fabulous.

You’re growing on me, Rifke. I can’t believe it, but here we are.

Point taken! But like I said, you mentioned my name. I was discussing with Aubrey and you butted in and mentioned my name. But sure, I’m sure I can be a bit insistent sometimes.
Yes, I did mention your name because like I said to you, you sometimes just dont know when to stop and I was pointing that out. Sometimes when people mention my name I don't respond to it, and sometimes I do. I don't think I said anything vicious or mean to Aubrey about you, but it bothered you enough to respond, so ok, I will own my responsibility in that.

who do you like though?

You have already told me you find me unlikeable even tho I have done absolutely nothing to you, there isn't anything for us to discuss.

Back
Top Bottom