Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Vex ....... V Tyson Fury
7618209C-47C4-4BD0-AB82-3E682B5D35B7.jpeg

When you write “no,” what you are saying is “this is inconceivable to me as it doesn’t fit my narrative.”

Of course Morrissey couldn’t know specifically how the quote would be used, but this comes years after another random gig in another country where he said of Madonna, “I wouldn’t be surprised if she made that African boy into a coat and wore him. “ That random quote took on a life of its own.

To believe as you do is to deny him his agency. He is just a lifeboat adrift on the sea, helpless and looking for rescue, for your theories to be correct. Actually, he mastered the art of the quote at the beginning of The Smith’s career. He is not dumb, and dumb is what he would have to be not to recognize the value of these statements you believe are random.

I do take your point that he stopped speaking to the NME, but they confronted him and he has shown he doesn’t like that and doesn’t do well with it. Der Spiegel is one example, but I have already written enough about that. Instead I offer the example of when he said his former record company refused to rerelease “Paris,” and then when they released the emails showing this was not true, he dropped it.

Maybe something clicked and he realized that being shown wanting to capitalize on a terror attack was a little further than he wanted to be seen doing publicly. Capitalize is the exact thing he wanted to do, as they offered to do the release once an agreement was in place giving proceeds to the victims. That ended the discussion but he still expected to get away with the lie, and even named the record executive publicly, possibly hoping for “Beyhive” type harassment.

Anyway, they usually just say, “Oh , that naughty Morrissey is at it again,” but if they say too much he will sue, in rare cases, or simply deny and , if proof appears, change the subject. There are always some fans that will defend him no matter how weak the case may be.

Anyway, he is either an idiot or a troll and I lean towards “troll.”

No - I'm saying if he wanted it to be picked up he'd say it somewhere more likely. He'd also repeat the same patter on a regular basis.

If you're trolling for coverage you wouldn't be upset when you get it - you'd be capitalising on your troll.

He's been in wars with record companies to get advertising budgets & releases - the Paris thing was just part of that. Someone mentioned it, it wasn't available, flurry of emails... end of record deal.

Idiot or troll isn't the options. A lot of artists get into a bad relationships with the press.

Last edited:
it does, doesnt it?! you should make one! just google cheeseball and you'll find lots of recipes. then when you make one, make sure to take a picture of Bjornski beside it holding a glass of wine <3

It looks SO delicious. In fact, I would make one right now but BB has gone to the beach to cruise for chicks, and besides he would probably give me lots of attitude about not getting out of bed for less than ten grand for the photo, etc. You know what he's like.

OMG I have discovered a new chocolate dessert:

I love it MORE than baklava!!!

It looks like Amy Taylor from Amyl and The Sniffers but I can't find that picture from the poster so I'm not sure that it's her.

View attachment 83106

View attachment 83107

View attachment 83108

My telepathic signal with Morrissey isn't as strong as Malarkey's, but I have the feeling that he would appreciate Amyl and the Sniffers. They seem like the type of band he might have championed 30 years ago, like when he sang the praises of The Primitives although that was more of a curious choice in my opinion. I won't ask Malarkey because there's a good chance she's busy communicating with Morrissey and won't have time. And anyway that would be cheating because she'll know the answer for definite whereas I only care to speculate. So instead I'll ask @Ketamine Sun. What do you think @Ket, would Morrissey be a fan of Amyl and the Sniffers? :unsure::unsure:

My telepathic signal with Morrissey isn't as strong as Malarkey's, but I have the feeling that he would appreciate Amyl and the Sniffers. They seem like the type of band he might have championed 30 years ago, like when he sang the praises of The Primitives although that was more of a curious choice in my opinion. I won't ask Malarkey because there's a good chance she's busy communicating with Morrissey and won't have time. And anyway that would be cheating because she'll know the answer for definite whereas I only care to speculate. So instead I'll ask @Ketamine Sun. What do you think @Ket, would Morrissey be a fan of Amyl and the Sniffers? :unsure::unsure:

I resent that.

Speaking as an American, the last thing England needs right now is a monarchy. It's honestly hard to claim the UK is a progressive democratic country when it still believes in Divine Right to Rule. America is having similar problems due to the Christian Supremacist Movement exerting more and more power every year. At least in America we can shut-up the whining wokesters by telling them they should focus their activist energy on restoring reproductive freedoms in this country. It's still going to take a while, tho. Prior to the repeal of Roe v. Wade, the biggest priorities among young leftists have been this odd pro-censorship movement that has mainly focused on comedians, followed closely by the "Healthy At Any Weight" movement, which states it is a hate crime to claim that obesity can cause health issues. This is why American doctors no longer urge their patients to lose weight, or even mention diabetes. It's why the American media NEVER mentioned obesity as a comorbidity with COVID, much like being elderly.

Speaking as an American, the last thing England needs right now is a monarchy. It's honestly hard to claim the UK is a progressive democratic country when it still believes in Divine Right to Rule. America is having similar problems due to the Christian Supremacist Movement exerting more and more power every year. At least in America we can shut-up the whining wokesters by telling them they should focus their activist energy on restoring reproductive freedoms in this country. It's still going to take a while, tho. Prior to the repeal of Roe v. Wade, the biggest priorities among young leftists have been this odd pro-censorship movement that has mainly focused on comedians, followed closely by the "Healthy At Any Weight" movement, which states it is a hate crime to claim that obesity can cause health issues. This is why American doctors no longer urge their patients to lose weight, or even mention diabetes. It's why the American media NEVER mentioned obesity as a comorbidity with COVID, much like being elderly.

Obesity NEVER mentioned as a comorbidity with Covid? It's well known.

Obesity NEVER mentioned as a comorbidity with Covid? It's well known.

It was never mentioned in America, not by the press, not by the CDC. It was worried it would hurt the feelings of America's obese majority.

Don’t know, a bit retro, then again he did have Starcrawler open for him.

I like their earlier stuff, prefer it over that
Amyl and the Sniffers vid you posted, though I think it’s Arrow de Wilde’s voice, lead singer of Starcrawler that I prefer.

Last edited:
He's been in wars with record companies to get advertising budgets & releases - the Paris thing was just part of that. Someone mentioned it, it wasn't available, flurry of emails... end of record deal.
This is completely elliptical. The Paris thing was an issue with a former record company and while it does follow his pattern of burning bridges and could be considered as part of his war with record companies, the point was how he doesn’t like being called out. I have no idea what the second sentence is saying. “Someone mentioned it, it wasn’t available.”
Someone mentioned what? What wasn’t available?
“Flurry of emails,” yes this happened, “end of record deal,” but the deal was over before this happened.

If you wanted to make a better argument you could say that Boz was actually the name on the email, and you could claim he was speaking for himself. It’s pretty clear he wasn’t but it would give you some illusion of deniability, which is the most important currency to the average Morrissey explainer.

Earlier you also said that these statements aren’t deliberate as this is just how he speaks. But that backs up what I said, that he has been doing this since he entered the public eye. It’s not “now I will make a comment that will be reported and repeated for years.” I agree that he can’t control what they report when these statements are made in concert.
Still, a pattern emerges. I am sure he has said things that didn’t make the news, but talking about a recent massacre in a deliberately dismissive way is pretty likely to get attention, and some of the most controversial statements were made when he was being interviewed.

This is completely elliptical. The Paris thing was an issue with a former record company and while it does follow his pattern of burning bridges and could be considered as part of his war with record companies, the point was how he doesn’t like being called out. I have no idea what the second sentence is saying. “Someone mentioned it, it wasn’t available.”
“Flurry of emails,” yes this happened, “end of record deal,” but the deal was over before this happened.

If you wanted to make a better argument you could say that Boz was actually the name on the email, and you could claim he was speaking for himself. It’s pretty clear he wasn’t but it would give you some illusion of deniability, which is the most important currency to the average Morrissey explainer.

Earlier you also said that these statements aren’t deliberate as this is just how he speaks. But that backs up what I said, that he has been doing this since he entered the public eye. It’s not “now I will make a comment that will be reported and repeated for years.” I agree that he can’t control what they report when these statements are made in concert.
Still, a pattern emerges. I am sure he has said things that didn’t make the news, but talking about a recent massacre in a deliberately dismissive way is pretty likely to get attention, and some of the most controversial statements were made when he was being interviewed.

Did Universal own some part of the song ITMAAP ? And that’s why Morrissey went to Universal because it makes sense for them to rerelease it ?

The song wasn't available & apparently people had been asking for it.

All the time means it's not for the press - it's part of his personality.

He wouldn't have seen it as dismissive - he doesn't understand why most people ignore animal suffering.

If he wanted press attention he could just sit in one of their pubs & let them flit by.

Back
Top Bottom