Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

You're trash, rif. But it is entertaining to hear you complain about your horrible living conditions. I can't believe you're still living in that family's house like the dotty old aunt that is never going to go away. The best part is that of course you think they're a bother. Go get your own place, maybe? Have you ever invited anyone over? Probably against the rules.
You think you're special because you live in a high rent area but then you're stuck living in someone's broom closet and showering in a gross clogged bathtub.
All those fashion photos you post are so boring but I understand why you feel the need to escape into any kind of fantasy whether it's thinking some boring sunglasses are going to change your life or that your latest serial killer crush might give some indication they know you exist.
It does completely remove any fleeting impulse to wish any ill will on you because it's a struggle to imagine how things could be worse than you've managed to make them already.

You're trash, rif. But it is entertaining to hear you complain about your horrible living conditions. I can't believe you're still living in that family's house like the dotty old aunt that is never going to go away. The best part is that of course you think they're a bother. Go get your own place, maybe? Have you ever invited anyone over? Probably against the rules.
You think you're special because you live in a high rent area but then you're stuck living in someone's broom closet and showering in a gross clogged bathtub.
All those fashion photos you post are so boring but I understand why you feel the need to escape into any kind of fantasy whether it's thinking some boring sunglasses are going to change your life or that your latest serial killer crush might give some indication they know you exist.
It does completely remove any fleeting impulse to wish any ill will on you because it's a struggle to imagine how things could be worse than you've managed to make them already.
Whoa, you sound triggered, dude

Foreign people, just keep buying the American product like you do Nike, Burger King, KFC, Hollister, Gap, Under Armour, McDonalds, Planet Hollywood-Orlando, Chicago Bears football jerseys, the list goes on. You know California Son needs to build the jet ski ramp.
"Warm summer days outdoors".

kendrick lamarr wearing a crown of thorns at glastonbury,how controversial,would be if it was thirty years ago.
when the bbc have to show a five minute bio of kendrick lamarr to let the public know who he is then the games up.bet most of the crowd dont even own one of his five albums.

All dates are NOT sold out. 'High-speed sales' do not mean sold out. Though we understand why it had to be spun that way. Blackpool, for example.

LP5r2iR.jpg

Internet access playing up in Yorkshire again? Been in hospital?
One’s timing device can be set by you, you bumbling fool.
Go and find a Milli Vannili forum you weirdo. And before you tell me you’re staying right here cough cough: you spend 16 hours a day here, stalking the boards which are dedicated to a singer you hate. The first and last things you do in your day, is come here.
Keep banging that leg😄

T-shirt anyone? “I’m thinking of doing a T-shirt”
Bloody pest.

Let's crunch the numbers to see if people genuinely know about and listen to Kendrick Lamar.

Kendrick Lamar's singles in the UK: seven top 10s, 20 top 40s; spent 26 weeks in the top 10, 112 weeks in the top 40.
Singles in the U.S.: two number 1s, 12 top 10s, 40 songs in the top 40.
Albums in the UK: one number 1, four top 10s, 12 weeks in top 10, 54 weeks in top 40.
Albums in the U.S.: had a #1 album every year from 2015 to 2018 and his latest album released in 2022 went to #1 as well.
Released or featured on 29 platinum selling singles in the U.S., 10 of which also went platinum in the UK.
His most recently completed solo world tour, The Damn Tour, was attended by 700,000 people across 52 shows and brought in $62.7 million.
He has won 14 Grammys and a Pulitzer Prize.
Performed at the Super Bowl halftime show in 2022 which averaged approximately 103 million viewers.
29th most streamed artist on Spotify with over 16 billion streams and 42 million monthly listeners.

My conclusion, which could be wrong, is that people genuinely know of and listen to Kendrick Lamar. Again, I might be wrong and nobody actually knows him and that's why the BBC put up a five minute bio before he headlined the last night of Glastonbury on the main stage. I wish I didn't have to defend rappers but I like it when we have our facts straight so we don't walk around with our heads filled with false information.

Admittedly I don't know his music particularly well (I had my rap phase from late 2002 to early 2005 and I have no real interest in getting back into it) but to me this song and video which he released last month is better than anything Morrissey has released from at least Years of Refusal onwards. If that's false information: someone show me the Morrissey song from the specified time period that can compete!? Something Is Squeezing My Skull and Istanbul maybe come closest but I would have to say The Heart Part 5 has them both beat.

It's been about a month since I watched this but I found it to be a highly informative breakdown of Lamar's song 'Alright'.

Last edited:
Let's crunch the numbers to see if people genuinely know about and listen to Kendrick Lamar.

Kendrick Lamar's singles in the UK: seven top 10s, 20 top 40s; spent 26 weeks in the top 10, 112 weeks in the top 40.
Singles in the U.S.: two number 1s, 12 top 10s, 40 songs in the top 40.
Albums in the UK: one number 1, four top 10s, 12 weeks in top 10, 54 weeks in top 40.
Albums in the U.S.: had a #1 album every year from 2015 to 2018 and his latest album released in 2022 went to #1 as well.
Released or featured on 29 platinum selling singles in the U.S., 10 of which also went platinum in the UK.
His most recently completed solo world tour, The Damn Tour, was attended by 700,000 people across 52 shows and brought in $62.7 million.
He has won 14 Grammys and a Pulitzer Prize.
Performed at the Super Bowl halftime show in 2022 which averaged approximately 103 million viewers.
29th most streamed artist on Spotify with over 16 billion streams and 42 million monthly listeners.

My conclusion, which could be wrong, is that people genuinely know of and listen to Kendrick Lamar. Again, I might be wrong and nobody actually knows him and that's why the BBC put up a five minute bio before he headlined the last night of Glastonbury on the main stage. I wish I didn't have to defend rappers but I like it when we have our facts straight so we don't walk around with our heads filled with false information.

Admittedly I don't know his music particularly well (I had my rap phase from late 2002 to early 2005 and I have no real interest in getting back into it) but to me this song and video which he released last month is better than anything Morrissey has released at least from Years of Refusal onwards. If that's false information: someone show me the Morrissey song from the specified time period that can compete!? Something Is Squeezing My Skull and Istanbul maybe come closest but I would have to say The Heart Part 5 has them both beat.

It's been about a month since I watched this but I found it to be a highly informative breakdown of Lamar's song 'Alright'.

I crunched the numbers to see if I cared about this post and I only got to the "Albums in the US" line.
In case you don't know rap has a very short shelf life and someone that is considered to be the next big thing one year can be pretty much forgotten three or four years later. I have liked a couple of his songs but he didn't live up to the hype.
Still, though, no offense to the UK but, aside from The Streets, there just aren't very many UK rappers that matter or mattered in the US, so in the UK I'm not surprised that someone like Kendrick, who was once thought to be Dr Dre's next big discovery, is a pretty big deal. It's not that he's that good, it's just that he's better than what they're used to.

I crunched the numbers to see if I cared about this post and I only got to the "Albums in the US" line.
In case you don't know rap has a very short shelf life and someone that is considered to be the next big thing one year can be pretty much forgotten three or four years later. I have liked a couple of his songs but he didn't live up to the hype.
Still, though, no offense to the UK but, aside from The Streets, there just aren't very many UK rappers that matter or mattered in the US, so in the UK I'm not surprised that someone like Kendrick, who was once thought to be Dr Dre's next big discovery, is a pretty big deal. It's not that he's that good, it's just that he's better than what they're used to.

Sorry dave-o I measured this post and found it wanting. I don't know how I can be expected to respond to it seriously without vegan.cro here to translate for me what you're trying to say.

"The Pulitzer Prize winning rapper isn't good and didn't live up to the hype although I liked a couple of his songs, but don't you know rappers tend to be popular for a couple of years and then forgotten, like Kendrick Lamar who had his first hit album a decade ago and his last hit album this year and is only the 29th most streamed artist in the world on Spotify. No wonder people in the UK like Kendrick Lamar thanks to his brief association with Dr. Dre a decade ago. And people in the UK only have The Streets. Kendrick Lamar and The Streets, that's it. They're the only rappers British people have access to, after Tyler the Creator got banned from entering the UK, so it's really not surprising that they would enjoy Lamar's music when you take that into consideration. His ideas aren't useful to me unlike, say, David Byrne's. I have a predilection for oversized suits, not baggy pants, bro."

:eek: That's great, Dave. It's unfortunate that Kendrick Lamar's ideas aren't useful to you but he's a racial minority so maybe you could tase him and he can be useful to you in that way, as tasin' practice. If the cops try to arrest you, you can just tell them he tried to steal the plastic chair from the front of your 'house'. They probably won't arrest you though because Lamar's a nobody now, he was popular for a couple of years but he had the shelf-life of all rappers and now he's living back in Compton in his mama's house. They even had to put up his bio on the BBC before his Glastonbury performance due to there being noname recognition so like gordyboy said The Game's up.

I'm not sure what else I can say about your thrilling post Dave so instead, in the following post, let's take a look at how my game statistics are shaping up!

Every time I change wives I should burn the last one. That way I'd be rid of them. They wouldn't be around to complicate my existence.” - freely available via Google
https://www.artspace.com/magazine/i...arate_the_art_from_the_artists_misogyny-55120

Enjoy

Yeh, ‘cos I’m sure he literally meant he would burn his previous wife to death.

Picasso only married twice & yes, he had plenty of girlfriends, lovers, & mistresses, as I’m sure you would if you were one of the most respected artists of all time, one of the most famous men on the planet, & had women throwing themselves at you everywhere you turned.

But you’re none of those things…so you sit and make comments on Internet forums & call the legend ‘scum of the earth’.

Dear morrissey-solo
This is Born to Harangue speaking I am back with you.

I'll go on record as saying I don't think I'll ever get a Wordle wrong
Update on Wordle five months later: did I tell a lie!?

20220628_204155.png

iggy azalea s GIF

Heardle: I've come a long way from the time I told Rifke "if I don't get tomorrow's song I'm not playing it any more!" because I had only got three Heardle songs right out of the first five I played. She told me to "grow up!!", and I did. I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this but my goal with Heardle is to get to my 200th game with 180 right. To do that I can only afford to get four wrong out of the next 85. Looking back at the previous 85 I've played, I got nine wrong. For five of those I had the right artist, just the wrong song. We'll see if I can do it but we're talking about three months from now and I could be dead by then for all I know :paranoid:.

Screenshot_20220628-180714.jpg

It turns out I'm better at 2000s Heardle than regular Heardle, for now at least:

Screenshot_20220628-180456.jpg

Semantle: I don't play this every day but in the past 125 days I've got 94 right (75%)

The geography game Worldle, a long way from these humble beginnings:

The geography game Worldle has the potential to become my new favourite; even though I'm not very good at it because country outlines aren't really my thing, I like the challenge. I'm going to persist with it and I'm determined to get better at it; just for the momentary dopamine rush of doing well at one of these games. That's really the only reason to play them, apart from posting my results here of course so I can flex on @The.Truth., @Carlislebaz, @ Barking, @ Janice, @ Surface and so on, by letting them know I'm performing better than they are 💪💪💪💪💪

Screenshot_20220628-180634.jpg

The movie frames game 'Framed':

Screenshot_20220628-180558.jpg

Yours truly :

download (2).png - 377
Morrissey-solo - 0

New feature to my posts: references for the slow and/or uninitiated (aka Born to Harangue For Dummies). If Baz didn't have me on ignore this feature would be especially for him, assuming he realises you're meant to click the 'spoiler' button to see what's being hidden, but maybe some of the rest of you can make use of this feature too.

Only a few references for you today my little remedial darlings, just to get this feature up and running:

This is Born to Harangue speaking I am back with you/Born to Harangue - 377 (my post count, darlings. I was going to put the number of people I've run off this website but I'm not sure of my exact body count) morrissey-solo - 0:

111bean.jpg

Tyler the Creator banned from the UK (just a joke gang, this was seven years ago and he's not banned any more):

Noname recognition/The Game's up: merely a play on words with other rappers' names who aren't as popular as they used to be. I was going to end the sentence with "and that's my 50 cents", but it seemed too obvious. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noname_(rapper) - In 2019, complained about performing to mostly white audiences and has been in semi-retirement ever since.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(rapper) - still popular, apparently, but peaked around 2005.

Dave tasing innocent people: see any Vegan Cro Spirit post on the subject:
Screenshot_20220628-195055.jpg

Dave's plastic chair: see any Vegan Cro Spirit post on the subject because I can't do it justice like he can.
20220628_194830.png

Now you're caught up!
200.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom