Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

trans insanity: the denial of reality and what we all know to be true; pronoun stupidity; children being removed from their homes because their parents 'misgendered' them; the erasure of women with transwomen being allowed to compete in womens sports and women being called menstruators and cervix-havers rather than women; jk rowling receiving death threats for her very rational views and those death threats being allowed to remain on twitter, while stating something as innocuous as 'sex is real' will get you banned; transitioning children and performing life altering surgeries on them; transitioning as a form of conversion therapy; etc etc etc.

i remember when i thought men dressing like women was cool, back when appealing people like david bowie and dr frankenfurter were the only ones doing it. back when it was outre, and signified a transgression against the norm. now that every unappealing person and their dog is doing it, it's just f***ing gross.
I agree with every single word.
About 5 years ago I met some feminists on FB and we talked about this and they asked me to join their groups where they talked about this. I was really shocked at what I learned, there were a lot of death threats on twitter at that time because these trans were extremely angry lesbians would not date them. They thought they were entitled to women's bodies, it was all very rapey. That of course, is just one of the problems.
When I was younger I used to go to alternative (as in alternative music) and gay clubs and there would be cross dressers and I assume transgenders and the bathroom issue was just no big deal, everyone used the one they wanted to and no one was bothered, but that was also because no one was pushy and threatening; everyone was comfortable. So, this is not a matter of transphobia or whatever people want to call it, it's all about how trans are acting now, and it's threatening. Before, they seemed to respect decent boundaries.

I agree with every single word.
About 5 years ago I met some feminists on FB and we talked about this and they asked me to join their groups where they talked about this. I was really shocked at what I learned, there were a lot of death threats on twitter at that time because these trans were extremely angry lesbians would not date them. They thought they were entitled to women's bodies, it was all very rapey. That of course, is just one of the problems.
When I was younger I used to go to alternative (as in alternative music) and gay clubs and there would be cross dressers and I assume transgenders and the bathroom issue was just no big deal, everyone used the one they wanted to and no one was bothered, but that was also because no one was pushy and threatening; everyone was comfortable. So, this is not a matter of transphobia or whatever people want to call it, it's all about how trans are acting now, and it's threatening. Before, they seemed to respect decent boundaries.
yeah, and the truth is i would not be bothered sharing a bathroom with a real transgender person. i believe that there are some people for whom transitioning is the only answer to leading a productive life. but those people are rare AND they put effort into appearing to be the other gender. and usually they're pretty in touch with reality about the fact that they will always be the sex they were born. but these people who expect you to call them by their preferred pronouns only after they have told you what those pronouns are? isnt the purpose of pronouns for other people as an identification tool? but here they are being treated as a gift that you bestow upon people: "welcome to my inner circle, you may refer to me as zee/zer". and the whole thing about self id, where it's enough to say you're a woman without making any effort toward actually looking like one, but meanwhile we all have to pretend they do. as leo kearse says "why do i have to put the work into your transition?"

yeah, and the truth is i would not be bothered sharing a bathroom with a real transgender person. i believe that there are some people for whom transitioning is the only answer to leading a productive life. but those people are rare AND they put effort into appearing to be the other gender. and usually they're pretty in touch with reality about the fact that they will always be the sex they were born. but these people who expect you to call them by their preferred pronouns only after they have told you what those pronouns are? isnt the purpose of pronouns for other people as an identification tool? but here they are being treated as a gift that you bestow upon people: "welcome to my inner circle, you may refer to me as zee/zer". and the whole thing about self id, where it's enough to say you're a woman without making any effort toward actually looking like one, but meanwhile we all have to pretend they do. as leo kearse says "why do i have to put the work into your transition?"
I agree it's out of control in so many ways, I should not have to participate in someone else's fantasy......or put work into their transition.
These people are all over Facebook and they make such a huge deal out of it, but like you, I actually believe real transgender people are rare and I do not have an issue with them. I met one online thru a friend and she does not make a big deal about it and her pronouns or even her name. She says some people still call her by her male name and she is fine with it, she doesn't get all crazy about 'dead naming'. She said she doesn't care about pronouns, and she even has pictures of herself before her transition posted to her account, she is really open about it, and to me, that just seems genuine. I respect her, I use female pronouns and her female name.
There is also another I know, male to female, and this person really struggles with the 'why' of it, she wants to understand why she is this way. She makes no demands and does not do that annoying thing where she talks about being trans 24/7, we have had some pretty interesting conversations about a lot of other things. Again, I am respectful with the pronouns and the name even tho I was never asked to be. This person has been thru some horrible childhood abuse and thinks that could be a contributing factor and I give them a lot of credit for looking at this in ways that may be uncomfortable for them.
There are other people who definitely have other issues going on and one of their favorite things to do is threaten suicide over everything, harass people, generally be a pain in the ass, some people refer to them as transtrenders. Even gay people I know are sick of them.
Now they are finding that even if they can force people to say it - yes you are a woman, yes I will use your pronouns, yes I will call you Tiffani Skyla Raven Venus or whatever weird ass name you picked, they cannot make people BELIEVE it. This is always most evident to them when they can't get people to date them. I told them this years ago, I told them you can make people call you women but you can't make them believe it. It makes them dysphoric. They need treatment for their gender dysphoria, not to mutilate themselves and take hormones. There is a detransitioning movement going on and people are just devastated that their lives were ruined like this, it's really sad for some.

As I was saying on the other thread - he'll do anything to shoehorn himself into the current narrative - I said to expect more of them, and here we are.

Let's remember that glorious occasion when he wanted 'Paris' re-released for the same reasons and sent Boz out to do his bidding.
Pea-ter... your unhealthy obsession is both unhealthy and obsessive. One may be regarded as misfortune, but both looks like carelessness.

I agree it's out of control in so many ways, I should not have to participate in someone else's fantasy......or put work into their transition.
These people are all over Facebook and they make such a huge deal out of it, but like you, I actually believe real transgender people are rare and I do not have an issue with them. I met one online thru a friend and she does not make a big deal about it and her pronouns or even her name. She says some people still call her by her male name and she is fine with it, she doesn't get all crazy about 'dead naming'. She said she doesn't care about pronouns, and she even has pictures of herself before her transition posted to her account, she is really open about it, and to me, that just seems genuine. I respect her, I use female pronouns and her female name.
There is also another I know, male to female, and this person really struggles with the 'why' of it, she wants to understand why she is this way. She makes no demands and does not do that annoying thing where she talks about being trans 24/7, we have had some pretty interesting conversations about a lot of other things. Again, I am respectful with the pronouns and the name even tho I was never asked to be. This person has been thru some horrible childhood abuse and thinks that could be a contributing factor and I give them a lot of credit for looking at this in ways that may be uncomfortable for them.
There are other people who definitely have other issues going on and one of their favorite things to do is threaten suicide over everything, harass people, generally be a pain in the ass, some people refer to them as transtrenders. Even gay people I know are sick of them.
Now they are finding that even if they can force people to say it - yes you are a woman, yes I will use your pronouns, yes I will call you Tiffani Skyla Raven Venus or whatever weird ass name you picked, they cannot make people BELIEVE it. This is always most evident to them when they can't get people to date them. I told them this years ago, I told them you can make people call you women but you can't make them believe it. It makes them dysphoric. They need treatment for their gender dysphoria, not to mutilate themselves and take hormones. There is a detransitioning movement going on and people are just devastated that their lives were ruined like this, it's really sad for some.
i think people are afraid that if they dont accomodate them in all their demands that they're then going to be like the people who discriminated against gay people. but there is a huge difference in that gay people only asked to be accepted for who they are--an entirely noble request-- whereas trans people are asking you to see them as they see themselves. no one has any business asking people that. there are many people who feel like they've been born in the wrong body for a whole host of reasons, people with body dysmorphic disorder, people with body integrity disorder, etc. we see these as disorders. i dont understand what is the problem with being honest, with saying "i was born a male, but i now live my life as a female". why do we have to pretend that you were always a female?? i dont think that's helpful to anyone concerned. not to mention, the engagement of my imagination should not have to be a condition of my interacting with someone. if, for example i like a person, i might see them as better looking than they are: that's my imagination being engaged, it's an act of generosity which becomes natural to do for someone you think fondly of. but no person i dont give a f*** about has any business telling me i have to engage my imagination in order to accomodate the vision they have of themselves.

anyway, douglas "dreamboat" murray says that at the end of empires there is always an obsession with sex and gender and the breaking down of boundaries, which i think is interesting.

As I was saying on the other thread - he'll do anything to shoehorn himself into the current narrative - I said to expect more of them, and here we are.

Let's remember that glorious occasion when he wanted 'Paris' re-released for the same reasons and sent Boz out to do his bidding.

Just like your insistence on shoe-horning yourself into every single thread about your idol.

If only we were all as insightful & well-balanced as you.

Something that has nothing to do with it but is a question. Johnny Marr is instagram promoting leather boots and suede brand "yogi" with a label that says J Marr and the in the pose that I use on the cover of his new album. Now J Marr no is vegan? How you can promote leather and suede???????

:straightface:

"i continue to excel in my predictions.
i predicted there would be a deluge of these
and here they are":)

fvk18rp1psv11.jpg

:hammer:

Something that has nothing to do with it but is a question. Johnny Marr is instagram promoting leather boots and suede brand "yogi" with a label that says J Marr and the in the pose that I use on the cover of his new album. Now J Marr no is vegan? How you can promote leather and suede???????
Because Marr is dishonest and will do anything for a buck. He does not have morals or ethics or actual beliefs. The shoes are actually a rip off of Clarks.

doh:

how long have you been posting here FFS? for many years and you dont yet know that Pepe has no money?😐
he has the sound man in his suco group no money for musicians😬
thats why they look crazy onstage.
of course hes not vegan thats just pap for his dozen dopey simple minded 'fans' hes been spotted at Maccies where food is cheapest.:hammer:

I have spent thousands of dollars flying around and seeing Morrissey live and will continue to do so.

I had no idea he wanted it to be re-released and therefore have no idea what you mean by Boz tried to do his bidding.

You know more about my favorite singer and you hate him. You despise him. Do you have to wear a helmet so you don't concuss yourself when you pass out from the all the whinging?
I feel duty bound to say that what he is talking about is a real thing that happened but most of us have moved on and the lucky ones like you were probably busy with things that actually matter.

I refuse to believe that you enjoy posting things like this.
It winds you up, feeds animosity towards you, serves no good purpose.

Why allow such resentment to live in your head - all aimed at a man who doesn't even know you exist, who will never change one thing about his life for you? Don't you see how pointless it is?

What is actually stopping you from logging off, forgetting whatever it is that you hate so much, pouring a glass of wine and just dancing to This Charming Man like it's 1983? You do not have to be a prisoner of your own hate.
You hit the nail on the head, though. I'm certain that Uncleskinny not only believes Morrissey knows he exists but that he is bothered by all the wacky posts.

doh:

how long have you been posting here FFS? for many years and you dont yet know that Pepe has no money?😐
he has the sound man in his suco group no money for musicians😬
thats why they look crazy onstage.
of course hes not vegan thats just pap for his dozen dopey simple minded 'fans' hes been spotted at Maccies where food is cheapest.:hammer:
Not long ago I posted here, almost 2 years ago and I don't know Marr as much, I can ask you what does FFS mean??

You hit the nail on the head, though. I'm certain that Uncleskinny not only believes Morrissey knows he exists but that he is bothered by all the wacky posts.
I think he writes thinking that Morrissey reads the criticisms and thinks that Moz stays thinking about what he tells him, the fool believes that his opinions are important, that they mobilize MoZ and the truth that what they mobilize are the mandibles of Moz when he dies of laughter ja ja ja !!!

I hope someone will ever publish here the true story of the Skinny, who happened to go from love to hate towards Moz, . Like me, others don't know the story,." The story is old but continuous"......

Back
Top Bottom