Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

An art museum in Los Angeles was holding some big event to honor Joni as part of their annual gala, I got tickets to go because I was doing some curatorial work at the time. After the speeches and the video tributes and all that shit, it just turned into a standard cocktail party with people floating around and mingling. I was fortunate enough to end up in a circle with Joni and Herbie Hancock and some other museum people. I got to talk to her for a little bit about jazz and towards the end of our conversation I asked her about Morrissey, as I was always curious about how that meeting in 1997 went down. She told me she had very little familiarity with his music and it was just something set up by Rolling Stone. I suspected as much but was still hoping she would surprise me with intimate knowledge of "Late Night Maudlin Street" or something. No luck.
Sounds like a story I made up in elementary school about meeting Jackie Kennedy at a Christmas party for double day. I mean, exactly like that.

Can you believe that if morrissey-solo is the toilet of the universe, they even had to make this thread for stuff that didn’t go down the first time and they’re trying to flush it twice

this thread is the second flush

It IS kind of amazing that there’s even a handle to flush

Oh. I guess there IS a form of admin here, censoring the content: Dale posts his weak-ass phone-recording, bears his miserable soul, gets called out for being a pussy. ...and it all gets erased. Tiny-B must be doubling as moderator, during his break from mop, bucket and hand-jobs.

This place is as weak as the past 2 decades of Melvis’ bullshit. ;)

Oh. I guess there IS a form of admin here, censoring the content: Dale posts his weak-ass phone-recording, bears his miserable soul, gets called out for being a pussy. ...and it all gets erased. Tiny-B must be doubling as moderator, during his break from mop, bucket and hand-jobs.

oy Melvin, 'bears' like
in yogi bear? 🤒
are you using polish google to post?doh:

If you're registered you have a certain amount of time to delete your posts. Might want to look into it!

How’s things with you Karen..
Long time no speak...
You back in full swing at work yet ??

Yeah, doing lots of things. It's weird being out & about!! I was really careful because I've got asthma. There's still no routine though, so I'm napping like a cat instead of properly sleeping.

Yeah, doing lots of things. It's weird being out & about!! I was really careful because I've got asthma. There's still no routine though, so I'm napping like a cat instead of properly sleeping.
I’m pleased your busy busy..
It’s still abnormal for everyone to be out and about... you can still feel the stress of it all , and from others ...
If your asthmatic then you must have been self isolating for the last 14 months ??
Like me ..

Back
Top Bottom