Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Gash, the establishment actively work against anything that is actually woke, and only use "wokeism" for virtue signalling (e.g. international banking sector cynically embracing LGBTQ+ pride and quickly dropping it as soon as the moment has passed). As soon as anyone does actually try to change things for the better, the establishment comes together and works against it. It isn't that difficult, but by all means, carry on with your conspiracy theories and bitterness because people actually want to improve lives somewhat. Additionally, there's a whole range of mainstream media sources (Fox News, the Sun, the Daily Mail, Telegraph, Sky News Australia etc. etc.) that are literally owned by billionaires, constantly fighting against anything they deem to be "woke". This is an age old technique to get ordinary people fighting amongst themselves, while the establishment reap the rewards and have their own indiscretions ignored.

Your posts are, unfortunately, riddled with right wing talking points (e.g. conflating "woke", which has a very specific definition, to include pretty much anything that you dislike). You yourself may not necessarily see yourself as "far right", but you are seemingly falling for the propaganda spouted by the above billionaire interests. I understand that it is difficult to accept that you're being hoodwinked by a tiny class of extremely wealthy people who want to you hate people you have more in common with than the extremely wealthy, but it is, again unfortunately, evident in your posts.

When you resort to calling everything you dislike or don't understand as "woke" or resort to insults, like you often do, you make yourself look reasonably unsavoury, and somewhat bitter.

In all sincerity, have a nice day, and I hope you find some peace in life!
I hope that made sense to you when you typed it. It really doesn't make much sense to read. Where Morrissey is concerned I'm very much at peace. I loved Morrissey in the good old days of The Smiths and I love Morrissey now. I love his message of questioning the orthodoxy and thinking for yourself. You're the one who said you hate what he has become. I hope you find some peace in life, juggling your love and hate. Don't drop those balls.

So no one is allowed to laugh at “(ass)holes - people actively seek those out for pleasure”, yet it’s perfectly fine to call someone a “K-hole” when the only reason a normal person could assume that was done is because it rhymes with “”A-hole” which is a disgusting and ugly slang used in order to be offensive and call some an asshole to their face.

So Person #2 who just got called an asshole is NOT supposed to be offended, even though person #1 just informed them that going forward, they will NOT stop calling Person #2 an asshole.

This all wasn’t good enough as-is, (of course it wasn’t! How could it be! :rolleyes: ) so Person #3 wades in to inform Person #1 that Person#2 was gaslighting them - which was patently untrue and was far from ever being the case

Clearly, this must be just another type of healthy discussion. :rolleyes:
I called them K-Hole because ketamine is in their name, simple as that, and K-holes are something that some ketamine users seek out.

I didn't even consider that it rhymes with a-hole, because we don't use the term "a-hole/asshole" in Manchester, England, where I was born, raised and live. We do say "arsehole", but you don't hear people using an Americanism like "a-hole". It's worth remembering that this isn't an American centric forum, and that there are many others from places across the globe. A normal person would do well to keep this is mind.

Where I'm from, we're straightforward, working class folk. If we wanted to insult someone, we'd simply call them a dickhead or a c***, but I have no intention of insulting either you or Ket.

Last edited:
I called them K-Hole because ketamine is in their name, simple as that, and K-holes are something that some ketamine users seek out.

I didn't even consider that it rhymes with a-hole, because we don't use the term "a-hole/asshole" in Manchester, England, where I was born, raised and live. We do say "arsehole", but you don't hear people using an Americanism like "a-hole". It's worth remembering that this isn't an American centric forum, and that there are many others from places across the globe. A normal person would do well to keep this is mind.

Where I'm from, we're straightforward, working class folk. If we wanted to insult someone, we'd simply call them a dickhead or a c***, but I have no intention of insulting either you or Ket.
So now you know what you thought when you wrote it, and now you also know what other people thought when they read it

So now you know what you thought when you wrote it, and now you also know what other people thought when they read it

I can see why, but there is no inherent link between "ketamine", "K-Hole" and "a-hole", except for a rhyme, and only if you're an American, for whom a-hole is a part of your vocab, which it isn't for most countries outside of America, whereas the link between "ketamine" and "K-Hole" is inherent, seeing as one comes from the other. So, it is a bit of a leap to suggest that K-Hole/a-hole are the same, unless the situation is above.

Remember, America Is Not the World.

I can see why, but there is no inherent link between "ketamine", "K-Hole" and "a-hole", except for a rhyme, and only if you're an American, for whom a-hole is a part of your vocab, which it isn't for most countries outside of America, whereas the link between "ketamine" and "K-Hole" is inherent, seeing as one comes from the other. So, it is a bit of a leap to suggest that K-Hole/a-hole are the same, unless the situation is above.

Remember, America Is Not the World.
Yes, thank you for this extremely patronizing reminder. America is Not The World. And in that case globally, probably 98% of people do not take ketamine. It’s still neither here nor there, because this aspect of the conversation wasn’t worth continuing anyway.

Yes, thank you for this extremely patronizing reminder. America is Not The World. And in that case globally, probably 98% of people do not take ketamine. It’s still neither here nor there, because this aspect of the conversation wasn’t worth continuing anyway.
Lol. "Patronising" because I'm telling you that not everyone in the world uses Americanisms, after you assumed that I was American.

Stereotypical bloody yanks, eh? Take a chill pill, pal!

No.1 - You don't f***ing say? How clever. I mean, who on earth would have made that connection?
No.2 - Spell the title correctly, you rush-for-affirmation moron
No.3 - Public Enemy got there first
You sound like you have anger problems. I haven't come here to be harassed, so I think I'll just let the ignore filter take care of you.

You sound like you have anger problems. I haven't come here to be harassed, so I think I'll just let the ignore filter take care of you.
How about you try not to look for affirmation and get your facts right? That would help, wouldn't it? In this instance, I am correct about each point, and you are wrong. Perhaps you should be more accurate and less craving affirmation?

Lol. "Patronising" because I'm telling you that not everyone in the world uses Americanisms, after you assumed that I was American.

Stereotypical bloody yanks, eh? Take a chill pill, pal!
No Einstein, patronizing because you mention Americans, America, and Yanks no less than six different times, and ridiculously therefore imply that by nationality, the word “A-hole” would be part of everyone in an entire country’s vernacular. That’s patronizing. I’m additionally not American, but that’s also none of your business, so therefore also neither here nor there.

However as you have repeatedly falsely accused Morrissey on this forum, just even in the last 48 hours alone, of being a rabid right-winger who says racist things, one would think that you would know better than to disparage other people for any nationality they might be.

Absolutely pathetic. You repeated extremely harmful and deeply offensive false accusations against Morrissey that are completely untrue, and then you don’t even see the repugnant irony of what comes out of your own mouth when you start to run it.

Think about that before you post any more.

I see many of the autists (?) on here are really easily offended and overreacting. No wonder there's war in the world, as my oldest son would say.

I consider myself to be pretty positive. Even amongst my criticisms of Morrissey, I still love his music pre-Dog. I'm always happy to discuss Morrissey with people who love him or loathe him, but I take breaks from here because of the people who uncritically praise him no matter what, and because of the increase in people esposuing the same old far right tropes (e.g. gash; vegan.cro; reelfountain (they in particular were bang into COVID 19 conspiracy theories before they were put on a temp ban). I don't actually think that these people are, or ever were, serious Morrissey/Smiths fans who have devoted their lives to the music. I just don't see how you can be a Smiths fan and espouse establishment, far right nonsense. The two just do not go together.
I generally don't like 'tests' for fans

I generally don't like 'tests' for fans
I know what you mean, but to me, having spent years listening to the Smiths, it's just unsettling that a few on here espouse the very things that The Smiths were against (or at least appeared to be against). Such an odd combination.

Autist is the correct word in many European languages, so it was a best educated (and correct) guess for a non-native English speaker.

Further to which, “autistic” in the english language is an adjective while “autist” is the noun form of the word.

Appalling abuse, in Skinny’s case, not to mention a beyond offensive retort which was wholly out of order.

Followed by smug nonsense from Luxo.

So, I guess generalising about autistic people in an insulting way is okay.
Yes, at least according to some here, just like how they think using terms like "Autist" is ok. That's a term by and for autistic people, which is unfortunately used by non-autistic people as some sort of derogatory term against us, with an obvious sense of malice, as in Auden's post. I suspect he's terribly upset with me and Peter because we highlighted his patronising tone to someone else here.

Yes, at least according to some here, just like how they think using terms like "Autist" is ok. That's a term by and for autistic people, which is unfortunately used by non-autistic people as some sort of derogatory term against us, with an obvious sense of malice, as in Auden's post. I suspect he's terribly upset with me and Peter because we highlighted his patronising tone to someone else here.
The fact that there is a contingent of uneducated people who consciously chose to decide 5 minutes ago to GET offended by a word that has been in normal use and in the dictionary for over 100years as the correct and only noun form of the word autism - is not anyone else’s problem,.

Autism is a greek word of latin root and therefore the noun “autist” is identical in most if not all of the european romance languages, in addition to also being the noun in english.

Autist is not a word “by and for autistic people”. Which is why I’m politely explaining the etymology of the word here. So that you’ll know something more tomorrow than you did today.

I know what you mean, but to me, having spent years listening to the Smiths, it's just unsettling that a few on here espouse the very things that The Smiths were against (or at least appeared to be against). Such an odd combination.
Probably one of the main themes running through the lyrics and the iconography of The Smiths was the destruction of the working class in Britain. The class that gave us the welfare state, the NHS, and one of the greatest flowerings of culture and music in the 1960s that Britain had ever seen. All gradually being eradicated - in the name of 'diversity'.
And you mentioned the LGBT alphabet soup in your earlier post. The people attacking lesbians peacefully protesting these days are the violent men / extreme trans rights misogynists who believe in gender ideology and don't believe in freedom of speech, especially for women:

Back
Top Bottom