Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Yes. Stand were you like.
Great news on the ticketšŸ˜
well, ideally i'd like to stand right by neil so as to make googly eyes at him!!! but what if someone else is standing by neil? do i slug them in the kisser?? is that how it works???? also, should i hold a sign saying "CAN I TOUCH YOUR CHEEKBONES, NEIL?"??

Listen to Prefab Sprout instead:

Paddy McAloon on All Boys Believe Anything/The Ice Maiden:

The Ice Maiden

Standing on the boulevard
You wish to know my name
I'm the Ice Maiden
I think perhaps you like being unhappy
I'm the Ice Maiden
The limit of your dreams
Arctic winds blow and still you believe
Love makes you one of the chosen
Die in the snow
I'll never grieve
So what if tomorrow you're frozen
Death is a small price for heaven

Welcome to the glow of high octane affairs
Esperanto style and blond disheveled hair
Subterranean streams, duckling you're a swan
Infinities of dreams imploding into one
All those nights I dreamt of you
I wonder where they've gone
You're the Ice Maiden

Standing on the boulevard
I've always known your name
You're the Ice Maiden
Let you and I grow frosty together
You're the Ice Maiden
Today you meet your match

Girl when I burn
Hell, nothing's the same
I'll singe your pretty blond lashes
We're talking fire
We're talking flame
We're talking ice into ashes
But death is a small price for heaven

All those nights I dreamt of you
I wonder where they've gone
Girl when I burn
Hell, nothing's the same
I'll singe your pretty blond lashes
We're talking fire
We're talking flame
We're talking ice into ashes
But death is a small price for heaven

ā€œWhen Love Breaks Downā€ belongs in the Greatest Songs thread.

Nothing is done on accident. Especially if something you are responsible for could be something Moz doesnā€™t approve of.

That set list could have easily been moved, but instead of the bandā€™s set up being the focus, that piece of paper sits on a table like a well-placed Easter egg from a Kubrick movie.

Itā€˜s to drum up talk and excitement for the upcoming dates.

-Iā€˜m not paranoid, Iā€™m just convinced people have less and less good in them

Yourself and your constant venomous negativity is a very good example of less good in people.

Yourself and your constant venomous negativity is a very good example of less good in people.
Firstā€¦your writing clearly indicates that you have trouble forming a grammatically coherent and correct sentence. I am sorry you lack formal academic training in any field, but I canā€™t help you there.

Secondā€¦thereā€™s a fine line between negativity and being a realist. (Iā€™m sorry, should I slow down?ā€¦.)ā€¦.I consider myself to be a realist, which admittedly can come off as negativity sometimes. Again, not being able understand this unfortunately doesnā€™t bode well for your mental acuity.

If you want, which you wonā€™t, and I donā€™t blame you; take a look at my posts. Then tell me if I have ā€˜constant venomous negativityā€™ (I think I am the one that signs off my posts with a genuine ā€˜be well, or safeā€™).

Donā€™t go toe-to-toe with me.

I will crush you. (thatā€™s a metaphorā€¦and also from Rocky 3 or 4 or 2).

Or it's a, um... set list sitting on a, ah... hmmm, table? Who gives a shit if someone placed it there for the photo anyway?

Btw Kubrick movies don't have easter eggs. Modern crap made by Marvel are the films you're thinking of concerning easter eggs.
Oh cā€™mon, marred, I thought we had each others back. Man people are killing me for that post.

First, Iā€™ve never seen a Marvel movie, thank goodnessā€¦.second, maybe Iā€™m wrong in my terminology but The Shining is racked so full of ā€˜carefully placedā€™ things in shots, and then sometimes missing in the next shotā€¦.or how there are a ton of references to the moon landing, the color of the VW bug in the beginning scene purposely made to be a different color than Kingā€™s in his novel just to piss him off.

I thought those were called Easter eggs??? I could be wrong.

MoZFan can go pound sand, but I like your posts so my feelings will only be temporarily hurt.

Kubrick is my favorite director btwā€¦.your thoughts on his work? ā€˜A Clockwork Orangeā€˜ is genius.

Be wellā€¦.

Oh cā€™mon, marred, I thought we had each others back. Man people are killing me for that post.

First, Iā€™ve never seen a Marvel movie, thank goodnessā€¦.second, maybe Iā€™m wrong in my terminology but The Shining is racked so full of ā€˜carefully placedā€™ things in shots, and then sometimes missing in the next shotā€¦.or how there are a ton of references to the moon landing, the color of the VW bug in the beginning scene purposely made to be a different color than Kingā€™s in his novel just to piss him off.

MoZFan can go pound sand, but I like your posts so my feelings will only be temporarily hurt.

Kubrick is my favorite director btwā€¦.your thoughts on his work? ā€˜A Clockwork Orangeā€˜ is genius.

Be wellā€¦.
i would've thought your original post was just pointing out the obvious. everything is deliberate. if you're not being deliberate, you're being careless.

I will crush you. (thatā€™s a metaphorā€¦and also from Rocky 3 or 4 or 2).
ā€œI must break youā€ is a line from Rocky IV, delivered by Dolph Lundgren. ā€œI will crush youā€ is not from any Rocky film. If youā€™re going to be a jerk to people online using references from pop culture, at least use them correctly.

ā€œI must break youā€ is a line from Rocky IV, delivered by Dolph Lundgren. ā€œI will crush youā€ is not from any Rocky film. If youā€™re going to be a jerk to people online using references from pop culture, at least use them correctly.
Dang itā€¦.youā€™re right. That is the line. The best line of the movie. Delivered perfectly. Thanks for correction.

As for being a jerkā€¦.I think I have a history of being pretty nice to people for the most part on here, except for the occasional jab. And my original post wasnā€™t meant to be negative, it was meant to be what I thought could be going on, maybe a different take, ā€¦and then he write his bu**sh*t comment attacking me, and Iā€™m thinking, wtf. It wasnā€™t meant to be negative at all. It was meant to be my take on it.
So I was defending myself against what I thought was an unjustified piece of sh*t post.

i would gorge on easter eggs till i vomit rather than watch a marvel film,absolute drivel.
Couldnā€™t agree more. 3rd grade plots. Absolutely no dialogue. Sadly, these movies make hundreds of millions, if not a billion worldwide because this is what itā€™s come to. This is what people want.
Essentially to watch a video game for 3 hours.

Couldnā€™t agree more. 3rd grade plots. Absolutely no dialogue. Sadly, these movies make hundreds of millions, if not a billion worldwide because this is what itā€™s come to. This is what people want.
Essentially to watch a video game for 3 hours.
im 58 and still game every day,of the hundreds of games iv completed over the years they are all creatively better and have more passion than these films.

im 58 and still game every day,of the hundreds of games iv completed over the years they are all creatively better and have more passion than these films.
What's your favourite game, gordy?

2 of my faves are Halflife (not played it for a while but played them all several times), and Fallout 4; although I have recently enjoyed both Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts games, which were excellent.

Do we have a Gamers thread on here? Might make a nice change after all the other types of 'sniping' that goes on here...

What's your favourite game, gordy?

2 of my faves are Halflife (not played it for a while but played them all several times), and Fallout 4; although I have recently enjoyed both Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts games, which were excellent.

Do we have a Gamers thread on here? Might make a nice change after all the other types of 'sniping' that goes on here...
half life was superb,played sniper ghost warrior for a bit last week,just cause 2,borderlands,horizon zero dawn and many more.had one discussion about gaming on here in the last 20 years so theres not much chat about gaming.for me it keeps the mind and reflexes sharp.

Be wellā€¦.
Mate that whole Kubrick conspiracy, fake moon landing, room 237 bullshit movement is just a continuation of the myth that Kubrick was a crazy old recluse who was difficult to work with and hated women that was started by journalists who were pissed off at not getting access to him.

Kubrick is my all time favourite Filmmaker and I don't have time for any of that garbage. Everything Kubrick put into his films was for story and cinematic effect. He did not waste energy on any of that easter egg bullshit. That stuff is nothing but a rabbit hole tunnelling further and further away from what Kubrick was actually about. The term Easter Egg wasn't even around when Kubrick was making movies, other than a hollow egg made of chocolate.

That stuff can't really be what floats your boat about Kubrick, can it?

Not trying to be harsh on purpose mate or hurt your feelings. I'm just into Kubrick and not bullshit.

(Of course my post gets moved! God forbid someone should have a conversation in a Morrissey thread that doesn't centre on Morrissey.)

Last edited:
Dang itā€¦.youā€™re right. That is the line. The best line of the movie. Delivered perfectly. Thanks for correction.
I think the best one is when Drago and Creed are going to touch gloves before their fight. Apollo slams his fists down at Dragoā€™s, who doesnā€™t move an inch. ā€œYou will loseā€, he then says, in a heartless, cold and inhuman manner, and you just know Apollo is probably not going to winā€¦

As for being a jerkā€¦.I think I have a history of being pretty nice to people for the most part on here, except for the occasional jab. And my original post wasnā€™t meant to be negative, it was meant to be what I thought could be going on, maybe a different take, ā€¦and then he write his bu**sh*t comment attacking me, and Iā€™m thinking, wtf. It wasnā€™t meant to be negative at all. It was meant to be my take on it.
So I was defending myself against what I thought was an unjustified piece of sh*t post.
I donā€™t know about how you usually are with people, I just thought the ā€œI will crush youā€ post was a bit ā€œjerkishā€. But letā€™s bygones be bygones!

I think the best one is when Drago and Creed are going to touch gloves before their fight. Apollo slams his fists down at Dragoā€™s, who doesnā€™t move an inch. ā€œYou will loseā€, he then says, in a heartless, cold and inhuman manner, and you just know Apollo is probably not going to winā€¦
That was awesome, too. Heā€˜s saying it to Creed like itā€™s a fact, and the fight hasnā€™t even begun. He was a bad mother in that movie. Even giving props to Rocky after losing to him. But letā€™s be real. Drago would have had him for a snack. Ahā€¦. The 80ā€™s

Back
Top Bottom