Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

I’m just not sure what I’m supposed to beware of. I can assure you, Carlislebaz, that apart from making a purchase, I would never give money to anyone on the internet, no matter how much woe was in their story. If that’s what you’re concerned about.
And I can assure you, I've never taken money from anyone off the internet (although I did gladly accept a bear sized beach towel and inflatable pink flamingo for my bear edward so that he could pretend he was in greece, and as well, have had some rather amateurish paintings foisted on me).

i meant ill find videos of poor doggies online! theres lots, in case you didnt know! they keep showing up in my youtube feed for some reason. maybe because i keep watching them.

but if you want brutal just wait till i steal your lunch money and stuff you into a locker, twerp!!
Rifke:
1663141578578.jpeg

For somebody who regularly affirms his loathing of the aristocracy, Morrissey sure has the tastes of the manor born. Who can forget his demand for tins of Fortnum and Mason's classic biscuit collection - a favourite of Her Majesty The Queen - 'the very best butter biscuits in six different flavours. Stem Ginger, Salted Caramel, Macadamia Nut, Lemon Curd, Fruit & Nut Flapjack and Chocolate. Or his insistence of 'ONLY linen napkins' NOT paper' from his Meltdown rider. He's a classy guy Steven Patrick.

It's true, Morrissey seems fussy about these things. But if his tastes are rich, I don't think that makes him hypocritical for hating the royals. The difference is that Morrissey made his money, and King Charles was born into his. You're always going to have wealthy people, and they're usually going to have offspring, but that doesn't mean they need to be in a stated-funded reality show, or fawned over as children, or addressed as "Your Highness" and "Your Majesty." The subject already knows he lost the lottery of birth; there's no cause for rubbing it in.

In another thread, Anonymous said the inheritance of the throne by birth was traditional and therefore should remain that way (even though, to him or her, the life of a royal is a "nightmare" because you're forced to live in a fishbowl and do minor-level diplomacy and sit next to Donald Trump at dinner parties). But traditions can change. No one thinks the king rules by divine right anymore, so there's no reason to think the throne must be inherited. It could be done by lottery. Willing persons between the ages of 20 and 40 could submit their names, and the winner takes the crown. And if you're worried about someone like the "Lotto lout" Michael Carroll winning it and abusing it, then maybe there could be some sort of vetting process or IQ test for the candidates. At least they'd be volunteering for the nightmare life. It would be kind of like the "boy bishop" tradition, made long-term.

Does anyone really listen to him still?
Russell? Well, funny you should ask:

no.

(Feel free to move the following reasons to "clogging" thread, although I'm certain Mussel would find them fascinating:

• General treatment of vimin: not so much his lusting after anything that has tits and a pulse at one point, but more subtle (subtle!) things, like, not having the same respect for male and female interviewees. (Namely you can hear him think " what a load of old bollix" when most ladiz speak.) And the Katy P. Without Make Up moment, what the effin f. was his subconscious up to then...
  • The fact that he can ramble for hours on the 'net because he has a person/ people who take(s) care of daily mundane things for him. I bet his wife would also love to natter endlessly on yt, but she has nappies to change, lunchboxes to fill etc. (During lockdown, Russ went to the supermarket once: wot an adventure.)
  • Didn't he go back to his old gf after years of playing the field because he felt he needed a breeder? Or something (we ain't sposed to think).
  • The constant call for a revolution from a mansion with swans of summat without no sign of revolution whatsoever: even the swans get bored.
  • Boasting his wife's book was available on Amazon. Seriously? Amazon?
  • Constantly pandering to Australians and Americans because Europeans are far too critical ( M does the same but he's not so keen on kangaroos- give it time.) Imagining masses of Australians are in awe of him and ready to riot when he gives the signal or something, when in reality they're just trying not to catch fire.
  • Trying to make money out of stuff that should be free.
  • Being generally full of shit.
  • And other things.

But I like the bloke.)

If I give the ticket back to the organiser the price will rise to 240+.
I paid 220 for my „new“ row A ticket.
So despite all the kerfuffle here, it's still a good and at this point fair price. Period.
Oh, no. “Period”?
I’m assuming you’re from the UK. Where we call it a full stop.
A period is a woman’s monthly unmentionable.

@TheSmiths_1985 Just a small bit of constructive criticism, but I don't know about having this new quote in your signature. It reads like it's supposed to be the caption to the picture, which in my view is (by itself) the funniest signature on this whole forum. I love the look on that lady's face. The implied caption (for me) is, "what on earth is going on here?" Makes me laugh every time.

you have a WEIRD sense of humour!

That's possible. I definitely like physical comedy the best. Pratfalls and bumblings, and especially the looks on people's faces. Jim Carrey might be my favorite comedic actor. I love his facial expressions and loose-limbed mannerisms and primal noises. The Ace Ventura movies, Liar Liar, The Cable Guy. He's Canadian, of course. That lady in TheSmiths_1985's avatar has a great perplexed look. "Good Lord," she seems to be thinking.

I have to admit I find Jim Carrey funny.

THE GODDAMN PEN IS BLUE!

:lbf: :lbf: :lbf:

@TheSmiths_1985 Just a small bit of constructive criticism, but I don't know about having this new quote in your signature. It reads like it's supposed to be the caption to the picture, which in my view is (by itself) the funniest signature on this whole forum. I love the look on that lady's face. The implied caption (for me) is, "what on earth is going on here?" Makes me laugh every time.
That is Gail Platt. And yes, I know what you mean.
I wasn’t sure when I updated it.
Thank you.

I love his Canadian accent.

And when they tear into the gays (“it’s NOT normal”) :lbf:
i like when he says "aye-aye-aye" in his latin accent and when he says "get in the camp, ya c***" in his australian accent :lbf:

bun bun, i dont know if i can go to the suede concert because i dont have a phone!! i am SO upset!!!!!!

i like when he says "aye-aye-aye" in his latin accent and when he says "get in the camp, ya c***" in his australian accent :lbf:

bun bun, i dont know if i can go to the suede concert because i dont have a phone!! i am SO upset!!!!!!

Anything I can do to help? Can they not send the electronic ticket to an email address?

When I bought tickets for Nick Cave I had to register a new Ticketmaster account and then download the Ticketmaster app and all that bollocks only to find they sold tickets at the venue on the night. Maybe you can buy them there?

Back
Top Bottom