Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

i guess what i mean to say is that downvotes when unexpected and for something completely harmless create a sense of hostility. and unless you've had many interactions with a person before, or unless someone said something that made you not give a shit, why would you want to create a sense of hostility simply because you didnt share a persons good-natured enthusiasm for something?

i guess in understanding this, it helps to not be autistic.

this is like that episode of star trek where data wants to understand how it feels to laugh (or was it cry? i cant remember. only star trek episode ive ever seen)

this is like that episode of star trek where data wants to understand how it feels to laugh (or was it cry? i cant remember. only star trek episode ive ever seen)

I've never seen a Star Trek episode or movie in its entirety. Is this a reference to the Spock character?

it's pretty bad!!

Star Trek is so sufficiently goofy and well-known and "in the cultural atmosphere," that even though I've never seen a full episode, I was still able to appreciate the parody version in Black Mirror. I think that might even be my favorite episode.

And why the hell should anyone have a ‘great hatred’ for f***ing Grease? That’s such weird thing to care so much about.

Weird to you, maybe, but you're not me. We hate and love things to various extents and for various reasons. I could write a whole essay on Grease, if you're interested. I'd have to watch it again, though, and that's something I'd rather not do.

The most interesting thing remarked about Grease here was when gashonthenail said it has recently become a minor lightning rod for criticism from the "woke" quarter for being "sexist, racist, rapey, homophobic, slut-shaming, and creepy." I can see the point, even though personally I hate Grease for aesthetic reasons over politico-cultural ones. It is pretty trashy, though, and in a cutesy way that makes it cozy for kids. "Creepy" is not far off the mark.

Morrissey does like some hot garbage sometimes so I wouldn’t want to bet high stakes on his opinion of Grease.

They really should do a remake where the cool kids wear black trench coats. That would keep you guys going for months.

That was obviously written by M
Jesse would never use the word "meanderings" and I'm almost certain he doesn't know what a "peanut gallery " is. He can barely speak and write for god sake.

You would think M would have the brains to at least do his missives in the style of the person posting This is why nobody (with a brain) respects "Morrissey band"
My daughter's friends have more game than M , so do the kids of my ex-wives and they are 5
ex-wives,you must like wedding cake.

im sure number 4 is just round the corner.
I expect you are right. My job means im rarely in one country. I always thought it wasn't cheating if you were in a different post code
I like the Bruce Lee pic, i used to study Wing Chun. I used to say "do you feel wing chun tonight"
Nobody thought it was funny .

Back
Top Bottom