Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

do you know why i posted a picture of a BIG OL CHEESEBALL in reply to you, @Gregor Samsa ??
What’s important is that it made you feel better. I can see you now, with a spring in your step as you skip down the street to your local pharmacy, thrilled to bits that I humor you, pleased with your own almost wildean cleverness. Maybe this evening, you may even dare to cut the pill in half?

What’s important is that it made you feel better. I can see you now, with a spring in your step as you skip down the street to your local pharmacy, thrilled to bits that I humor you, pleased with your own almost wildean cleverness. Maybe this evening, you may even dare to cut the pill in half?
the answer was actually much simpler than that, but being that you're a BIG OL CHEESEBALL you had to go and make some cheesy post to illustrate my point.

No. He speaks that same way all the time. And there's no way he could have known that the Mirror would have picked up on something he said at a random gig in another country. Or that one word would be ripped out of a sentence to reignite the "race row" in a broadsheet that normally wouldn't do that kind of thing. He also wouldn't stop speaking to publications that upset him. Blanking the NME for 12 years, & now probably forever, is unheard o

When you write “no,” what you are saying is “this is inconceivable to me as it doesn’t fit my narrative.”

Of course Morrissey couldn’t know specifically how the quote would be used, but this comes years after another random gig in another country where he said of Madonna, “I wouldn’t be surprised if she made that African boy into a coat and wore him. “ That random quote took on a life of its own.

To believe as you do is to deny him his agency. He is just a lifeboat adrift on the sea, helpless and looking for rescue, for your theories to be correct. Actually, he mastered the art of the quote at the beginning of The Smith’s career. He is not dumb, and dumb is what he would have to be not to recognize the value of these statements you believe are random.

I do take your point that he stopped speaking to the NME, but they confronted him and he has shown he doesn’t like that and doesn’t do well with it. Der Spiegel is one example, but I have already written enough about that. Instead I offer the example of when he said his former record company refused to rerelease “Paris,” and then when they released the emails showing this was not true, he dropped it.

Maybe something clicked and he realized that being shown wanting to capitalize on a terror attack was a little further than he wanted to be seen doing publicly. Capitalize is the exact thing he wanted to do, as they offered to do the release once an agreement was in place giving proceeds to the victims. That ended the discussion but he still expected to get away with the lie, and even named the record executive publicly, possibly hoping for “Beyhive” type harassment.

Anyway, they usually just say, “Oh , that naughty Morrissey is at it again,” but if they say too much he will sue, in rare cases, or simply deny and , if proof appears, change the subject. There are always some fans that will defend him no matter how weak the case may be.

Anyway, he is either an idiot or a troll and I lean towards “troll.”

Back
Top Bottom