Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Nice try. Again, I know the man. Don’t try an pull the wool over my eyes. George is no liberal.

You could at least try to remember who you're pretending to be.

20211212_193559.jpg

The police haven't been arresting people because of covid but I guess that is over because I saw this homeless guy getting arrested at 7-Eleven and then the guy inside said he was the third one that night. All the ones I see every day are gone. I walk around a few blocks every day and where I would usually see at least twenty-five I only see one or two.

They probably don't have arrest warrants or weren't holding drugs. The one I saw being arrested was being searched very thoroughly. It's completely different than how they dealt with them even a week ago.

One comment on the above article is particularly eerie.

"They are on their way to the Soylent Green Corporation Factories, “Soylent Green is people!” We can't be far off."

I’m not actually called Boomer either. That just happens to be the name I once used on here and it remains on my iPad.

I understand that the real problem is the billionaires and not the homeless but since most people in the middle classes are still buying the dream that they too can someday be rich and were just unfortunately overlooked when the power and privilege was handed out I don't think we're ready to address that yet.
And meanwhile you've got a few people that are actually down on their luck and out of options but then you have many more who are part of the homeless culture. If you gave them a place to live they'd just destroy it. All they want is to smoke meth or drink or do heroin and they're done trying to be nice about it. They need cash every day and if you have $10 in your pocket they think you're Elon Musk and should give them at least $5.

The other night I went home at 2am and this dude was sitting on my front steps. I've seen him before and I've said hi because he said hi and didn't ask me for anything. But he wouldn't leave and I don't want to go inside and go to sleep with someone sitting on the porch. So I spent about a half hour telling him to go. He finally took all his stuff and put it on a little strip of grass owned by the city but still right at the bottom of my steps.
See what I'd like to do is go inside and get a gun or bat and say if you don't leave I'm going to end you right here. I finally had to call the police and when they came he left.
Last week some homeless people broke into the empty house behind me. It used to be rented until another homeless person set it on fire and the owner's insurance won't cover the repair. They paid insurance for over twenty years and when they need to collect they can't get back a fraction of what they've paid. And the police didn't care about the person starting fires even though they'd set other fires around town. They said that he was mentally ill and not fit to stand trial anyway. And the funding for mentally ill was cut by Reagan decades ago and has never been fixed.

The only thing the police want to be involved in is things like they impounded my friend's perfectly legal work trailer for being parked in the same spot for two weeks. They didn't leave a notice. They just came and got it one day and he had to pay $1700 to get it back. He works and pays taxes. They only want to do things that result in them making money from impounding property or giving fines to people that can actually pay them.
If you are homeless you can't pay fines, and you stink so they don't want you in their car where you might puke and they don't want to have you in jail for six months because that costs money. This homeless couple had their garbage bags full of crap on my lawn and I asked them to leave. The woman wanted to go but lots of times the men have been so beat down and disrespected by everyone that they can't just walk away. They feel like you have to ask them very nicely to please get their garbage bag full of garbage and things they stole and leave. He says, "Call the cops. they won't come." So I took their bags and went and put it in the toter and she started screaming about how that's her property.
I said "How in the f*** do you suddenly understand the concept of property? f*** you. You've been on my property and that didn't mean anything but I throw your garbage away and suddenly you get it?" She started to get her stuff and I started taking pictures of them and they left. They did come back and get their stuff but I haven't seen them since.
If I was homeless I would do everything I could to avoid conflict but they think that they own everything and that you're supposed to feel sorry for them when they need a cigarette. I love to tell them I don't smoke and they can't afford to either.
IMG_0452.JPG

This is what this guy was pushing around up and down the street 24 hours a day.

IMG_0451.JPG

Here he is with the stuff he moved off my steps but then decided to leave it on this grass because the city owns it.

IMG_0454.JPG

And he got the idea he needed to fix this street drain at 2:30am because he thinks it's clogged. You can see what could be a lobotomy scar. They just didn't quite get it right.
Anyway, argued with this idiot for a half hour and finally the cops came and told him to leave but that's all they did. Where is the Rodney King squad when you need them. But, oh, he's not black so never mind I guess. Anyway I saw him every day and now he is gone so thumbs up to the police and their crackdown.

One time I got into an argument with this homeless guy named Shortstack. My friend would hire him because she felt sorry for him. At that time I worked in her antique store and she'd hire him to do yardwork. We were only open three days a week but he would always do the yard work on those days and then talk to the customers while I was trying to sell things and generally give the impression that we're a reputable shop that sells nice things and not a place where some Boxcar Willie wannabe is going to come up and start talking to you about random bullshit.
So I basically, in the tradition of asking the help to use the back door, told him to only come to the shop to do yardwork on days were are closed.
he got mad and started telling me that my boss likes him and that she didn't care when he came to work there and os I called her right in front of him and told her the deal and handed him the phone and she told him something, probably that I'm an asshole but that he shouldn't come there when the shop is open.
That really made him mad so after the phone call he said "You'd better watch out!" lol
I said, "Listen Shortstack, you are the one that needs to watch out. You ride around on your f***ing bicycle on that dark road out to the camp and if someone came along in a car and bumped you into the ditch the cops would probably spend about five seconds investigating what happened to you." Then he started naming all these cops he's friends with and I just kept laughing until he finally shut up and left.

I know it sounds like I'm a bully but I'm not. I mind my own business. Every interaction I have with these people is when they approach me, ask me for something, or when they are in the yard or dragging their garbage all over the front of the house where I live. I mind my own business and if I was homeless I would certainly mind my own business.

I don't have take out containers though, so no soup. I have my big bowl I use for myself and a smaller one for guests. I wouldn't invite him into my apartment.

Yes, I could maybe do that, paint him and donate the painting to The Kettle Society. I'm going to email them with a project idea.

He actually was okay until then but he talks to himself a lot. One night he was pushing his cart though and yelling "Stop touching me!"
I do feel sorry for him because he might have been sexually abused. That was what it made me think of and he's not very old. He's maybe 22 or something so writing him off completely is pretty sad.
The whole thing is that I can't go to sleep with someone hanging out right outside waiting for their meth psychosis to give them their next great idea. When I had a two bedroom house I let this one guy live in my spare bedroom and had him work and it was okay for about three months. He came there one night and said he was done with drugs and needed help. He didn't do drugs for three months and then he did and stole some of my things. After I made him leave he stole a car and went to prison. He was only 19.
That is the same house the other one set on fire. 4am and the house is on fire and I lost lots of my things between the damage and having to move quickly, so basically I have tried to help and now I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom