Of The Smiths & Morrissey's 14 studio albums which ones, above all others, stole your heart away?

Of The Smiths & Morrissey's 14 studio albums, which ones, above all others, stole your heart awa

• Total voters
Re: Of The Smiths & Morrissey's 14 studio albums which ones, above all others, stole your heart away

Hatful of Hollow
The Queen Is Dead
Strangeways, Here We Come
Viva Hate
Bona Drag

Re: Of The Smiths & Morrissey's 14 studio albums which ones, above all others, stole your heart away

The Smiths... though it's a tie between that and "Bombs".

LOL people are voting for world peace? really?

Undoubtedly The Queen Is Dead. The first album I was lent, and my introduction to Morrissey a decade or so ago, whilst still at school. No album has had the same impact since.

Strangeways

The Smiths, Meat Is Murder,The Queen Is Dead, Your Arsenal, You Are The Quarry, World Peace Is None Of Your Business… But anyway the entire work I owe, and it must means something… d.d.d.don't you find? P.S.: I've received my 1st copy (as I bought cd,cd deluxe, & Vinyl) of WPISNOYB and I'm adoring "Staircase At The University"

"The Only One Around Here Who Is Me… Is Me!!"

The smiths debut album is without doubt my favourite, it's bleak, haunting, flawed in places but I think that's where it shines, stripped back without the gloss, it's definitely the most atmospheric and how many laughably good tunes do u want on an album, from 1 to 11 it's a joke how good each track is, I just don't see how anyone can disagree. As for morrisseys solo, (albeit compilation) I'll say bona drag, again how many good tunes do u want, one after the other. I'll never waver on these choices, I listen to them more than any other. (I mean take a look at them track listings and laugh out loud)

The Smiths - Louder Than Bombs
Morrissey -Vauxhall and I

I'm personally not sure they could be compared, really. I could tell you my favorite Smiths album or my favorite solo album, but I couldn't pin it down to just one out of the both of them.

mcrickson - agreed, this should have been a multiple choice poll!

I don’t think they can/should be compared. So I voted for that one.

I'm relatively new to The Smiths and Morrissey (I've been listening near-religiously for a year now), the first song I heard was 'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want' and that initially enticed me, then I heard 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore' and since then I have been addicted. Naturally it followed that the first album I listened to was 'Meat Is Murder' so I must go with that.

I'm relatively new to The Smiths and Morrissey (I've been listening near-religiously for a year now), the first song I heard was 'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want' and that initially enticed me, then I heard 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore' and since then I have been addicted. Naturally it followed that the first album I listened to was 'Meat Is Murder' so I must go with that.

I think MIM was the first actual album of theirs I really dug into as well. I heard “Singles” and “Louder than Bombs” around the same time too. From the opening chords of “Headmaster Ritual”, I was hooked.

Hatful of Hollow

I think MIM was the first actual album of theirs I really dug into as well. I heard “Singles” and “Louder than Bombs” around the same time too. From the opening chords of “Headmaster Ritual”, I was hooked.

But Singles didn't come out until 1995. You didn't hear Louder Than Bombs until 1995? Can't be. Say it ain't so Fred.

I'm a very new fan, so when I set out to discover his music after hearing a few of the more popular songs and seeing the Rockpalast show on Youtube, I started with The Smiths and now I've reached Southpaw.

So The Smiths, although I'm not a fan of the production, is what stole my heart. The songs are ace.

But Singles didn't come out until 1995. You didn't hear Louder Than Bombs until 1995? Can't be. Say it ain't so Fred.

’98 actually! I was a junior in h.s. then (I just turned 33 this year). I’d known OF Moz/Smiths for a while before that actually. I remember seeing the video for “Tomorrow” and then later, “The More You Ignore Me” but at the time it was too “soft” for me (HA)....I got into “alternative” music with Nirvana/R.E.M. and stuff...then HEAVILY into hardcore/punk, which is how I discovered the Smiths. I haven’t been the same since.

Back
Top Bottom