Of Montreal

Summal

Just discovered this band, and I can't praise them enough! Any Of Montreal fans on the forum?
Anybody's got the song called Every Day feels Like Sunday? Would be funny to hear it.

AVC: The bonus EP that came with Sunlandic had a song called “Every Day Feels Like Sunday.” Is that a tongue-in-cheek reference to the Morrissey song “Every Day Is Like Sunday”?
KB: No, it’s funny. I guess it’s the zeitgeist at work, but I’m not a big Morrissey fan, and I’ve actually never heard [his] song before. I wrote it, and then someone [told me], “That’s basically a Morrissey song. You just ripped off a Morrissey song!” [Laughs.] It’s kind of embarrassing. It’s like, “Oh shit, are you serious?” [Laughs.] It’s so hard to come up with an original idea anymore.

http://www.avclub.com/content/node/40244

I'm not fond of their "style", but I must say that "the past is a grotesque animal" is one hell of a song.

They're touring England end of May, play Manchester on my birthday, can't wait. Assuming the tickets actually ever go on sale.

they're great, i saw them in minneapolis not too long ago and their live show is incredible. i agree that hissing fauna is probably the best cd of 2007 so far.

At the Manchester gig, everyone in the audience seem to know the words to every song. Amazing live. Truely amazing.

Clips of the gig on youtube btw.

Back
Top Bottom