Odd Questions, perhaps, re Morrissey's Development

of course im not on here 24/7 and when i am on here my attention is usually taken up by other things, so it's possible that a concentrated effort at ignoring me on your part would go unnoticed by myself.

:)
according to F 'The Matrix 4' C no pile on:handpointdown:

Disagreeing with someone that another person agrees with is not piling on

:hammer:

I certainly have no issue with you, as you’re a fellow Catholic… not that I would anyway. I definitely had no mean-spirited intentions when I started responding, but Vex and I approach Morrissey very differently than one another. I definitely don’t agree with her on certain things regarding Morrissey. It’s just the way things are.

For one thing, I think in her pursuit to show compassion to Morrissey, that she infantilizes an almost 63 year old man.

Thank you for clarifying FF. : - )

As for Vex, I would disagree. But even if what she wrote did suffer a mothering or infantilising excess of compassion, it would be no bad thing in my eyes. It would only serve to balance all the hatred here.

I also just feel very, very tenderly towards this tormented man.

As for Vex, I would disagree. But even if what she wrote did suffer a mothering or infantilising excess of compassion, it would be no bad thing in my eyes. It would only serve to balance all the hatred here.

I guess if you think finding fault with someone through a truthful look at things they've said is "hatred" then you have a point. But Morrissey says "unfortunate" things pretty regularly and hatred and spite seem to be a couple of his favorite motivators. He's definitely tormented but making up new narratives to "explain" everything he ever said and then trying to steamroll everyone until they agree with you hasn't proven to be an effective tactic for Vex.

I guess if you think finding fault with someone through a truthful look at things they've said is "hatred" then you have a point. But Morrissey says "unfortunate" things pretty regularly and hatred and spite seem to be a couple of his favorite motivators. He's definitely tormented but making up new narratives to "explain" everything he ever said and then trying to steamroll everyone until they agree with you hasn't proven to be an effective tactic for Vex.
I think what Catholic is referring to, when Catholic is talking about balancing out “hatred” is a few specific people.

And I think you might‘ve have a pretty good idea of who I’m speaking of….
One of these people gives the impression of wanting Morrissey utterly destroyed and destitute.
This person also seems to latch onto any salacious and weird gossip that makes Morrissey look as bad as possible. This person feels personally betrayed.

She might not be talking about people who give reasonable critique of his words and actions. Along with people, that might not always enjoy 100% of his solo work, but who are fair in their opinions. Not unhinged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, Morrissey is tormented. Even though, sometimes, I think tormented artist types like to wallow in their own misery; They might even believe that their art /creativity improves that way.

I think he has somewhat of a martyr complex as well. And, no that doesn’t mean I have no compassion for him, because I do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eh, you lot could be described as trying to steam roll me into accepting your old explanations.

The thing is - I know I'm right about this because I got the backstory from people involved irl.

It's also obvious from the way his words are edited. No matter how spiteful he was journalists still printing three words from a joke quiz he answered in 1985 is bizarre.

FFS WTF? its not hatred if truthful but somehow you and Barnaby here, know whats in Moz mind:)
if you say the truth 1 time your are good and truthful but if you say the truth regularly then you are a hater??:crazy:
makes no sense FC
it makes better sense to say that if you are LePepe devotee posting spammer pap in the Moz site then for sure you are a hater spammer.:mad:

PS the only time Barnaby has seen France/Uk was while watching PBS with the rabbit ears:lbf:

Yes, Morrissey is tormented. Even though, sometimes, I think tormented artist types like to wallow in their own misery; They might even believe that their art /creativity improves that way.

they may believe it simply because they have proven it to themselves that it does work as a creative tool.

Now is it healthy, necessary, worth while? that’s debatable.

I think he has somewhat of a martyr complex as well. And, no that doesn’t mean I have no compassion for him, because I do.

they may believe it simply because they have proven it to themselves that it does work as a creative tool.

Now is it healthy, necessary, worth while? that’s debatable.
I don’t necessarily disagree with your comments here.

This could also apply to people that take drugs because they think it might enhance their creativity.

Eh, you lot could be described as trying to steam roll me into accepting your old explanations.

The thing is - I know I'm right about this because I got the backstory from people involved irl.

It's also obvious from the way his words are edited. No matter how spiteful he was journalists still printing three words from a joke quiz he answered in 1985 is bizarre.

I don't have the irl picture. But I agree so much is obvious just from the media alone.

The British media can be horrendous in ways that might shock some Americans here. (Well, unless the American media has now degenerated to the gutter level of Britain. But 40 years ago it shocked me, moving to England from America.)

I think of Yoko Ono. Treated with pure venom with very little reason by the British media, in a way unthinkable in America, at that time anyway.

Back
Top Bottom