Odd Questions, perhaps, re Morrissey's Development

Well, you won’t find out, if you never finish writing that book! I mean, how else would he trace you?

Ah! the mystery there will no longer be, when he informs you that he likes to wear ice cream at home too!
i dont know if he eats dairy, ket!!! cause he posted once on his now defunct instagram a picture of a piece of dairy-free (or was it gluten free?) pumpkin pie! he put it on a ghost plate, it was so cute!!! eating pumpkin pie off of a ghost plate is called having quality of life!!

i knowwwwwwwwwwww, ket, i gotta finish writing my book!!! i got everyone at work to agree to buy a copy to get my sales up! i heard you only need to sell five thousand copies in a week to have a best seller, that doesnt seem so hard!! maybe they'll put it on display at my work and naturally because im so interesting everyone who comes in will want to buy a copy!!!

it'll be so titillating to have everyone read about my (or, rather, my characters, which it to say, my, since the character is based one me) love for neil, knowing that they have never and will never love anyone so grandiosely!!!

i hope he wont show up at my door though, id much rather him show up at a book signing at waterstones or what not! ive envisioned such a meeting many, MANY times!!!! ❤️

i dont get it, ket!! im not in suede!!!
no, I’m saying he may be the type that thinks it’s cute to introduce himself that way ( that he’s in that band Suede) knowing that you probably already know that he’s in Suede.

btw there is dairy free ice cream

no, I’m saying he may be the type that thinks it’s cute to introduce himself that way ( that he’s in that band Suede) knowing that you probably already know that he’s in Suede.

btw there is dairy free ice cream
oh my gosh, that would be sooooooo cute!!!!!!!! :lbf:

and i would say to him: Ive never heard of it. ive only heard of the band 'neil codling & those other guys"!!!

he'd LOVE it.

oh yes, i knew there was dairy free ice cream. just cause i would never eat it doesnt mean it doesnt exist!!

Pile ons happen here a lot and I think they are completely unecessary. That being said, I am not totally innocent either, I get it. I don't think you started it but I think you participated. I have also gotten so annoyed at people here I have said things I probably shouldn't have said, I don't regret saying them but I just shouldn't.
"Not totally innocent", well that's an understatement. You have participated in "pile ons" here and said shameful, disgusting personal things, @Flora Fauna has said nothing in the same league to Vex.

I don't know Vex, I don't know anyone here. I am newly registered but I have been coming here off and on posting as Anon for years, but only staying for short periods of time, this is the longest I have stayed.
Pile ons happen here a lot and I think they are completely unecessary. That being said, I am not totally innocent either, I get it. I don't think you started it but I think you participated. I have also gotten so annoyed at people here I have said things I probably shouldn't have said, I don't regret saying them but I just shouldn't have.
There are people here I definitely do not like and never will.
I don't have any issues with you at all, what I really have an issue with is that someone tried to start a thread to discuss something and it went this way. This same person tried to start a convo in another area of the site tonite and someone decided it would be a good idea to troll that.
It's getting really hard to have conversations here. The things you and I have said are nothing compared to some of the other things said here, it's really obnoxious.
So, I was not trying to single you out, sorry if it looked that way. There are just some people here who go out of their way to be jerks.
I hate Marr, probably always will now, wasn't always that way, I get attacked for it, it's just stupid. I got called a c*** and worse, for not liking Marr.
This is my really long way of saying I am tired of some of the site issues and some of the people here. I think you make good contributions and I hope you enjoy your time here. Using Ignore is probably the best we can do.
Disagreeing with someone that another person agrees with is not piling on. You stick your nose in everything and try to instigate drama with your "subtweeting" indirect style.. If you have an issue with "someone" you should address them directly.

I certainly have no issue with you, as you’re a fellow Catholic… not that I would anyway. I definitely had no mean-spirited intentions when I started responding, but Vex and I approach Morrissey very differently than one another. I definitely don’t agree with her on certain things regarding Morrissey. It’s just the way things are.

For one thing, I think in her pursuit to show compassion to Morrissey, that she infantilizes an almost 63 year old man.

I don't infantilize him.

He has more than once referred to his inability to grow up - but his mental health issues are acute enough to impact his ability to deal with public life & don't think there's any shame in that.

You're just annoyed because you want him to be a right-winger & despite the press headlines there isn't enough supporting evidence for it.

The larger disaster is the two leading faces in the presidential race, as the world prepares to shake its head in disbelief when the new president is named. Clinton is the face and voice of pooled money (and will therefore repay the established elite with whatever they want if she is elected), and Donald Thump is George Wallace – hating just about anyone who doesn’t happen to be Donald Thump. Surely this is not 2016 America? Thump’s only achievement so far is in making Sarah Palin seem intelligent, which, admittedly, is so difficult as to be a colossal strike in his favor. The true victory of the presidential race has been the independent success of Bernie Sanders, whose approach has been so sane and intelligent and measured that he has been therefore all but entirely ignored by the U.S. media, who cannot understand anyone who is not blood-thirsty. This is because Bernie Sanders is human, and one who unusually did not gain his position because of several billion invested dollars. His many primary successes in the presidential race have been headlined as LOSS FOR CLINTON, whereas a Clinton win has not ever been headlined as LOSS FOR SANDERS. Bernie Sanders has been pushed out by the media because the idea of a self-made man who does not crave international war is completely alien to such as Fox News. The idea of a man who is popular because he calls for world peace and for rescue of the environment cannot provide outraged headlines for CNN, who have devoted their online news page to Donald Thump long before Thump was even a logical contender. Thump doing absolutely nothing has been more newsworthy to CNN than Sanders’ state-to-state victories. (Morrissey, True to You, June 2016)

Last edited by a moderator:
The nerve of it - the things people have said to me on this site (I've been called a c*** more than once - plus had death threats) & me having a different opinion & citing sources for it is some kind of terrible thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vex, I am very sorry for all this grief for you having responded to my question.

I am very grateful to you for all this, as I am for certain other responses.

One does not need to know someone intimately to say the things you do. Great biographies have been written of people the biographer never met.

What one needs is to pay careful attention to the person over years, intelligently reflect on what s/he says, listening to anecdotes from others etc.

You are most obviously doing this.

Does this mean you are infallible? Of course not. But I don't hear you claiming that either!

Another thing, many/most of us read books/articles by journalists, authors etc trying to understand Morrissey or whoever, without knowing their subjects deeply. IMHO, you could do a better job here than a great many.

If you ever wrote a book of Morrissey, I would buy it in an instant.

And, no, I do not think it would be an infallible oracle on all things Moz - but it would be damn well worth reading!

I started this thread and remain really very grateful for these kind of responses.

Would also be grateful for links to other observers, articles etc considering these kinds of questions.

That's kind of you. I'm always pitching him these days - so the stars will align on something.

Disagreeing with someone that another person agrees with is not piling on. You stick your nose in everything and try to instigate drama with your "subtweeting" indirect style.. If you have an issue with "someone" you should address them directly.

:)
disagreeing with someone that another person agrees with is not piling on?? WTF does that mean FFS⁉️⁉️
it cant possibly be true since it makes no sense.
:hammer:

The nerve of it - the things people have said to me on this site (I've been called a c*** more than once - plus had death threats) & me having a different opinion & citing sources for it is some kind of terrible thing?
when have you ever had death threats here? dont be ridiculous. youre not that important to anyone

when have you ever had death threats here? dont be ridiculous. youre not that important to anyone

Early 2020 - there was an Anon who went through a phase of sending me 3 to 5 abusive posts in a row, including a meme they made about hanging me.

There was another situation that was more serious - so I can't go into details.

Why would I need to be important to anyone? It's the internet, all sorts of weirdness happens.

Early 2020 - there was an Anon who went through a phase of sending me 3 to 5 abusive posts in a row, including a meme they made about hanging me.

There was another situation that was more serious - so I can't go into details.

Why would I need to be important to anyone? It's the internet, all sorts of weirdness happens.
i just cant see you inspiring such strong feelings in anyone. youre more just like an annoying bug that wont go away.

see what i mean? an annoying bug that wont go away. at the most, someone might threaten to swat you with a rolled up newspaper.

That would kill a bug, so you're undermining your own argument.

That would kill a bug, so you're undermining your own argument.
okay, so does this count as the second death threat you've had?

yeah, i figured your first one was probably just as fantastically contorted in your own mind to make something out of nothing so tthat you could fancy yourself some sort of warrior defendant of morrissey amidst all the slings and arrows.

you are so f***ing delusional it's scary.

now shoo.

okay, so does this count as the second death threat you've had?

yeah, i figured your first one was probably just as fantastically contorted in your own mind to make something out of nothing so tthat you could fancy yourself some sort of warrior defendant of morrissey amidst all the slings and arrows.

you are so f***ing delusional it's scary.

now shoo.

No, it doesn't. You're obviously just a mardy cow - & if you can't detect sarcasm you're the one with the 'making something out of nothing' issue.

Back
Top Bottom