Odd Questions, perhaps, re Morrissey's Development

I actually agree with you about the Woody Allen and Mia Farrow case. I think that‘s not a black & white case, in the way the media likes to portray it as. And I agree with you that everyone deserves due process.

And yes, I’m aware hitting on someone isn’t the same thing as assault. However, I do truly believe the alleged victims of Kevin Spacey. Harvey Weinstein is more complicated case for me, even though, I feel he is quite repellent a character.
The HBO documentary on the Woody Allen case talks to lots of people involved in it. I know that all documentaries have a viewpoint and that he wasn't actually convicted but it's really not about Mia Farrow, or how eccentric she really is. The whole situation with them was strange and as a predator he took advantage of that. There are doctors, judges and social workers who gave interviews and as nutty as Mia Farrow may be these people are pretty solid.

But that's kind of another subject anyway to detract from what Morrissey actually said.

After Kevin Spacey spent weeks gaining the trust of the parents of a 14 year old boy Morrissey's comment is "where were the parents?" This implies to me that if a sexual predator like Spacey can gain the trust of a family and lure a kid to his home that anything that happens is the parents' fault. As you said, it's unfortunate.

Now you're suddenly remembering more of the interview. The casting couch is a thing but Weinstein is a convicted rapist and that's a different thing. Stringing all those things together seems like an attempt to muddy the waters. Nothing "turned out not to be true" in the case of Weinstein or Spacey.
Supporting the powerful perpetrators of sexual violence against the relatively powerless victims of it is a shitty thing to do.

The interview was in November 2017, Weinstein was convicted in March 2020. And he didn't mention Weinstein. Not once. He was literally talking about cases that turn out not to be true.

Spacey hasn't been convicted.

The kid was a regular at cast parties - Spacey didn't spend months getting the parents to trust him. He made a pass at a party, got turned down & that was the end.

On a side note - everyone knew he was a sleaze. But there wasn't any worse rumours about him.

That's really strange, if I were to believe anything you write, because you're saying Michael Jackson is a pedo in another thread. I believe he is, but you seem to apply these beliefs you're claiming to hold in a really arbitrary manner.
You act as if what you say matters to me. It doesn't. I tried, you told me to f*** all the way off, so we have nothing to talk about.

You act as if what you say matters to me. It doesn't. I tried, you told me to f*** all the way off, so we have nothing to talk about.
I'm not acting like anything. I'm pointing out that you're a habitual liar. I feel sorry for your husband if he actually exists. lol

The interview was in November 2017, Weinstein was convicted in March 2020. And he didn't mention Weinstein. Not once. He was literally talking about cases that turn out not to be true.

Spacey hasn't been convicted.

The kid was a regular at cast parties - Spacey didn't spend months getting the parents to trust him. He made a pass at a party, got turned down & that was the end.

On a side note - everyone knew he was a sleaze. But there wasn't any worse rumours about him.
What you're saying here is not true.
Spacey's victims keep dying before they get to court.
And "a regular at cast parties" what are you talking about? Can you show me a link for that? "made a pass at a party" is not close to what is alleged to have happened.
Who are you talking about in "everyone knew he was a sleaze. But there wasn't any worse rumours about him."
If it's Spacey you're referring to there are rumors about him now that are worse, but at the time, decades ago, there weren't. This isn't like people that let their kids spend a week with Wacko Jacko, Spacey was positioning himself to act as a mentor and he did spend weeks establishing trust.

So, again, believe what you want to but please accept that not everyone is drinking the same kool-aid.

Last edited:
He's aging well too, not all the pretty boys do
if you ask me he's a thousand times sexier than he was when he was 26. i mean he was an achingly beautiful youth, but theres something touching about this man who was the embodiment of the poetic ideal of youth wedded with beauty having aged, something grounding about that. you no longer fear the gods are going to call him back to the realm of ideal forms from whence he came direct with no stopovers on his way. he's been consigned wholly to the earth now. ❤️

And "a regular at cast parties" what are you talking about? Can you show me a link for that? "made a pass at a party" is not close to what is alleged to have happened.
Who are you talking about in "everyone knew he was a sleaze. But there wasn't any worse rumours about him."
If it's Spacey you're referring to there are rumors about him now that are worse, but at the time, decades ago, there weren't. This is like people that let their kids spend a week with Wacko Jacko, Spacey was positioning himself to act as a mentor and he did spend weeks establishing trust.

So, again, believe what you want to but please accept that not everyone is drinking the same kool-aid.
OMG😱
She never stops, does she? Is this a personal crusade that she is undertaking?? To rehabilitate Morrissey, and then he will personally get in contact with her…..and reward her with a dream job of working for him?
I had to put her on ignore! She’s exasperating. I never sought out to be combative with her, but she’s very irritating.

if you ask me he's a thousand times sexier than he was when he was 26. i mean he was an achingly beautiful youth, but theres something touching about this man who was the embodiment of the poetic ideal of youth wedded with beauty having aged, something grounding about that. you no longer fear the gods are going to call him back to the realm of ideal forms from whence he came direct with no stopovers on his way. he's been consigned wholly to the earth now. ❤️
In the younger pics, he reminds me a bit of my husband. You wouldn't mistake them for twins but there's a resemblance. Like the pic I posted where his head is tilted, I have a pic of my husband facing the other way and he head is bit more tilted down, they do have the same piercing blue eyes.
Neil really was beautiful, he still is. Very genetically gifted, I get why he seems ethereal.
Some men just grow into their looks, I think Bowie is a good example, I think he became much more handsome over the years.

If it's Spacey you're referring to there are rumors about him now that are worse, but at the time, decades ago, there weren't. This is like people that let their kids spend a week with Wacko Jacko, Spacey was positioning himself to act as a mentor and he did spend weeks establishing trust.

Morrissey was talking about the Anthony Rapp allegation, as it was reported in 2017, which is this:

In an interview with BuzzFeed News, Rapp is publicly alleging for the first time that in 1986, Spacey befriended Rapp while they both performed on Broadway shows, invited Rapp over to his apartment for a party, and, at the end of the night, picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance. According to public records, Spacey was 26. Rapp was 14.

When Rapp first met Spacey in 1986, he was a couple of months into the Broadway run of Precious Sons, starring Ed Harris and Judith Ivey, for which Rapp was receiving significant praise. At the same time, Spacey was enjoying his first major break with a supporting role alongside his idol Jack Lemmon in a revival of Long Day's Journey Into Night.

Both productions were earning enough critical attention that the casts were attending celebratory events. "It was at one of those events where I met Kevin Spacey for the first time," Rapp recalled.

He was meeting a lot of actors during that period, enjoying the time-honored custom of late-night, post-show gatherings at which many different Broadway casts would eat and mingle. Rapp had relocated from Joliet, Illinois, with his mother Mary for the run of the play; he'd even taken the semester off from school. Sometimes his mother would accompany him to those events, but sometimes she'd let him go alone.

Spacey was the artistic director of the Old Vic for over 10 years. There were endless rumours about him auditioning, hiring & hanging round actors he fancied. It was a running joke in rehearsal rooms.

OMG😱
She never stops, does she? Is this a personal crusade that she is undertaking?? To rehabilitate Morrissey, and then he will personally get in contact with her…..and reward her with a dream job of working for him?
I had to put her on ignore! She’s exasperating. I never sought out to be combative with her, but she’s very irritating.
I like her and try not to take it personally but she is on a mission, yes.

He hasn't shifted to the right at all. He thought the left had shifted to the right.

And he wasn't entirely wrong.

He's more desperate to get abattoirs banned.

And he's more upset by media.

He hasn't been in good health since 2009.

And seems to have become more religious because of his mother's illness & death.
Do you have Tea with Morrissey often ?

Do you have Tea with Morrissey often ?

He says these things in his statements & interviews.

If you have evidence that he's been lying or an update on his position - you can post it.

OMG😱
I’ve seen her go a full 4-5 days on here, she’s not even warmed up yet

Back
Top Bottom