Odd Questions, perhaps, re Morrissey's Development

He became a right wing shill because he can't be bothered to inform himself and he started siding with the perpetrators of sexual abuse and seeing them as the victims, and the actual victims as the ones to blame.
But he did record some pretty cool songs, although not on the level of his earlier or peak work.
Yes, the Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey comments were unfortunate. I think Morrissey doesn’t know when not to be a contrarian. He enjoys making provocative statements too often.

He hasn't shifted to the right at all. He thought the left had shifted to the right.

And he wasn't entirely wrong.

He's more desperate to get abattoirs banned.

And he's more upset by media.

He hasn't been in good health since 2009.

And seems to have become more religious because of his mother's illness & death.
of course nerak would be right on it!! :lbf:

Oh, f*** off.

Politics went batshit in the 10s.

He not side with perpetrators, he wondered if the stories in the media were true.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and you should just accept that not everyone is going to agree with you.
His comments to Der Spiegel sided with the perpetrators in both cases and were not about whether the stories were true.
With Cliff Richard he does seem to be making the point that the media reports weren't true but that's not explicitly stated. It's hinted at in lyrics.

Stop trying to control the narrative. I made one short post. You've made several long posts. If you feel that my one brief post somehow endangers the story you're attempting to force everyone to believe then I have to doubt your own confidence in it.
I believe exactly what I wrote. It's okay if you believe something else.

Yes, the Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey comments were unfortunate. I think Morrissey doesn’t know when not to be a contrarian. He enjoys making provocative statements too often.
Part of it was that he didn't seem to be too informed on the specifics of the accusations against either. I think unfortunate is the perfect word for it.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and you should just accept that not everyone is going to agree with you.
His comments to Der Spiegel sided with the perpetrators in both cases and were not about whether the stories were true.
With Cliff Richard he does seem to be making the point that the media reports weren't true but that's not explicitly stated. It's hinted at in lyrics.

Stop trying to control the narrative. I made one short post. You've made several long posts. If you feel that my one brief post somehow endangers the story you're attempting to force everyone to believe then I have to doubt your own confidence in it.
I believe exactly what I wrote. It's okay if you believe something else.

He didn't mention Weinstein at all, he was asked what he thought of Spacey being edited out of a film & they were talking about the media coverage. He said it had become theatrical.

He also made it clear he was against sexual violence.

Weren’t these health issues that he listed, around the time he said he was diagnosed with Barrett’s Esophagus? Anemia, A bleeding ulcer, he might’ve mentioned hallucinations as well.

If he is attending mass again… that’s nice to hear😊 Hopefully, it brings him a sense of peace and connection to God. His personal faith, is definitely between him and God.
I don't remember exactly when that was, but was he has listed over the year, as I recall
Depression since teens
Barrett's Esophagus/Cancer
Anemia (this can be lifelong and debiltating, I don't know how his is)
Ulcer
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
And in addition to the 2014 Boston show when he collapsed, there was another issue in 2007 here when he just walked off the stage, blamed it on air conditioning at a late night show he was on the night before and never came back out and canceled some shows after that date. Rumor was he was in the hospital here again too at that time, but I don't know if that was true or not.
I think the church thing was a while ago when he lived in Rome.

He didn't mention Weinstein at all, he was asked what he thought of Spacey being edited out of a film & they were talking about the media coverage. He said it had become theatrical.

He also made it clear he was against sexual violence.
He said a lot of shit. You're welcome to read the parts that support whatever point you're trying to make and ignore the rest. But it was "unfortunate" and wildly dismissive of anyone who has actually been sexually abused.
Shocker that he's "against sexual violence" though. That's really taking a bold stance isn't it.

He said a lot of shit. You're welcome to read the parts that support whatever point you're trying to make and ignore the rest. But it was "unfortunate" and wildly dismissive of anyone who has actually been sexually abused.
Shocker that he's "against sexual violence" though. That's really taking a bold stance isn't it.

It wasn't dismissive of "anyone" who has actually been sexually abused - it was a conversation about the casting couch, me too in general, dating & stories about abuse that turn out not to be true.

For example - Ed Westwick was edited out of a show & is now back working.

It wasn't dismissive of "anyone" who has actually been sexually abused - it was a conversation about the casting couch, me too in general, dating & stories about abuse that turn out not to be true.

For example - Ed Westwick was edited out of a show & is now back working.
Now you're suddenly remembering more of the interview. The casting couch is a thing but Weinstein is a convicted rapist and that's a different thing. Stringing all those things together seems like an attempt to muddy the waters. Nothing "turned out not to be true" in the case of Weinstein or Spacey.
Supporting the powerful perpetrators of sexual violence against the relatively powerless victims of it is a shitty thing to do.

People lie about being raped and sexually abused, it's just a fact.
In the case of Kevin Spacey, I think most the accusations were legitimate. He has a notorious reputation. He‘s probably a pervert. My sister had a friend who worked at a hotel, and he claimed that Kevin Spacey hit on him.

@Vex your time would be better spent pushing the narrative about Morrissey supporting the "lesbian animal rights advocate" because that actually plays as much more plausible.

In the case of Kevin Spacey, I think most the accusations were legitimate. He has a notorious reputation. He‘s probably a pervert. My sister had a friend who worked at a hotel, and he claimed that Kevin Spacey hit on him.
Yet there aren't any convictions and a civil suit against him was dropped with prejudice. I think people are innocent until proven guilty and over the past years, when Mia Farrow again resurrected her never ending grudge against Woody Allen and they started with the sex abuse allegations (Dylan), then Ronan chimed in and Me Too got started ,there has been a lot of lying. A lot.
Hitting on someone and sexually assaulting them are 2 different things.
I work in the legal field, I see victims, I work with them and work on child abuse cases and things like that and I think the false allegations are incredibly damaging to real victims.
I realize this is a very polarizing topic and I too was frustrated and upset with some of the things Morrissey said, until I really thought about them and thought about the truth in them.
1 false allegation against a man can ruin his life forever. 1 sexual assault can ruin a person's life forever. It's complicated. We want to believe victims and we want people to get their due process.

Yet there aren't any convictions and a civil suit against him was dropped with prejudice. I think people are innocent until proven guilty and over the past years, when Mia Farrow again resurrected her never ending grudge against Woody Allen and they started with the sex abuse allegations (Dylan), then Ronan chimed in and Me Too got started ,there has been a lot of lying. A lot.
I work in the legal field, I see victims, I work with them and work on child abuse cases and things like that and I think the false allegations are incredibly damaging to real victims.
I realize this is a very polarizing topic and I too was frustrated and upset with some of the things Morrissey said, until I really thought about them and thought about the truth in them.
1 false allegation against a man can ruin his life forever. 1 sexual assault can ruin a person's life forever. It's complicated. We want to believe victims and we want people to get their due process.
I actually agree with you about the Woody Allen and Mia Farrow case. I think that‘s not a black & white case, in the way the media likes to portray it as. And I agree with you that everyone deserves due process.

And yes, I’m aware hitting on someone isn’t the same thing as assault. However, I do truly believe the alleged victims of Kevin Spacey. Harvey Weinstein is more complicated case for me, even though, I feel he is quite a repellent character.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really strange, if I were to believe anything you write, because you're saying Michael Jackson is a pedo in another thread. I believe he is, but you seem to apply these beliefs you're claiming to hold in a really arbitrary manner.

Neil is dreamier with short hair, I think the long hair hides his great features. I'm not even a Suede fan.
NO WAY!!!! he's both infinitely cooler and infinitely more angelic with long hair. he used to look like a bit of a sissy, now he looks like a rough natalia vodianova.
1647847512728.png

why arent i able to post instragram photos here anymore either? i was all set to show pictorial evidence of how superbly dreamy and angelic and cool neil is with his long hair!!

I actually agree with you about the Woody Allen and Mia Farrow case. I think that‘s not a black & white case, in the way the media likes to portray it as. And I agree with you that everyone deserves due process.

And yes, I’m aware hitting on someone isn’t the same thing as assault. However, I do truly believe the alleged victims of Kevin Spacey. Harvey Weinstein is more complicated case for me, even though, I feel he is quite repellent a character.
Weinsten is repellant, you won't get any disagreement there.
I think with Spacey all we are really left with are opinions because I don't think any of this will be resolved in court. I am not a huge fan of his, I don't have any opinion of him one way or the othe really. His life is ruined tho, whether he deserves it or not, I have no clue.

Back
Top Bottom